PDA

View Full Version : keeping score

misha3791
10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Flyghing a WEC I learned, hard way, that two engine plane kill earns you 200 points. Shouldn't you be rewarded by how many enemy people you put in jeperdy and not how many pistons and propellers you have knocked off? Because B17 could be a very triky plane to kill, not because of 4 engines, but people shooting guns at you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif I think it's easy to fix with the next patch, so that next WEC I play I could take P38 or 109Z and have a fare score. THX

misha3791
10-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Flyghing a WEC I learned, hard way, that two engine plane kill earns you 200 points. Shouldn't you be rewarded by how many enemy people you put in jeperdy and not how many pistons and propellers you have knocked off? Because B17 could be a very triky plane to kill, not because of 4 engines, but people shooting guns at you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif I think it's easy to fix with the next patch, so that next WEC I play I could take P38 or 109Z and have a fare score. THX

Daiichidoku
10-16-2005, 12:19 AM
points system is silly

better to have a simple team/individual kill/loss counter

or

be able for the host to set his own values for bombers, fighters, AAA, ships, tanks, trucks, tents, personnel, trees, etc etc etc depending on what the focus of the mission is...killing a pillbox holding up ground troops may be more vital than shooting down a few fighters

even just to land at destination safely should give a selectable value of points...example: flying me 323 to desination: to delivered the needed supplies!
flying spitfire to malta from hms eagle, uss wasp, etc, to replace losses there

misha3791
10-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Excellent point, Daiichidoku, but I was complaining about how score works in the WEC competition. Those of us who feel comfortable in P38 or bf109Z get 200 points against. I dont think it's fair.

Kuna15
10-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Points system may not be the ideal solution and I think that we will have some different system in BoB.

tigertalon
10-16-2005, 05:35 PM
That's actually how Germans awarded their pilots - example: if one shot down 5 B17s and a mustang, and the other got 21 single engined fighters, they would be awarded with same decoration.