PDA

View Full Version : How to make 4v4 Brawls more popular?

Bill_Scoldberg
01-05-2019, 11:19 AM
So i enjoy this game. I initially played it for the 1v1 duel mano y mano environment. Then I had a friend, and we played 2v2 brawls. This was very fun, adding a partner to a dueling theme.

Now, I have more friends that I would love to play this brawl mode with 4v4. But we sat in the matchmaking (4v4 elimination) lobby, and 7+ minutes, the lobby doesnt bring in anyone. I know dominion is the most popular. But i don't enjoy the capture the zone on the map mode, I like the dueling aspects in 1v1 and 2v2. My friends feel the same way. Don't like skirmish either. We like one life per round.

Ubisoft CMs and Devs, is there anything you can do to increase the population for 4v4 brawling (elimination). Special rewards ? or cosmetics? Move the playlist to the duel & brawls section?

And for 4v4 brawls, can there be lane dividers, so that people can't gank on duels that are still going on? Let them duke it out, then take away the lane divider, and let the remaining duelers fight.

Tyrjo
01-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Increase the steel and XP for Elimination could be one way of making more people play it.

Bill_Scoldberg
01-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Sounds good to me! Perhaps the rationale for a non-respawn game mode should warrant some extra reward.

EvoX.
01-06-2019, 02:12 AM
Elimation is a mode I enjoy quite a lot, if I can get into a game for it. When everyone but the last pair is finished with their duels and they gather around them and watch, encourage, mock... reminds me heavily of Dark Souls 2 and 3 fight clubs.

I don't think higher rewards are the way to popularize it, though. People just don't fancy having to wait so long for duels, something they can much more easily get into already.

Bill_Scoldberg
01-06-2019, 04:59 AM
The only way to make it more popular is to increase rewards. use what they have in their toolkit of incentives.

Yeah the idea of spectating alive players and hope for a comeback, clutch, is very excitng and entertaining.

Tundra 793
01-06-2019, 05:40 AM
Boosting the rewards is risky; The players who'll flock to a game mode just to game the system, and earn maximum rewards, are not the players we want to see in that game mode.

Maybe just start doing more events/orders/promotions for Skirmish and Elimination. They're great game modes, at least they used to be, but they just keep getting overshadowed by Breach, Dominion and the ranked stuff.

Bill_Scoldberg
01-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Good idea on events or orders. Perhaps if we do an order for like say do 5 eliminations in a row, and get bonus steel?

But i feel 4v4 elimination should be moved to the duels/brawls playlist because it is more in that theme, or spirit of gameplay. Perhaps it would help the the visibility for ppl who like this one life only gameplay

PandasStick
01-10-2019, 02:26 AM
The best way to encourage people tbh is just simply increasing the reward payout.

Tatsu147146
01-10-2019, 07:58 PM
I do agree that the devs should probably at some point do something about death match modes but with everything else going on it's likely a low priority. On the other hand we as a community could try to make it somewhat easier to get a match by posting timestamps on a thread so if anyone is interested in playing it but doesn't want to wait a lot could refer to the time stamps as a way to measure likely activity. For example there could be three hour intervals to try to spike activity on said hour and keep the game going for a long time and if people begin to leave the game mode you just have to wait (not in matchmaking of course) until the next timestamp and a possible activity spike.

Just a thought that's been on my head lately and I don't really know if it'll work but I felt like sharing anyway. If this idea gets good feedback we could try to get a mod to sticky some timestamps for the game mode, the mods are generally more helpful than the devs anyway.

Lord_Cherubi
01-11-2019, 08:43 AM
I might consider playing elimination if it was in a separate matchmaking list as it is a pretty fun game mode. But i despise skirmish, it's basically dominion but even more trash as it doesn't even have the slight chance of teamplay/tactisisms as there is no zones to be captured.

Bill_Scoldberg
01-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Good to hear some support and love for elimination.

I discussed this with some friends, and I understand why elimination may not be very popular and how we can address it with a few tweaks.

As yall know the community may not always be honorable and will gank once ONE opponent goes down. So how about we keep this honorable. Tag team match like professional wrestling. 4v4. First you start in the arena 1v1, and 3 of your teamates watch on rooting for you. Then once a fight is done, the initial combatant can still stay in, or they can tag in a fresh new man, leading to a fresh 1v1.

This keeps the intense duel atmosphere still in tact, yet all fights will still be honorable.

But yeah at the end of the day, there needs to be increased rewards and ways to keep the fighting honorable since it's only 1 life per round. Keep this mode in the duels/brawls section since its in the same theme/spirit of fighting

Rute_OG
01-16-2019, 10:03 PM
I am not a smart man. I know that I like to stab 1 person. I also know that I like to stab 2 people. I would probably like to stab 4 people, but I never get the opportunity. There are a lot of good ideas here and Im not sure that I can add many more to the pot. Whether it be Orders to play Elim, increasing steel rewards for Elim, increase chance of loot drops for playing Elim...as long as it brings a population to that game mode, Im all for it. I truly hope that someone @Ubi see's this post and runs with it.

Bill_Scoldberg
01-18-2019, 08:53 AM
I am not a smart man. I know that I like to stab 1 person. I also know that I like to stab 2 people. I would probably like to stab 4 people, but I never get the opportunity. There are a lot of good ideas here and Im not sure that I can add many more to the pot. Whether it be Orders to play Elim, increasing steel rewards for Elim, increase chance of loot drops for playing Elim...as long as it brings a population to that game mode, Im all for it. I truly hope that someone @Ubi see's this post and runs with it.

Agreed, the first step to make the game mode more popular is increased steel and loot drops. There needs to be an incentive. This increased reward can be justified because a 1 life only mode/ no respawn is punishing and unforgiving.

Next, put the 4v4 Elimination tag team match in the duel and brawls section because it fits with the theme of no respawn/1 life only. Otherwise Elimination 4v4 is hidden, tucked away behind dominion and tribute.

LEGENDz_31
01-18-2019, 08:27 PM
I might consider playing elimination if it was in a separate matchmaking list as it is a pretty fun game mode. But i despise skirmish, it's basically dominion but even more trash as it doesn't even have the slight chance of teamplay/tactisisms as there is no zones to be captured.

I agree, I use to play elimination the most as soon as they attached it to skirmish it killed it for me. Now that you have to wait 5-10min and itís attached to skirmish...... nope not happening

Bill_Scoldberg
01-19-2019, 01:06 AM
I agree, I use to play elimination the most as soon as they attached it to skirmish it killed it for me. Now that you have to wait 5-10min and it’s attached to skirmish...... nope not happening

Agreed with both posts. Let's just get rid of Skirmish (aka dominion w/o objectives), and just focus on 4v4 Elimination tag team. Put this mode right up front with the Duel and Brawl modes.
Plus Ubisoft needs to give the mode more steel and loot rewards post-game to incentivize playing this mode.

At this point, I tried playing dominion but it's just not fun as duel and brawl. The only reason I play dominion is so that I can play with 3 of my friends. I play the mode out of necessity, not because it's entertaining. I don't like going to B and having to clear out minions. It's boring and repetitive.

CandleInTheDark
01-19-2019, 08:48 PM
The last few posts in this thread pretty much tell the whole story, there are too many people who try to enforce their own homebrew rules on others, even better is when they decide they are going to matchmake for both deathmatch modes, hijack the map selection and then try to force that style of playing on people who queued specifically for skirmish, had that happen more than once. The fact is that if the game was only meant to be played in that way the game mode would enforce that style of play, it doesn't, same goes for brawl which they started spawning players closer together in to try and discourage that when people requested such.

Also add in that, and I can say this having my text chat set to all, elimination is easily the most toxic of all of the game modes, pretty much because people flame those who don't play by rules that are not hardcoded into the game itself.

And don't fool yourself into thinking it is only at this population because the deathmatch forms are on the same playlist, I have been here from day one, so a history lesson for you. Back before they merged the game modes the populations of both were low and people kept begging ubisoft to try and force players into them by breaking their reward over time balancing or by putting a lot more orders in just as have been suggested in this thread and they said that was not an option they would consider, eventually when tribute came in this was their solution, to merge the pools as they had been to begin with.

All in all the main reason is some players, in fact judging by the population count historically and today, most players, don't like being pressured to stand and watch two other people play the game and then be told they are doing it wrong when they try to play in a way the game allows them to, the main change that needs to be made? The hardcore elimination playerbase and how toxic they make the game mode as a whole.