PDA

View Full Version : Torp Reload, Resting Crew & Stopwatch for GW

Heinrich505
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone. I've been immersing myself in this amazing game and the Grey Wolves mod. I was heavy into Aces of the Deep and Silent Hunter II, but this is sooo much better. I'm really stunned by the Grey Wolves mod...quite amazing.

I had a couple quick questions. I've noticed how helpful everyone is on this forum. I've been going through and reading the different posts, and learning quite a lot.

How do you activate the pulldown stopwatch in GW? I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Is there a notification of torpedo reload time? I am presently working a Kanoe (IIa) early in the war, and couldn't get the tired crew to reload after firing off the three tubes. They were a bit overworked, but I was not in silent running, had a full crew in the forward torpedo room, had an officer present, etc. Still, couldn't get the boys to load. Also, didn't see where there was any indication as to time before reload completed. Is there one? If so, where?

Is there any good way of rotating the crew to avoid them all being tired? I've tried all sorts of routines to no avail.

Thanks for the help in advance. This is really a great game. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Heinrich505

Heinrich505
09-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone. I've been immersing myself in this amazing game and the Grey Wolves mod. I was heavy into Aces of the Deep and Silent Hunter II, but this is sooo much better. I'm really stunned by the Grey Wolves mod...quite amazing.

I had a couple quick questions. I've noticed how helpful everyone is on this forum. I've been going through and reading the different posts, and learning quite a lot.

How do you activate the pulldown stopwatch in GW? I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Is there a notification of torpedo reload time? I am presently working a Kanoe (IIa) early in the war, and couldn't get the tired crew to reload after firing off the three tubes. They were a bit overworked, but I was not in silent running, had a full crew in the forward torpedo room, had an officer present, etc. Still, couldn't get the boys to load. Also, didn't see where there was any indication as to time before reload completed. Is there one? If so, where?

Is there any good way of rotating the crew to avoid them all being tired? I've tried all sorts of routines to no avail.

Thanks for the help in advance. This is really a great game. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Heinrich505

hueywolf123
09-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.
Ok, click on your weapon officers head (the baldy man)then click on the torpedoes, then a semi transparent window will pop up.
On the r/h corner, you will see a box marked auto reload, this should have a tick in it. After that, just drag your cursor onto the torp in question and a small box will appear with a countdown time for each reload.
The stopwatch? just click & drag. It will only do anything when you launch fish.
Good luck & good hunting

Heinrich505
09-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks Hueywolf. Appreciate the quick response and welcome information. There is so much to learn about this sim. I'm enjoying the forum almost as much as cruising the waves. So far I've just experienced the storms of the North Sea. I get the feeling I am actually there. I can just imagine the storms in the Atlantic. Thanks again.

Heinrich55 U-17

hueywolf123
09-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Thats the way it is with all of us here. the forum keeps us cruising the oceans, cruising the oceans takes us back to the forum & so on

hueywolf123
09-24-2006, 10:05 PM
The other thing is, you need to use 'commander 2.6' This enables you to set fatigue levels, reward your crew, better manage your crew. Set time compression, set wave heights etc. It is available as a free download, go to u-boatrealsimulation.com and you'll find it there.
Just a hint though, only travel on the surface long enough to charge your batteries. When under, go down to 40m, go ahead slow, put all your fatigued crew into the accomodation when they've had a good snoozee, then do the same with the others. When you've gotten rid of a the fatigue - time compression will now overide this for anything above 64x.
Remember, if you want no fatigue, se your tc to 64x or higher, but be ready in case things happen