PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Region

GNWHecate
01-03-2019, 11:14 PM
EU player constantly being forced to connect to the American data centres. Matchmaker never even bothers to look before going worlwide. Majority of my matches and unplayable as a result and I'm living in a constant land of leavers penalty due to it. Any help?

Haplo_Bane
01-04-2019, 02:23 AM
The same thing happened to me,but it took me from my Australian server to some european one. Since you have absolutely no control over it and everyone WILL be pissed off your latency is so high,here's three options available to you.1.Stop playing before you get banned 2. Keep playing and hope it fixes itself. 3 Keep playing,get banned and stop playing . I chose 2 but 3 ended up happening instead. Good luck.

UbiInsulin
01-04-2019, 09:00 PM
Thanks for creating a thread about this.

About how much time elapses before matchmaking expands its parameters to more regions? And about how much longer should the system wait to do that, in your opinion?

GNWHecate
01-04-2019, 10:38 PM
It widens the paramaters what feels like almost instantly even though there are clearly matches available. I don't think the time is the issue moreso that right now the matchmaker seems to be simply not even attempting to function for some people.

Haplo_Bane
01-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Xbone Australia GamerTag: Platonic Hater . Much like GNWHecate, the region search parameters have never come into play. For over 1 year and a half I've always been in the Australian(Oceanic) servers. You could get around it by joining two Americans(for eg.) and you would be dragged to their region. But of coarse the guest would be laggy,so I mainly solo'd. My region had a small and steady player base (which has halved in the past month) and we all know each other (for better or worse). The point being, we've been used to 5-10 minutes wait during peak playing time since the start of the game. After peak it was only playable if you were willing to spend hours relentlessly attacking multiple gamemodes hoping there's another idiot like you doing the same. At no point has the region search parameters have ever,ever come into play. Actually,because of the small player base,half of us are all talking to each other. There's usually two main groups. So,for over a year and a half we've been talking,asking questions and acutely noticing what decisions the MatchMaking program chooses to make for a 'balanced' match. The overall conclusion is : None of the parameters matter. The only thing that matters is. You've done well ? Excellent, the MM will now reward you with at least 5 of the worst matches with 3 of the worst/newest playeres it can statistically find. If you actually have the audacity to spend the next 15-25 minutes sweating your *** off helping everyone,running base to base,constantly outnumbered,not falling for any cheap deaths and somehow end up winning, you are rewarded with even more matches like this. So don't even bother asking anything about any of the search parameters. Ironically,though,when it put me in a different region,I joined matches instantly.Instantly. For someone who is used to always waiting,this was incredible. Put unfortunately reinforces the fact,the search parameters are eye candy only. They are words on a load screen that hold no meaning. I was also exciting to see names I haven't seen before. No one that knew my sneaky tricks,traps,strategies and whatever. At first I thought the game was not region locked. I had stopped checking the forums long ago,because even though the moderators do a great job at responding (the more forums I have visited since I've started posting on this one,more rare I find it that anyone responds at all), most of the responses are pointless,inane and repetitive(you will literally see the exact same responses to months/years old problems). The old one's were even funny and a bit honest at times,which made you hang in there. But no, it was still region locked. I asked people I played with if they were still in our usual region. They were. When I played with them, I was back in my own region. If they weren't playing I was in other regions. Getting matches instantly. And I gotta be honest,I had soooo much fun. The most fun I'd had in a long,long,long time. I had forgot the game could actually be fun. But,it was at others expense. My latency was a steady 166. It never wavered(weird, right?) The latency in my region goes from 15-36. And I'm not stupid. I've faced plenty of people with high latency in my region. It's actually a hugh faction in my region. They know they're laggy. They know the effect it has on other players. They go in groups and there is literally nothing you can do. Four people,it doesn't matter what characters they pick,or what glitches and exploits are currenly in the game,you can't see their attacks.Blocking or parring is pointless as most attacks will go through your blocks anyway. If you want to keep playing you have to learn to xbox home quit when matched against them,unless you feel like spending the next 15minutes in a match where nothing you do,go or press will matter. So I'm very,very aware of the effect of having high latency has on others players. On every other game I've ever played having a high latency puts you at a severe disadvantage. This game,it puts you in a seperate kind of 'god' mode. So I was having a ball. I didn't even have to concentrate. Parries were soooo easy. My attacks went through blocks. No one could counter grab me because the window was over before they even realised it began. It was just sooo awesome to be on the other side for a change, I took that ball and ran with it,like a homeless person with a McDonalds voucher.I even stopped joining my old teammates,to play at 166 a bit longer. Every day I expected for everything to go back to normal. The more I played,the more complaints I received. I figured I was in an European server most of the time. I couldn't understand at lot of people. The one's I could would be angry,insist I stopped playing,accuse me of cheating etc... I.knew I'd be getting reported. I didn't care. I wasn't cheating, I had no control over what match I was put in,It's my game,my system I'm playing it on,in conjunction with the xbox gold subscription you need to play the game,all of which I have payed for and I knew the devs or support wouldn't give a flying f#@k from previous experiences and most importantly,I was having fun. So,it will work itself out and I'll keep playing, or I'll eventually be banned,and that's that. Got my money's worth,had fun,but now it's over. Enough is enough. A message popped up informing me of my ban and the details will be emailed to me. I have to input my email address every time I log into this forum as it's my user name. To this day I have not recieved that notification in that email,nor my other two. But that's ok. I know why. I was at peace with it even before it happened. I haven't played in over a month. I checked the forums recently to see if anything has changed. Nothing important has. Just new costumes,emotes and fluff. Business as usual. Just a bit of general advice to 'pass along' to the devs. You don't have many people left. It might be time to stop going out of their way to piss them off.