PDA

View Full Version : Oleg - Supply isn't meeting demand in some areas..

IVJG51_Swine
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Just FYI to the Oleg Team. There were only two copies from what I can gather delivered to the Houston area after release and there is a huge demand. I guess no PC company is delivering large quantities of games anymore to save on costs. The salesman at the place I went to had people calling him and asking him if he would accept an additional $20 - $30 bucks(on the side) to hold the game since they didn't pre-order it. I hate to see this type of thing since in my book you guys need to capitalize on the demand. I want to see the Oleg crew become a success as I'm sure many others do. Houston is the third - fourth largest city in the United States BTW...Hopefully more is on the way soon...

~S~

IVJG51_Swine
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Just FYI to the Oleg Team. There were only two copies from what I can gather delivered to the Houston area after release and there is a huge demand. I guess no PC company is delivering large quantities of games anymore to save on costs. The salesman at the place I went to had people calling him and asking him if he would accept an additional $20 - $30 bucks(on the side) to hold the game since they didn't pre-order it. I hate to see this type of thing since in my book you guys need to capitalize on the demand. I want to see the Oleg crew become a success as I'm sure many others do. Houston is the third - fourth largest city in the United States BTW...Hopefully more is on the way soon...

~S~

VW-IceFire
10-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Its not really Oleg's problem...its the publisher, UBI that needs to deal with this.

So far...my efforts here in Canada have been totally thwarted. Neither Bust Buy, nor Futureshop...the two largest electronic stores, have ever heard of it...its not even in their systems!

I hear EB in Toronto had a pair of copies delivered. They were sold quickly apparently...its a self perpetuating prophecy...sims don't sell well because they don't produce enough. Ironic.

WWMaxGunz
10-29-2004, 06:02 PM
The stores aren't buying them. You can find a whole row of M$CFS that will mostly be
there for a long time at inflated prices that take forever to drop (still won't buy
em even then but somebody will, maybe) below $50 but something people keep calling for?
Just another case of management types needing to get their heads up for air.

I've been wanting to buy from a store to help support the mass preorders they do, but
they don't. Direct from UBI still works?

Neal

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2004, 06:23 PM
I bought directly from Ubi... My reasoning is that they will get a much bigger profit margin that way (no bulk rate deduction to the store). Then when Ubi goes to consider the next contract with Maddox, they will look at the total profit made from the last title and my purchase will have had as much impact as 2 or 3 sales from a store shelf.

I think if we give as much profit as we can to Ubi to try to counter the piracy issue, they will be more likely to keep funding Maddox projects at sustainable levels.

Alas though, such idealism probably will have no actual practical impact... not even if half the people on this forum buy direct from Ubi.

Perhaps what Maddox needs to do is open up a PayPal account to accept donations ... sigh.

Bearcat99
10-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Thats a good point and one I hadnt considered.

Obi_Kwiet
10-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Our Best Buy was sold out on the same day it was on the shelves. I didn't make it in time. (15 can't drive) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

The moron at game stop wasn't to concerned and pronounced it as a "B" title. He had console n00b written all over him.

RobertNighthawk
10-30-2004, 03:07 AM
I got the last one of only six copies delivered in Memphis on Thursday.

God I love this game.

WB_Outlaw
10-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Swine,
The Best Buy at Hwy 6 and FM 529 had 8 copies on Friday the 29th. They were still in the shipping box at 3:45pm and I had to wait for over 30 minutes while the guy dug them out. They probably still have some left.
The Best Buy at Hwy 6 and Westheimer had 12 copies in shipment on Thursday the 28th.

The EB Games across Hwy 6 from the Best Buy had a large shipment come in Thursday but it had been broken into. One of the missing titles was all 10 copies of PF.

-Outlaw.

IVJG51_Swine
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks Outlaw http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Shrike_UK
11-05-2004, 12:12 PM
good point AgentBif

Lemky
11-05-2004, 08:44 PM
Still looking here in Canada on the west coast.Can not find.Would order From UBI soft but the shipping price looks to high.Maybe thats why I can not find a copy,they want to make some bucks on the shipping.If the game is out there in stores, more copy's would sell to the general public,Means to me more new flight simmers.{more sales]
In my town I can not find a copy for sale of IL2,FB,Aces or PF in the stores,but all of the microsoft fight sims are in stock,What gives,I am glad UBI soft is not pushing a product for me.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2004, 10:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lemky:
Still looking here in Canada on the west coast.Can not find.Would order From UBI soft but the shipping price looks to high.Maybe thats why I can not find a copy,they want to make some bucks on the shipping. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just willing to eat the cost of the shipping... it was only a few bucks, tax costs a few anyway, it gets me the game much earlier, and I didn't have to hassle with driving down to the store. In the end, I think it does 1C:Maddox more good buying it this way too.

Lemky
11-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Not my point ,get more copies into stores more new players in to the sim.To have to order on line is a sign of a lazy sales promo.Remember X Mas is coming.To UBI soft do you need a sales person,I Crush Rock for a living,But I could do better than you at getting this product out.Pissed yes it is so hard to see a great game past by.

Hunter82
11-06-2004, 05:14 AM
Probably the issue is as I had found out, the community is very small. I have 10 copies left and very few looking at it. It's not a big seller as far as software goes and the direct opposite can be derived from ordering direct if you want it stocked in more store locations. Sales have to be there to drive ordering....it's basic purchasing push/pull system.

Personally I don't see myself ordering titles in large qty either any longer as it does me no good to have money tied up in product not selling....it's poor business. Supply and demand works both ways guys.