PDA

View Full Version : The Minimum iPad model required?

Seamndel
12-24-2018, 10:27 AM
What is the most basic iPad model required for the IOS version to run without a hitch? On that note, how does the game run on ipads in general? Are there problems with note synching regardless of the iPad model you're running it on ? Are there severe frame-rate issues on certain devices? Loading times/ texture loading problems?

I ask beacuse i plan on buying an iPad and there is literally zero information online regarding recommended specs (excluding ubisoft's official briefing that it has to runs on IOS 9.0 and/or above)

Thanks in advance.

Black_Widow9
12-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums, Seamndel. :)

The iOS edition of Rocksmith was designed for devices running iOS 9.0 and later. Older devices or devices running earlier versions of iOS are not supported and not recommended. Those are the recommended specs.

I haven't personally seen many if any, complaints about the issues you're asking about. We have a detailed FAQ here (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1668565-Rocksmith-on-iOS-General-Questions-amp-Answers) if you'd like to take a look first or you can download the app for free with four songs to test it out.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

butlerdidit75
12-30-2018, 01:58 AM
I wouldn't invest any money into buying songs. A year and a half later the app doesn't seem to be getting updated anymore. The last patch was almost 6 months ago, and nothing since. Do yourself a favor and either get the console or steam version.

Deltani
01-06-2019, 03:09 PM
With respect, I have to disagree with that sentiment. The iOS version gives much valued portability to me, I bought a travel electro acoustic guitar specifically for it. Regarding patches... I’m thankful there haven’t been many as it would require me resetting to Canada App Store to install (which cancels any subscriptions I have active), I haven’t had any issues that need patching anyway. I do long for the day the iOS version is available globally though. I have the Xbox version too and there are plenty of songs I can choose on both platforms (I am still at beginner level though), whilst the Xbox version has more, the iOS version has some not available on Xbox. I also don’t mind buying the same odd song on both platforms as it allows me to continue practising when away from home.

ZagatoZee
01-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Minor point maybe, but as of the Nov 20 update at least, it states iOS 10 is required.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/456167258259980288/534969613033799681/image0.png