PDA

View Full Version : Some questions regarding details of the sim

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
This sim looks great. But good looks are like nice wrapping paper - they don't mean much if what's inside isn't very good. With that in mind, I wonder if anyone can answer these questions:

1. What is the game's campaign like? Is it a tired old linear campaign like SH1 and SH2? Or is it a random or dynamic campaign?

2. Will we be able to truly stalk the Atlantic shipping lanes, or will scenarios be generated like in the ultra-lame SH2?

3. I've never seen a sub simulation that simulated the time ships really take to sink. Ships don't usually sink in 2 minutes, yet in sub sims they often sink in seconds. Will this aspect of realism be addressed in this game?

My hopes couldn't be higher for this sub game. I've been waiting years for a great U-Boot simulator to come along. Aces of the Deep was the last truly great sub sim, and that was a loooong time ago. I hope this one doesn't disappoint like the previous Silent Hunter did.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-08-2004, 11:22 AM
This sim looks great. But good looks are like nice wrapping paper - they don't mean much if what's inside isn't very good. With that in mind, I wonder if anyone can answer these questions:

1. What is the game's campaign like? Is it a tired old linear campaign like SH1 and SH2? Or is it a random or dynamic campaign?

2. Will we be able to truly stalk the Atlantic shipping lanes, or will scenarios be generated like in the ultra-lame SH2?

3. I've never seen a sub simulation that simulated the time ships really take to sink. Ships don't usually sink in 2 minutes, yet in sub sims they often sink in seconds. Will this aspect of realism be addressed in this game?

My hopes couldn't be higher for this sub game. I've been waiting years for a great U-Boot simulator to come along. Aces of the Deep was the last truly great sub sim, and that was a loooong time ago. I hope this one doesn't disappoint like the previous Silent Hunter did.

diveplane
11-08-2004, 11:43 AM
all these qs have been answered,
full dynamic campain in the sim
go anywhere in the sim to hunt boats
down, also the sinking off ships
each ship in the sim has different
damage models, also depends where your torp
hits the hull, and the size off hole you put
in her hull, =sink rate

Gouldjg
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Welcome Beeryus

Well I think from reading most articles and dev team reports we will get something that is well worth playing.

Take a trawl through previous threads and check out the various links to reports etc from the dev team and what various subsim communities have asked about this game.

The game has been put back to include a dynamic campaign which is a good thing that all wanted to have included. The extent of the dynamic campaign will depend on what the developers and hoping for the future. I personally dont expect to be able to travel to the pacific to aid the japanese though I may be wrong.

I know that the fast ship sinking will not happen in the harder modes of play.

To end it I hope like many the game is worth the wait and boy what a frustrating wait is has been. Nothing has appealed to me on the shop shelves of late.

Call of duty with expansion is a worthy time killer till this game arrives.

Gouldjg
11-08-2004, 11:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>After reading my previous responce I see that speeling is not one of my strongests point but hey. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus I need sacking.

Can someone tell me how to edit and existing thread as you can guess I am clueless liek most safety officers.

Cheer u2336 I think I have got it now. Its just that i am rushing all the time and never stop to learn these things

u2336
11-08-2004, 11:56 AM
see the two or three little icones on the right down corner of each post ? Well, on your posts you will find the edit button.