PDA

View Full Version : No flyable campaign in the ace expansion pack

celtic_hammer
11-17-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi people, I was wondering if some ppl were having the same problem as I am encountering. Whenever I start a campaign in AEP the loading screen freezes up and I have to restart the game. I didnt have this problem in the original IL2 and in PC the campaign also runs fine (with a few exeptions where the game cant find russian paratroopers....) I have also tried just forgotten battle and that one also runs fine. Since I run a 3200 amd 64 and have the asus 9999 ge videocard I dont its my system crapping up so it must be a software glitch. Can anyone help me with tis?

celtic_hammer
11-17-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi people, I was wondering if some ppl were having the same problem as I am encountering. Whenever I start a campaign in AEP the loading screen freezes up and I have to restart the game. I didnt have this problem in the original IL2 and in PC the campaign also runs fine (with a few exeptions where the game cant find russian paratroopers....) I have also tried just forgotten battle and that one also runs fine. Since I run a 3200 amd 64 and have the asus 9999 ge videocard I dont its my system crapping up so it must be a software glitch. Can anyone help me with tis?

LEXX_Luthor
11-17-2004, 08:36 AM
I guess your system is crapping, probably Windows or some game file corrupted. Happened to me.

A few weeks ago my Full Mission Builder would not work--blank blue screen and no menu forcing me to reboot computer to get out of FMB--until I noticed my "bldconf" text file was somehow turned into garbage characters instead of English. I had a backup file. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Then My FB/AEP ran just fine, always installed Perfect, until FP came along and I wouldn't get past Install Shield until I re~install Windows, I screwed something.

What you do is after you install FB and AEP into the Default C:\ubi\blahblah\blah... folder and see its working, make a "play" folder somewhere else on another drive (or drive partition if you are familiar with that). Play from the copy game folder, so if you mess something up, you just Delete play folder and copy again. Don't Patch up original install folder, Patch up the play folder. Also create shortcuts to play folder FB and often used game files like "conf" file or a testing mission file.

Name the play folder something simple like D:\FB http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Wellcome to Forgotten Board.