PDA

View Full Version : AC event mode

bannex19
12-21-2018, 12:31 AM
I actually really like the new event mode. Figured I'd post something positive for once. I'd love to see it not ACed out and with reg commanders

Nidhrion
12-21-2018, 12:38 AM
I don't. This interference of AC into For honor is annoying, i'm personally not a big fan of AC, i would have prefered an original event like the Halloween one ina game that is not AC
I don't like the effects, nor all the trinkets with AC symbols on it, but i have to admit that the outfit colours and some of the paint patterns are nice.

Tundra 793
12-21-2018, 12:38 AM
Had a go at the new event earlier. It's pretty fun, but the whole AC crossover thing just kills it for me. As always, For Honor remains entertaining enough, but lacks something rather intangible for me to love it.
The new weapons are also pretty cool. Still way too much ****ing gold (for the love of all kinds of Gods, someone tell the art department that other metals also exist!), but the AC emblems really puts a damper on their overall appearance.

It's fun, and as well crafted as any other event, but I don't understand why it couldn't just have been a pure For Honor event, rather than a nonsenseical crossover.

Nidhrion
12-21-2018, 12:43 AM
Ah yeah, right. The topic was about the Event Mode.

I kinda like it aswell, but as Tundra said, i'm disappointed too with the whole nonsense this crossover brought to the game.

bannex19
12-21-2018, 12:55 AM
Truthfully, the ac thing doesn't throw me off like the ridiculous skeletons in cowboy hats. Games do cross over stuff all the time, at least they're not doing the division.

Tundra 793
12-21-2018, 12:56 AM
at least they're not doing the division.

Shhh, don't give them any ideas!

DefiledDragon
12-21-2018, 01:25 AM
It's ****ing awful. I hated AC. Not because I didn't like the game. AC4 (the pirate one) would have been great if it wasn't for all this animus ****. It ruined that game for me and the event is utter ****ing wank.

Tundra 793
12-21-2018, 01:28 AM
It's ****ing awful. I hated AC. Not because I didn't like the game. AC4 (the pirate one) would have been great if it wasn't for all this animus ****. It ruined that game for me and the event is utter ****ing wank.

Now tell us how you really feel.

bannex19
12-21-2018, 01:54 AM
Dude ignore the AC aesthetic. Im talking about the actual game mode.

Ubiflowessence
12-21-2018, 01:59 AM
Appreciate all the feedback guys (even the golden ones). What I'm getting is that some of you are not enjoying the AC crossover event as much as you'd like because of the animus and aesthetics right?

Also bannex19, what do you wish were different about the actual game mode?

Tundra 793
12-21-2018, 02:06 AM
What I'm getting is that some of you are not enjoying the AC crossover event as much as you'd like because of the animus and aesthetics right?

Indeed. This whole event could have been a slam-dunk end of the year party, if not for the crossover elements. I'm sure a lot, if not most, For Honor players don't mind it, big chunks of the community are all about the memes and casual attitude towards the game itself.
But a few, like me, really want to see For Honor work on itself. Establish and solidify its own lore and themes, not just work in whatever memes Reddit has worked up, and crossover with other franchises.

While I have you, the Lore thread pinned to the top of the forum has been beset by spam posts over the last several months. Could you kindly see about removing them? The man who wrote it spent weeks compiling everything, and I think a lot of people appreciate the thread being kept tidy since it's full of discussions about the game and its lore from dozens of members.

bannex19
12-21-2018, 02:27 AM
I like the event mode. It actually feels like the first for honor trailer I saw. The commanders just hanging out on the side is kind of strange but I get it for pvp purposes.

As far as the AC crossover, I'm not crazy about it. I think the For Honor IP is one that can easily stand on its own with a little TLC. However, I do understand that game crossovers are nothing new and tbh it is a lot less annoying than the cowboy skeletons or the weird winter demons.

Overall I'm not mad at the event, but I'd really like to see some doubling down on the actual For Honor world. More medieval less memeval.

Tundra 793
12-21-2018, 02:29 AM
Overall I'm not mad at the event, but I'd really like to see some doubling down on the actual For Honor world. More medieval less memeval.

If you could get me drunk enough, I would get this quote as a tattoo.

mann61299
12-21-2018, 02:35 AM
I can't stand the event speech when capturing/losing zones or when breaking.

chukblok
12-21-2018, 04:14 AM
Pro list
-Game mode is a blast. I wish it were permanent.
-weapons are good. Raider is is perfect! Crude looking and NO GOLD. My new axe head for sure
-Great music
-New Spartan mask outfit is great. Effects are very cool
-The ornaments are nice.

Cons
-the new execution, while I appreciate all the work, doesn't suit any of the heroes except PK really.....it looks awkward on the bigger heroes
-The new emote is fun..especially when you see the hero pop his head out of the hay....but I've said it before, I prefer the more serious emotes
-the other new effect is not for me....my son loves it though

Overall I'm loving it. Agree with OP. The new mode is a lot of fun
I never played AC so maybe that is why the ornaments etc don't bother me. I am unfamiliar with anything AC related

DefiledDragon
12-21-2018, 04:23 AM
Now tell us how you really feel.

I'm not impressed.

chukblok
12-21-2018, 04:33 AM
Appreciate all the feedback guys (even the golden ones). What I'm getting is that some of you are not enjoying the AC crossover event as much as you'd like because of the animus and aesthetics right?

Keep this game mode after the event. Call it something different, and make some specific maps for it. It's a lot of fun. Add in some unique guardians.

Tyrjo
12-21-2018, 08:32 AM
I quite like the new event.

Ubiflowessence
12-21-2018, 10:36 PM
Thank you all for the response! :)

Kanagawa-oki
12-21-2018, 11:37 PM
I don't like at all. Boring...

chukblok
12-22-2018, 04:16 AM
I had a day off work today. Kids in school, wife at work.
Went to the gym.
played for honor 3 hours straight.
Then I madly got my list done of things my wife asked me to do just in time to get kids from bus.
Took son to hockey
put kids to bed
Played for honor another hour
Sadly realize that is it because my in-laws are staying over next 3 days.
That my friends is a good day

DoctorMcBatman
12-22-2018, 05:18 AM
Logged into the game for about 10 minutes to check this out. Mode seems fine. Nothing amazing, not bad.

But seriously, Ubisoft couldn't hire someone to do a female voice line for the new execution? Absolutely ridiculous. Why is my PK (the only Hero that the exec actually makes sense for) all of a sudden male when executing?

Gardel1890
12-22-2018, 05:28 AM
New mode is not bad, but if would not for the daily orders, I will not play it. Dont know why but players continue quiting, more than in dominion. Twice playing the whole match with 3 bots. One thing possitive, looks like the bots are a little better, but anyway, maybe people doesnt understand the rules or whatever.

Soldier_of_Dawn
12-22-2018, 06:16 AM

I like the event. I feel that this sort of thing should be done in addition to the FH lore related events each season but not with the AC theme every time, of course. Can Game of Thrones be done in the future?

However, I do have two issues with the AC event:

1) I don't like content having limited availability, especially executions and mask outfits:

Reddit thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/a894ss/petition_for_permanent_odyssey_of_the_misthios/

Ubisoft thread
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977576-Petition-for-Permanent-Odyssey-of-the-Misthios-Mask-Outfit-and-AC-Bundle

2) The voice over for the hidden blade execution is off-putting, especially with female heroes:

Reddit thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/a88v3g/feedback_on_the_ac_hidden_blade_execution/

Ubisoft thread
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1977723-Feedback-on-the-AC-Hidden-Blade-Execution

papa_joseph1
12-22-2018, 10:00 AM
Logged into the game for about 10 minutes to check this out. Mode seems fine. Nothing amazing, not bad.

But seriously, Ubisoft couldn't hire someone to do a female voice line for the new execution? Absolutely ridiculous. Why is my PK (the only Hero that the exec actually makes sense for) all of a sudden male when executing?

I've noticed that as well, I'm fairly certain this whole event is kinda half hearted as far as design goes, Ezio and the other guy are just Reskinned commanders and i'm fairly certain they are just the same meshes and textures from Brotherhood and touched them up a bit, and considering For Honor is running in the Assassins Creed engine, porting it across was super easy, as for the voice line, i'm fairly certain it's ripped stright from AC2, hence why get no female variation as as far as i can recall, you never had a female Italian assassin to play in any of the games.

It bothers me that Ezio, in game known in the end to be one of the greatest assassins to ever live, who is a master with every weapon he comes across.....swings a long sword like an 8 year old and throws grenades at his own feet because it would take too much work to make custom commander animations and attacks.

MatsumotoXIII
12-22-2018, 03:33 PM
Rly dont like this Event ... AC in FH? Rly?
I hope for something with Holidays theme.
New mask outfits disgusting - rly cent helm on Nobu? :(
Dont like aanounc. voice, only male voice in executions ... for me : completely wrong :/

SangLong524
12-23-2018, 12:24 AM
It gives me plenty of nostalgic feels! And the air assassination is much appreciated!
But that is all. The effect costs too much. If its 5k or 7.5k, i would have bought a few. Really ubi, u could use some psychological pricing here

chukblok
12-23-2018, 01:11 AM
While I really like the new mask outfit and event mode......I know a lot of people were expecting a holiday themed effect/emote or something. If there is not one coming I feel that would be a big mistake.

bannex19
12-23-2018, 06:04 AM
Honestly the holiday themed stuff feels just as campy as this cross over event. Im not sure why this is causing such an uproar. It's temporary.

RexXZ347
12-23-2018, 11:05 AM
Shugoki is funny in the new emote and execution. Imagine a shugoki jumping at you for a blade kill. But you won't feel the blade. The weight itself will already kill you. Lol.

Kargish1
12-23-2018, 12:20 PM
The AC event is actually really funny to me. I like the game mode; there's no point penalty for dying so you can fight as much as you want, and although it's a bit goofy I still think it's fun to fight alongside Ezio and Caesar.