PDA

View Full Version : a simple question

kingkirki49
02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
i would like to know how many vets are still alive to actualy play this game its like 2007 and all that was from 1939-1945 (plus other years before that growing up and such)

my grandfather fought as a foot trooper in one of the canadain regiments but he was like 75 when i was 9 (tho he died of a illnessyou can get around that age) but in general i mean like i dont really know how many airforce vets are still alive to even play this game if any one knows the answer or if any of the vets use this site i would like them to post as well if they can (i know this aint much game related but it would widen my knoladge of just how many are still out there) and if any airforce vetrans from both sides (axis and alies) would like to share there knoladge of intresting air battles they fought in (im not forcing any of the vets or anything so you dont have to if you dont want to) then you can email me at kingkirki_49@yahoo.ca that is if you use email

thanks for your time to read this if u actualy did

kingkirki49
02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
i would like to know how many vets are still alive to actualy play this game its like 2007 and all that was from 1939-1945 (plus other years before that growing up and such)

my grandfather fought as a foot trooper in one of the canadain regiments but he was like 75 when i was 9 (tho he died of a illnessyou can get around that age) but in general i mean like i dont really know how many airforce vets are still alive to even play this game if any one knows the answer or if any of the vets use this site i would like them to post as well if they can (i know this aint much game related but it would widen my knoladge of just how many are still out there) and if any airforce vetrans from both sides (axis and alies) would like to share there knoladge of intresting air battles they fought in (im not forcing any of the vets or anything so you dont have to if you dont want to) then you can email me at kingkirki_49@yahoo.ca that is if you use email

thanks for your time to read this if u actualy did

Taylortony
02-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Several of my skins for the P47 such as the "Screaming Red *** Conmmander" were produced with the help of the pilot of the said Aircraft, indeed one I did I got an out of the blue Email from the son of the pilot telling me that he had supplied his father with a copy of the game and a PC, I seem to remember so he could refly his original aircraft in game........ something in his wildest dreams he never thought would have been possible

In fact I was asked by the CO and pilot of "Screaming Red *** Conmmander" to add a rider to the effect that we should not glorify these actions........... it fine man and a fine tribute it was............

all the more and again thanks to Ferdinando for the help in producing this skin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kingkirki49
02-09-2007, 07:22 PM
i see quite intresting (i would agree too they did not even have tvs back then so id be amased on the tecnolagy if i was a vet)

kingkirki49
02-09-2007, 08:28 PM
ya the "Screaming Red *** Conmmander" was it actualy a plane nick name or a regiment fleet name?

if it was why was it called that?