PDA

View Full Version : Attention please

crazyivan1970
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
There will be no more "insert version here" bug thread folks. All bugs will be reported to pf@1c.ru with all neccessary prove, ok?

Also, please DO NOT start bugs threads here, send everything to PF@1C.RU that`s the most efficient method out there.

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. this is not something i came up with, ok? But that`s how it`s going to be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

crazyivan1970
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
There will be no more "insert version here" bug thread folks. All bugs will be reported to pf@1c.ru with all neccessary prove, ok?

Also, please DO NOT start bugs threads here, send everything to PF@1C.RU that`s the most efficient method out there.

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. this is not something i came up with, ok? But that`s how it`s going to be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Ivan,

I am just curious if you could shed some light on this. If we cannot use these forums to discuss the possibility of a bug, then we are these people supposed to do this at. I understand the need to email the information to Oleg and his team as it is the best method to get the information to them. But wouldn't it be better if we could discuss it here first before we flood the email address with a bunch of un-need emails? Many times what someone "thinks" is a bug is infact how it should be.

HotelBushranger
02-10-2006, 09:40 PM
+1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

luftluuver
02-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Yes, lets flood Oleg's mailbox with 1000s of bug reports or <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">perceived</span> bug reports.

crazyivan1970
02-10-2006, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VFS-22_SPaRX:
Ivan,

I am just curious if you could shed some light on this. If we cannot use these forums to discuss the possibility of a bug, then we are these people supposed to do this at. I understand the need to email the information to Oleg and his team as it is the best method to get the information to them. But wouldn't it be better if we could discuss it here first before we flood the email address with a bunch of un-need emails? Many times what someone "thinks" is a bug is infact how it should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It`s all pretty clear right here:

Purpose of Oleg`s Ready Room:

1) Dialog with the developer:

a) Questions regarding IL-2 series and future flight simulations.
b) Suggestions for current products and future line of products.
c) Personal questions €" but please, be reasonable

2) Bugs and possible inaccuracies reporting:

a) All bugs, such as graphical, sound, controls, AI, maps €" any show stoppers must be reported to PF@1C.RU and if you wish, added to €œinsert version here€ patch bugs sticky thread. As was pointed out many times, it is very hard to hunt down all bug related threads scattered between 4 forums, nobody is going to do it. If you want to make a difference, please do as it described above, it will be greatly appreciated.
Note: with graphical, sound, controls or any other related issues €" please include dxdiag and conf.ini, screenshot and description of the bug. If It is possible to record ntrk file, please do so. It is very important that you will include all that in the e-mail.

b)Anything questionable as far as accuracy of this simulation concerned should also be reported to pf@1c.ru with enough materials to prove it. Do not send something like €œ I feel€¦. I Think, We thought€ more likely something like this will be ignored. Feel free to discuss anything in question in this forum but same rules apply. Anything that starts with €œ I feel€¦. I Think, We thought€ will be moved to General Discussion.
Also, please do not start a thread on the same issue multiple times. Once is enough. If several planes have the same issue, please list all those planes, describe the issue and provide documents that say otherwise. There are over 200 planes in this simulation and all of them could be affected by the same problem, there is absolutely no need to start a thread for each plane, one is enough.

Now, since €œinsert version here€ patch bugs sticky thread does not exist anymore, all bugs are being reported directly to pf@1c.ru Everything else still standing.

If you think i make up things on my own just for the hell of it... you are wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Ivan,

What you posted there stated that these forums can be used to discuss Bugs and Possible Inaccuracies reporting. This is what I am asking. Are we still going to be able to do so in ORR. Reason I am asking is that you have been locking threads regarding bugs. So my question is, are we not suppose to use these forums to discuss possible bugs before we email the info off to the bug reporting address. I am just asking for clarification. That is all.

SlickStick
02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
The whole purpose is to sticky one thread and then all can see what has been found and not keep sending redundant emails of the same issues.

Ivan, sometimes you're very naive and short-sighted. Just something for you to think about. Stop, rest for a second, as you're not making sense.

crazyivan1970
02-11-2006, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Ivan, sometimes you're very naive and short-sighted. Just something for you to think about. Stop, rest for a second, as you're not making sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me? Which part of "This is not something i came up with" you did not understand? I am getting really sick and tired of you guys questioning my every move, it`s irritating. Look at the title of this room, what does it say? Olegs ready room, doesnt it? And i am just keeping it the way he wants it. So please, before question my sanity next time, stop and think for a second.

Christ.....

VFS-22_SPaRX
02-11-2006, 08:08 AM
for the love of god, I am not question you. I know this is Olegs wish. I am just asking for some clarification. Can we or can we not have discussion in there about bugs or possible bugs BEFORE we send them off to Oleg.

SlickStick
02-11-2006, 08:59 AM
So, what you are saying is there is no place to discuss bugs on these forums? LMAO! Or we can't do it in Oleg's room?!?! That makes as much sense as half of your reasons for the things you do.

BTW, where then do we discuss UBI/1C bugs in a UBI/1C game? Or is scattering bug threads all over GD more efficient than a sticky thread in your wisdom?

Sending the same emails over and over to 1C is NOT the most efficient way as you wrote and like the BS line you made up about "fishing" in the Tempest boost thread, not to mention admittedly fishing in Oleg's Ready Room, shows me you'll make-up any excuse to cover yourself.

Enthor1
02-11-2006, 09:21 AM
Wow, the level of reading comprehension around here is very suspect.

Bugs should be reported to someone who can fix them, not discussed ad nauseum here.

I think perhaps the defination of "BUG" has been diluted to the point where any real or percieved problem with the game is a "BUG", a trip through this topic forum proves it.

SlickStick, heed the reading comprehension remark above, you have attacked the messenger without actually understanding the message.
And it is an unwarrented attack which, were I a shrink, might lead me to believe there are underlying issues.

Actually, I am amazed Oleg has not just tossed some dynamite into this place long ago.

Tator_Totts
02-11-2006, 10:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SlickStick:
The whole purpose is to sticky one thread and then all can see what has been found and not keep sending redundant emails of the same issues.

Ivan, sometimes you're very naive and short-sighted. Just something for you to think about. Stop, rest for a second, as you're not making sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From a Sticky above.

Purpose of Oleg`s Ready Room:

1) Dialog with the developer:

a) Questions regarding IL-2 series and future flight simulations.
b) Suggestions for current products and future line of products.
c) Personal questions €" but please, be reasonable

2) Bugs and possible inaccuracies reporting:

a) All bugs, such as graphical, sound, controls, AI, maps €" any show stoppers must be reported to PF@1C.RU and if you wish, added to €œinsert version here€ patch bugs sticky thread. As was pointed out many times, it is very hard to hunt down all bug related threads scattered between 4 forums, nobody is going to do it. If you want to make a difference, please do as it described above, it will be greatly appreciated.
Note: with graphical, sound, controls or any other related issues €" please include dxdiag and conf.ini, screenshot and description of the bug. If It is possible to record ntrk file, please do so. It is very important that you will include all that in the e-mail.

b)Anything questionable as far as accuracy of this simulation concerned should also be reported to pf@1c.ru with enough materials to prove it. Do not send something like €œ I feel€¦. I Think, We thought€ more likely something like this will be ignored. Feel free to discuss anything in question in this forum but same rules apply. Anything that starts with €œ I feel€¦. I Think, We thought€ will be moved to General Discussion.
Also, please do not start a thread on the same issue multiple times. Once is enough. If several planes have the same issue, please list all those planes, describe the issue and provide documents that say otherwise. There are over 200 planes in this simulation and all of them could be affected by the same problem, there is absolutely no need to start a thread for each plane, one is enough.

************************************************** ************************************

Bottom line:

Anything that doesn€t meet this criteria will be moved out to general discussion or deleted.

Also, from now on - Tagert, Buzzsaw, Gibbage and Maxgunz are not allowed to participate in the threads started by Kurfurts and in the same time, Kufurst is not allowed to participate in theirs. This is new rule, I just made that up in order to keep this place somewhat sane. Too many interesting threads were locked because of you guys... and you are the ones to blame. I hope we are clear on this one.

V!
Regards,

I am with Crazyivan on this one.

SlickStick
02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tator_Totts:
"a) All bugs, such as graphical, sound, controls, AI, maps €" any show stoppers must be reported to PF@1C.RU and if you wish, added to €œinsert version here€ patch bugs sticky thread."

I am with Crazyivan on this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see your problem.

Hmmm, discussing bugs in one thread is recommended. Interesting, huh? It's more efficient to NOT keep sending the same bug reports and to be able to discuss them on the forums.

If GD is the place, then a sticky should be put there instead. Flooding 1C with redundant issues is not efficient, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself that it is.

SlickStick
02-11-2006, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Enthor1:
Wow, the level of reading comprehension around here is very suspect.

Bugs should be reported to someone who can fix them, not discussed ad nauseum here.

I think perhaps the defination of "BUG" has been diluted to the point where any real or percieved problem with the game is a "BUG", a trip through this topic forum proves it.

SlickStick, heed the reading comprehension remark above, you have attacked the messenger without actually understanding the message.
And it is an unwarrented attack which, were I a shrink, might lead me to believe there are underlying issues.

Actually, I am amazed Oleg has not just tossed some dynamite into this place long ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sound ignorant, so I shall just pass on your inane statements. Next, you'll be saying there are no bugs, right? lol

goshikisen
02-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Everyone and his uncle sending individual bug reports to 1C:Maddox Games seems to be not only inefficient but also a rather hit and miss way of getting to the root of a problem.

Isn't it better to have the community flesh out what a bug is and isn't before bothering Oleg with it?

Stafroty
02-11-2006, 11:08 AM
marketing of the new sim is starting, you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no more bull**** about last simulation to screw up marketing of the next money machine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thats whats behind it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and its not Ivans fault, or others, but Money makers who own Ubis Stocks who want money or they demand chance in the Ubi´s goverment who make the money happen, in way or other, thats at least what they are expected to do, not genoricity.

|CoB|_Spectre
02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goshikisen:
Isn't it better to have the community flesh out what a bug is and isn't before bothering Oleg with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said goshikisen. I've reported bugs to Oleg via the email before, but only after qualifying it as a bug (i.e., verified to have been experienced by others). To do otherwise is, IMHO, premature and ill advised.

SlickStick
02-11-2006, 11:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stafroty:
marketing of the new sim is starting, you know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif no more bull**** about last simulation to screw up marketing of the next money machine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thats whats behind it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif and its not Ivans fault, or others, but Money makers who own Ubis Stocks who want money or they demand chance in the Ubi´s goverment who make the money happen, in way or other, thats at least what they are expected to do, not genoricity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I would hope it's not all THAT, Stafroty. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm just trying to apply a little common sense here, as are others who understand the importance of the need for people who play this sim and know exactly how to create the situations or disprove the validity of the bug in question, to be able to openly communicate about them.

Stafroty
02-11-2006, 11:55 AM
that mail adress is gonna be Black hole http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Be Surehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif do you really think that someone really reads those thousands mails send to that?? junk mail filter is good to have, or mail adress who noone reads.

Stafroty
02-11-2006, 11:57 AM
hope is the first step to the ....

heywooood
02-11-2006, 12:34 PM
why not just do it the way they want?

Report all perceived bugs to Oleg with Dx info and settings and call it good.

Stafroty
02-11-2006, 12:51 PM
heywooood, how long would you send mails to adress which never answers your mail??

|CoB|_Spectre
02-11-2006, 04:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:
why not just do it the way they want?

Report all perceived bugs to Oleg with Dx info and settings and call it good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the point is being missed that first you need to know if it really is a bug. You've been around long enough to witness a significant number of posts in which someone was screaming "bug" that turned out to be a setting, a feature, a model, or some glitch that no one else has experienced perhaps due to a corrupt download/installation. If, after comparing notes with others, you feel you've found a bona fide bug, then by all means send a DX Diag to Oleg. Personally, I scroll through them as fast as I can to see what the next post says in search of ideas and observations rather than specifics of an individual's computer operation. That's for the tech folks, not discussions on what the game is doing to various numbers of users.

Besides, this policy is new as of this patch release. Prior to last Wednesday, the policy was to have a place to discuss such issues. Remember this, it had ten pages of discussion? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/4171093863/p/1

DuxCorvan
02-11-2006, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stafroty:
heywooood, how long would you send mails to adress which never answers your mail?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stafroty: Every time I've sent a bug report to Oleg in that adress, he has kindly answered, even when I was wrong about the bug.

Don't be mosca cojonera. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Stafroty
02-11-2006, 06:17 PM
isnt the grand dad doing to much work? or is he runnin on amfethamine? or is he truly a God with infinite powers? at least he created the world in more than 7 days, still not bad aye`?

WWMaxGunz
02-11-2006, 10:32 PM
If someone kept sending me emails saying Budweiser is better than Bass Ale, I wouldn't
reply to that one since he wouldn't know wtf he was talking about.

Stafroty
02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Mcunts, thats what you believe. maybe he could just have different taste than what you have? have you thought, ever, that maybe someone other would think different than you? and why is others always wrong inside your mind and reality picture.

WWMaxGunz
02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Could ask you the same. You ever taste Budweiser? Brew time is days, done with chemicals.
Same with all the mass-mass-produced stuff they call beer here. Garbage compared to good
but people get used to it like they can anything.

Stafroty
02-13-2006, 03:22 AM
if you responded to me MaxGunz, how can you be sure that i pointed that message to you`?? it seems that you can understand the messages eevn if the word isnt important, but only when its JUST ABOUT YOU! you thought that Mcunt meant you. you can read between lines but not always, why you stick on some words, but on some you dont? are you selective? is it impossible to understand the messagees without diggin on the words themselfs?

Stafroty
02-13-2006, 03:24 AM
and, gotta say Gunz, i am also selective, but i selected to understand that i am, so i can fix that bug, not fast, not rightaway, but thru understanding. Can you do the same?