PDA

View Full Version : Sound in IL2

superjohnny
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
When I play the game, the sound is really quietand even if I turn my speakers up to full volume its still dead quiet. Is there anything I can change in the conf.ini to boost the sound levels. I have all the dials in the options turned up to max.
This is the only game thatis like this, all my others I have to have the volm turmed down or the sound blows the house up.

And don't get me started on boonty box, what a pile of ****.

superjohnny
08-25-2006, 10:45 AM
When I play the game, the sound is really quietand even if I turn my speakers up to full volume its still dead quiet. Is there anything I can change in the conf.ini to boost the sound levels. I have all the dials in the options turned up to max.
This is the only game thatis like this, all my others I have to have the volm turmed down or the sound blows the house up.

And don't get me started on boonty box, what a pile of ****.

FoolTrottel
08-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Please check what the settings for sound are in Il2Setup.exe, do they correctly reflect your hardware?
For example, for an Audigy card:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/fooltrottel/SoundSetup-1.jpg

Also: Check wether your speaker setup in Windows correctly reflects your speakerset!
(Control Panel, Sound, Speaker Settings, Advanced)
And, if on 5.1 speakersetup, do check if all cables are connected correctly...

(If that does not help, tell us what card you are using, and what speakerset. Maybe someone can give some tuning tips.)

superjohnny
08-27-2006, 06:50 AM
All my settings are as they should be and it used to be OK.
However i now think I have discivered the problem. The other day my missus went on the computer and decided she didn't want the sound on ?? so she turned the speakers down, except she didn't she turned them to full max volume. God knows why she did this as nothing she did had any sound anyway or she would have noticed. Therefore when I next turned on the computer the windows start uo sound almost blew the windows out. I therefore convinced that the bass box has blown up as everything has really quite lifleless sound.
Women, never let them near your machine.

FoolTrottel
08-27-2006, 07:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I therefore convinced that the bass box has blown up as everything has really quite lifleless sound. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's too bad!
Is there a fuse in it?
(Doublecheck connections?)

superjohnny
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
A ha fixed it, for some reason after the missus blew it up what it actually did was wreck the software (no i've no idea how)
So dowloaded some bits from the creative site an eh voila it works again.
Bizzare

RxMan
08-29-2006, 11:27 AM
computers are like that, especially windows systems.