PDA

View Full Version : PC Matchmaking Fix

QuidProKuo
05-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Hey guys, we’ve made some server-side tweaks on our end that should drastically improve the matchmaking on the PC version of Splinter Cell Conviction. These fixes are active now and you should see better results right away. We’d appreciate it if you couldlet us know about any further matchmaking issues you may have by replying to this thread. It’s also helpful if you can take part in the poll blow to help us gauge how successful the tweak was.

roelbartstra
05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Does this include fixes for hosting a private game session?
For matchmaking itself, it still doesn't connect me within a few minutes to another player, but this might just be because no-one is matchmaking anymore...

secret777
05-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Sorry for me is the same....

EDIT: apologies!!!!!!!!!!!!for now its better thank you

EDI 2: but its lot of a lag!!!then I get disconnected http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Versus-Mroj
05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't understand how it works... It's same as before. Connection to SCC MP is successful after one, two, max three attempts, but I am not able to make private match until I restart PC!

I have public IP, very good internet connection and very good set router (WAN ping, DMZ, opened ports via Virtual server, etc., etc., ...). I can say, that I am little expert in networking. And EVERYONE is able to connect to me and play with me. Many people told me, that they can play only with me (or some other guys who have public IP and properly set router). But this is only possible after restarting computer!!!

After some successful COOP games, when I restart SCC application, it's impossible to make private match again!!! I tried EVERYTHING! Reset network adapter, clear DNS chache, reset TCP/IP protocol, everything! But even with this new update, I must always restart my computer when I want play SCC COOP as host. It is VERY annoying, because normally my computer is running 24/7 and restarting is big deal for me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Any idea from UBI network programmers what I should do to play private match again without restarting? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Xessive
05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
The first day after installing the patch I actually managed to connect. That was the only time. Since then I haven't been able to connect to any matches.

Beyond that, now even private matches don't work at all with people I used to play with on my friend list. Each time it comes back with a different error: "Unable to connect" or "Splinter Cell Conviction server is not available at this time" and occasionally "not the same version, requires title update" even though we're both on v1.02.

I conclusion, since the update I have only been able to play 1 online match which as inevitably cut short by connection problems.

secret777
05-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Now I can only say this:

Perfect!!!Everything is going so well!Thank you Ubisoft for this tweaking!

david_c888
05-11-2010, 11:57 AM
ITS GONE WORSE THIS NEW PATCH, USUALLY WHEN RECEIVE INVITES I CAN JOIN BUT NOW, WHEN I SEND INVITES THERES A CONNECTION ERROR AS WELL AS WHEN I RECEIVE INVITES THERES A CONNECTION ERROR MESSAGE !

gytamas88
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Until now I couldn't join anyone's private match (but they could join mine) but now it works fine for me so far. Only tried the find match function once today but that also worked nicely! Thx Ubisoft!

CEfraga
05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Now the matchmaking is working fine here, things really improved.

sam2000_290
05-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Still didn't work...same problem...I just use private match. Private match is actually a good thing. I am playing with people I trust and know.

Boris5134
05-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Not sure what Ubisoft is calling an "update fix" as I got a launcher update, and as far as matchmaking... its been the same since day 1. All ports forwarded and still runs the matchmaking for nearly half an hour without a single connection. Kinda sad, want to play more.

arcubilis2
05-11-2010, 10:50 PM
I'd like to report the following problems still:

1. I invert my mouse. When I quit or get booted from a multiplayer game, I have to go back into the controls menu and invert the mouse again. It always defaults back to not being inverted if I start another game. Not only this, but I also can not change the inverted setting in game. This means that if I forget to reset it or I think it's set and it turns out not to be, I have to quit the game and set it and then go back [after already waiting the usual 5-10 minutes to connect to another player, quite annoying - just let me change my controls on the fly in-game].

2. No text, no voice. WTF? In a game that essentially REQUIRES communication between players [in multi, coop]? At least let me type to someone so I can tell them my AIM or Vent or email so we can setup a way to talk in a third party program. This was a joke when I found this out. I find some good players that I want to play with that I can really never tell how to contact me in order to setup a voice connection. I can friend them, but I find that system essentially useless.

3. My multiplayer games freeze, even after the new patch. Now, the weird thing? I can not alt-tab, BUT I can clt-alt-delete. Now, guess what this does? It UNFREEZES THE GAME! I just cancel out from the ctrl-alt-delete menu back to the desktop and maximize the game [which is now paused until i continue] and I can play again. Now, it usually continues to freeze a few more times and I repeat the process until it finally lets us play without freezing [for some time]. This is simply a puzzling problem for me.

Another note about the multi-player, I've had more wait times to get in games and since the patch, it takes longer to find someone. So, I'll let you know if my in-game experience is any different.

UPDATE: First and second game so far, 20 minutes each to connect to someone, then lagged out of both within first minute [out of sync]. I only saw this once before any updates.

I was able to play a couple of games finally but it gave me problem #3 as usual a few times too many, eventually lagging me out at the very end of both of the games I was actually able to play. Of the 3 1/2 hours i was hoping to play last night, I was only able to play about a total of 1 1/2 hours.

I don't know if my partner was having the same trouble, but he also paused/continued a few times when it got laggy, maybe he was doing the same thing I was. I thought maybe it was my machine but it looks like a network issue now.

If this continues, I won't be wasting my time waiting, I'll just play something else.

My system: i7920 / Nvidia 275GTX / 1680x1050

SteroidFreud
05-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Yep, it's certainly fixed the matchmaking issue. And when I joined a game, I didn't have any lag or any disconnects or anything so all good so far.

Now I can test with my friend and see if the connection issues persist between us.

IIIIDeusIIII
05-12-2010, 12:01 AM
The game shows a low fps outdoor about - 20, inside - 30. When i installed patch 1.02 it is has got worse has reduced on 4-5 fps. What is wrong? How it to fix? And I to say more, When i want decrease the configuration of game - there no change , just a little.

My System: Win7
Intel Core2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz, ~2.7GHz.
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

The_Porkster
05-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Sadly, in my case every patch or fix so far has only made the situation worse. With the unpatched game (v 1.00) I was able to find and play 7 matches (3 through matchmaking system, 4 with friends invites). After installing patch 1.20 - zero (btw, the patch didn’t fix or improve anything, it only significantly worsened my performance). With v1.20 the matchmaking doesn’t work for me anymore, no matter how long I wait or how many connection attempts I make. Accepted invites on the other hand always result in an attempted connection and an error message ("Unable to establish connection" or something like that).

The matchmaking fix introduced yesterday didn’t change the situation in the slightest. The only difference - I received yesterday evening an invite. After accepting it I got an error message "Game version mismatch" (roughly translated, I bought the Polish version of the game).

A word of advice for Ubisoft - instead of spending time and resources inventing new ways to screw your paying customers with various variants of your DRM, put more people on developing, testing and fixing your ******* products. No wonder that people keep pirating your games like hell - with your broken, bug-ridden, content-lacking games, restrictive and annoying DRM, unresponsive customer support, constantly delayed releases (PC versions), a lack of demos for PC you give us gamers absolutely no incentive to pay for your increasingly shorter and "streamlined" titles.

l Khasim l
05-12-2010, 02:43 AM
I'm at school right now so I can't check, but does that patch attempt to resolve only the problems with matchmaking with random people, or is inviting friends for a co-op campaign supposed to be fixed too? I don't care much about matchmaking, I hate the fact that I have such problems trying to play co-op with a friend.

SteroidFreud
05-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Khasim83:
I'm at school right now so I can't check, but does that patch attempt to resolve only the problems with matchmaking with random people, or is inviting friends for a co-op campaign supposed to be fixed too? I don't care much about matchmaking, I hate the fact that I have such problems trying to play co-op with a friend.

Sadly, no. I still can't play with my friend and I'm also getting extremely frustrated with it. That's one of the main reasons I bought the damn game.

It's good, but my god it's broken.

billkouk
05-12-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi all got this email today

Hi srgtbillkouk,
You recently registered on the Splinter Cell Match website and completed our profiling form.
We are writing to you today to inform you that the matchmaking service is now available, so head over to splintercell.com/match and start finding gamers like you!

Went to splintercell.com/match it is still asking the same questions on the profiling form over & over & over again.
What is going on Ubisoft plz will you try to fix all the BUGS for Spliner Cell Conviction online & offline for all of us

GET YOU FINGER OUT PLZ UBISOFT

temetys1
05-12-2010, 05:41 AM
much bette, but still not perfect, but atleast I can play now coop

Bobrzy
05-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Personally i see no changes. Still can't play co-op and, just like the rest of the guys, i have this issue with "splintercell.com/match" test refreshing after last question. Also i think there is something wrong with stats site (wrong favorite weapon and other minor mistakes), but that i can swallow. All i care about is fixing MP in the game.

CAINE-SC
05-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Are we talking about the ingame matchmaking or http://g2w.ubi.com/splinter-cell-conviction/match/ ?

When i fill in the questions, after the last question it resets itself and shows all the questions again. So no match result.

QuidProKuo
05-12-2010, 09:42 AM
This is regarding the in-game matchmaking. However, the matchmaking website has been updated as well. We're aware some people are still having problems and the website (www.splintercell.com/match) and these issues are being checked.

Fivepast
05-12-2010, 12:24 PM
No change whatsoever at my end. Just now I sat at the "searching for any match in this game mode" message long enough to finish a chapter of my book, then quit.

DonFrederik
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
No difference on my end, once in a while I'll get a game right away, most attempts it just sits at "Searching for any match in this game mode" for an eternity.

CAINE-SC
05-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by QuidProKuo:
This is regarding the in-game matchmaking. However, the matchmaking website has been updated as well. We're aware some people are still having problems and the website (www.splintercell.com/match) and these issues are being checked.

Well, as for the in-game matchmaking, i can finish a whole book, maybe two.

Since i got this game, i managed to play only once a COOP level with someone. Further attemps have always failed.

LuxDragon
05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I've seen no real improvement.

I am getting a game or two more than usual, but it always drops because we get out of 'sync'. This happens a lot.

Beyond that, matchmaking randomly still takes forever with a little eternity mixed in.

eXpanium33
05-13-2010, 04:15 AM
It's impossible to playing like this.
Everytime i want to play without friend in my list it takes almost 5 minutes to find a partner which i can't even text with him lol.

Ubisoft make a usuful patch for this game with support for us to talk with the gamer community and can fix this searching match aka Matchmaking.

roelbartstra
05-13-2010, 04:25 AM
Why not a server browser? is that more expensive?

PC gamers are used to that + it WORKS!

Flamefighta
05-13-2010, 06:59 AM
It's even worse after the "tweaking" A few days ago I could still play with my friend in the same city. But after the tweaking we keep getting error messages that say "Connection is not responding." Just yesterday I played with this guy overseas and before we even got to start the Co-op campaign it kicked us out of the game and said "Multiplayer out of Sync." Ubisoft really needs to fix this broken matchmaking system, this is supposedly the game mode that provides the most replayability.

zeroxz2010
05-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Its a good game i have to say, but the finding matches improves a lot for me, im able to search for opponents or teammates. sadly, i can only get teammates only 2 out of 10 tries. and its been a week where i got no teammates at all...Its Kinda sad... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

FerdinandeZ
05-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Okay, me and my friend still cant play together. Playing co-op isnt possible at the moment, strange because the game is already few weeks out. I though we needed to wait a while. Now they finaly realise that there is a problem and think they have a solution for it, but as the poll works out, most of the players still cant join each other or let alone play multiplayer. How long does it take to make a working fix and why did i bought the game at all, when i only can play the game for 50%. Ubisoft iam disappointed in youre products. Hopefully you deliver better products in the future with better support and a 100% working game.

PS Assassins Creed 2, was a good product, but it didn't had multiplayer. If AC2 had multiplayer would there be so much problems as splintercell???

roelbartstra
05-13-2010, 09:59 AM
So matchmaking works for me now. The couple of times it doesn't connect is probably because no-one else is searching for a game at the moment.

Rabbit79
05-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Ubi makes "decent" games but they just don't get mp or coop? GRAW had problems on PC, RB6 is awkward at best since Lockdown. Now half the content of SCC is coop yet unplayable even 2 months after purchase thanx for wasting my time and money Ubi. This is why Craptavision and EA sell more games at least they work online.

LuxDragon
05-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, okay. Is this thread supposed to be a placebo effect or what? Either you did nothing, which means nothing happened or you did something and it's worse than before.

Either way, the MP still sucks.

RMJ1984
05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah i must admit i do understand people, a 25% refund or 50% should be made, the multiplayer just doesnt work, and yes its harsh, but again Ubisoft have made the worst multiplayer online experience, it just doesnt work.

So far 30-45min if not 60min to find a person, now when you finally get a match going 50% lags so much its unplayable, 30% of those either you or the other dude gets disconnected.

Now as you can see its a really extreme low % of games that actully works. I do not understand why you dont test your products.

The multiplayer experience has never been great or even good in any Splinter Cell, but it always shocks me, how it gets worse with each game, now mind you im talking about how it works, not the game play.

No lobby, no chat no voice? i mean seriously, how did that pass testing, how did Ubisoft expect us to communicate with the other dude? Its just shocking i really cant say more. Spend more time on your products.

If you dont wanna do it properly, stop doing multiplayer support atleast in Splinter Cell games. Because its obviously not something you enjoy or prioritize very high.

Its harder for each game not to get angry and more annoyed, as your games are really expensive, and the game have 4-5 hours single player and the coop is impossible to play.

One bright spot in all this is the game has deniable ops.

headshot1911A1
05-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by QuidProKuo:
These fixes are active now and you should see better results right away. We’d appreciate it if you couldlet us know about any further matchmaking issues you may have by replying to this thread.

It is the same.
It does not work.
It just says:
Looking for matches, widening parameters, continuing search.
And nothing else.

headshot1911A1
05-14-2010, 09:09 AM
And for the record, this :
www.splintercell.com/match (http://www.splintercell.com/match)
does not work either.
For match making, you answer the questionare to the very end, then it starts the same questionare again from the begining and repeats itself.

Hawk_0077
05-14-2010, 12:14 PM
The MP does seem to be working, but not all the time... It's pretty inconsistent. Maybe a server overload issue? It seems to block around 6-7 o'clock Eastern.

CAINE-SC
05-14-2010, 12:15 PM
So, UBI... when can we expect a fix? I'm losing my faith with UBISOFT.

Oh, and btw, playing a game in black&white all the time starts to get boring.

andrewlok
05-15-2010, 01:42 AM
This is the worst multiplayer game i ever try.... I bought this game because of the faceoff mode, but I cant even get one match started..... thats unacceptable...
everytime it just showing that looking for player, but i never know how much player is matching, no lobby , no chat, once i joined the game, i cant play more than 1min, the game start to lag and telling me that other player left. everytime the same (I am using the 100M broadband and the new IMAC).....Also the match need to queue my whole life time, facing the pc mon and make me falling asleep. I am really so angry!!!! go back and play RAINBOW SIX at least i can join the game. GO FIX IT THE PROBLEM NOW! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

M.G._7
05-15-2010, 05:12 AM
Do I need to opet ports so I can make private match? And then someone will be able to connect?

Slash_Wolf
05-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Same ****, aint working. I'm sick and tired of this.

Arius047
05-15-2010, 07:04 AM
It worked for a few days, but its exactly the same for me now. Friend invites dont work either.

zeroxz2010
05-15-2010, 08:30 AM
So am I, Still waiting
For this game works on playing....

Matchmaking really is bothering since I CANT even get a match...

eXpanium33
05-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by zeroxz2010:
So am I, Still waiting
For this game works on playing....

Matchmaking really is bothering since I CANT even get a match...

Same here, i have to try and wait 10/15 minutes to find partner for play.
I hope Ubisoft really fix that.

Boris5134
05-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Is ANYONE getting Find Match to even work? I'm still sitting here for nearly 30 minutes waiting and I still get nothing. Hole things times out and ends up crashing.

zeroxz2010
05-15-2010, 10:37 PM
2 weeks going 3 here...still not working...or to be fair...no REAL match coz when i succeed getting a match, there will be a multiplayer sync problem and the RESULT>> Fail

Nepharis
05-16-2010, 08:24 AM
for me nothing has changed... i got my ports forwarded properly, and all... but i still cannot connect to any game. Even the invite option is not always working. I was trying to connect to a friend that owns the deluxe edition (steam version), everytime he was hosting a game i couldn't connect to him (i own standard box edition). It said "connection failed". However when i was a host everything ran smoothly. btw after the patch i notieced a frame rate drop. It was working fine before but now sometimes it get's choppy... =/ will there be another patch adressing these issues?

vinyl2010
05-16-2010, 09:17 AM
We shoud all put in a complaint to our trading standards....falls advertising!!!

Tzenng
05-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Well i havent noticed any changes since 1.0 version..or rather ive had even FEWER games now after all the updating and server side fixes.

Last 5 days ive managed to get 1 ..yes ONE single multiplayer coop game going..just yesterday i had the client open and searching for 2.5hours for a game and nothing happened. That goes for every single MP mode i try..oh and inviting ppl still stinks and doesnt work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dellers
05-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Of course it should work for everyone, and thus something is not quite right with the game. But, there has to be something that make you people unable to find partners, I'm finding people all the time. At times it can take up to 2-3 minutes, but usually we're talking within 30 seconds. Just make sure ports are opened correctly, and there's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work. There's quite a lot of us who doesn't have any problems, and that's probably because everything is set up correctly.

headshot1911A1
05-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Dellers:
There's quite a lot of us who doesn't have any problems, and that's probably because everything is set up correctly.

Interesting, please tell us in detail what you consider to be 'set up correctly'.

JCee4
05-17-2010, 05:10 AM
I've always been waiting for an update to fix this. My connection and set up is fine, all my games work properly on multi player with the exception of splinter cell. I can handle a little wait whilst waiting for match maker, but the lag is unbelievable and I always lose connection in game.

Given that I bought this game for the multiplayer aspect it promotes, I feel robbed of my money. Doubt I'll ever touch the game again if its not fixed. Given I'm quite a dedicated UBI Soft fan of their games, if this is the way they return loyality of those people who are buying the game I think this will certainly be my last purchase. Very disappointed. And although I hear people who have no porblems here, everyone I actually know who has the game is sufering the same problems. Sort it out UBI, we paying money for this and we arent getting back what we are paying for. There are glitches, and then there are situations where your games dont work.... big difference.

Dellers
05-17-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by headshot1911A1:
Interesting, please tell us in detail what you consider to be 'set up correctly'.
It's hard to say what is WRONG, but I've got it working fine, setup like this: All ports forwarded and tested, UPnP on, Windows firewall off, I use Nod32 version 3.x (I don't know if antivirus programs can possibly make trouble), and have "Task upload" turned off from the advanced options menu for my Atheros L1 network device (it seems quite a number of network devices have some problems with Win7). I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate if that matters, and of course a good, stable internet connection.

Ronin-blade2005
05-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I cant believe what a shoddy product the multiplayer is. Give us proper lobbies where we can see who is playing where and their ping etc.
After about 50 attempts I have finally got to connect to a co-op game.... for about a minute before the other player lost connection. Since then I have not been able to connect again.
I bought this game mainly for the co-op but it is a complete let down. Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a broken, untested product and treating PC owners like second class gamers.
I do hope that they will improve this game as it does have potential but in it's current form it is a bit of a failure.

Dalek223
05-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Cant connect to friend, connection error. SOULUTION? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Heliosicle
05-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I'm guessing Ubi are just going to let this go and hope we all forget about it, I'll make sure not to buy any more ubi games, if this is the support they show their customers.

Slash_Wolf
05-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Heliosicle:
I'm guessing Ubi are just going to let this go and hope we all forget about it, I'll make sure not to buy any more ubi games, if this is the support they show their customers.

I fully understand and totally agree. Ubisoft, you have disappointed us for the last time, we're sick of it and if you guys dont give a **** about us, dont even bother making new games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

headshot1911A1
05-22-2010, 09:03 AM
So I decided to give it another try.
I let match maker continue to search for approximately 15 minutes.
Finally connected for the first time!!OMG
Viewed the first cutscene sequence for CO-OP.
Saw Kestrel and Archer jumping over a fence and then..
Dialog box:
Connection to the player has been lost.
HAHA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
And yes, I do have a good internet connection.

tmwttblk
05-24-2010, 08:03 AM
well, it used to take forever to get a successful matchmaking, now its like half an hour or more. if you call that improvement, well that is

agrashh
05-24-2010, 11:25 AM
It didn't worked here as well.
I first tried creating a match and waiting but nobody came and he couldn't find a joinable game either

So I tried inviting a friend but we couldn't connect and vice versa.

Both versions patched. His internet was 50mb while mine is 30mb so we both have a decent connection

Racsiii.Elda
05-26-2010, 03:59 PM
So Ubisoft I bought Splinter cell to a PC but it is working on a minimum requiements and every 2 minutes the game was changed to a sky or black screen I don´t want this game if it really gonna do next 2 days if it I give the CD back to the shop.I'm disappointed in you.Sorry for the bad words so reply.

kleaneasy
05-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Racsi10:
So Ubisoft I bought Splinter cell to a PC but it is working on a minimum requiements and every 2 minutes the game was changed to a sky or black screen I don´t want this game if it really gonna do next 2 days if it I give the CD back to the shop.I'm disappointed in you.Sorry for the bad words so reply.

If you're seeking assistance with a game issue please search an appropriate thread or create a new one. Posting in a thread not on the topic of your issue will not get the assistance you seek http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

proohu01
05-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by agrashh:
It didn't worked here as well.
I first tried creating a match and waiting but nobody came and he couldn't find a joinable game either

So I tried inviting a friend but we couldn't connect and vice versa.

Both versions patched. His internet was 50mb while mine is 30mb so we both have a decent connection

Same problem here! Have been unable to connect with my friends for several evenings now.

I would like for Ubisoft to fix this as I did my part by paying for this game in the first place.

defqon.
05-31-2010, 09:09 AM
still cant find one single game for MP in anny mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

why not just gife us a lobby sever browser http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

h2jonesx2
05-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Me too, cannot find any games with matchmaking, have not been able to play at all online.

ForceReconNeo
05-31-2010, 07:21 PM
Can we stop using this sticky and use the Actual FIX, which involves using 3rd party VPN apps to connect? The precedent is there.

lemon_pips
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
What I can't understand is how I have absolutely no problem setting up private coop games in rainbow six: vegas, ghost recons, borderlands, left 4 dead 1 and 2, but I can't for the life of me do it in a brand new blockbuster game from a major publisher....wtf is this?

tgies
06-01-2010, 01:16 AM
I had problems with this until I forwarded the ports the game uses on my NAT router. Bam, now I get a match in 30 seconds every time. I guess some people aren't used to having to do that b/c most games these days negotiate NAT traversal automatically with UPnP but it used to be the norm.

TxTASOSxT
06-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Neither me nor a friend of mine can host a game. When I use the matchmaking I wont find any match, and if I do I won't be the host (it works like 1 time out of 10 tries). I've tried to host a game from 3 diferent PCs with 3 diferent operating systems (XP,Vista,7) and with 3 diferent internet providers, it's just not working. Neither before the "fix" nor after.

re4per1990
06-03-2010, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by defqon.:
still cant find one single game for MP in anny mode http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

why not just gife us a lobby sever browser http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif Y/ES THIS WOULD FIX ALL PROBLEMS FOR UBI BUT NO THEY DONT WANT TO FIX IT

lazy1337genius
06-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Pawel_Czarnecki:
Sadly, in my case every patch or fix so far has only made the situation worse. With the unpatched game (v 1.00) I was able to find and play 7 matches (3 through matchmaking system, 4 with friends invites). After installing patch 1.20 - zero (btw, the patch didn’t fix or improve anything, it only significantly worsened my performance). With v1.20 the matchmaking doesn’t work for me anymore, no matter how long I wait or how many connection attempts I make. Accepted invites on the other hand always result in an attempted connection and an error message ("Unable to establish connection" or something like that).

The matchmaking fix introduced yesterday didn’t change the situation in the slightest. The only difference - I received yesterday evening an invite. After accepting it I got an error message "Game version mismatch" (roughly translated, I bought the Polish version of the game).

A word of advice for Ubisoft - instead of spending time and resources inventing new ways to screw your paying customers with various variants of your DRM, put more people on developing, testing and fixing your ******* products. No wonder that people keep pirating your games like hell - with your broken, bug-ridden, content-lacking games, restrictive and annoying DRM, unresponsive customer support, constantly delayed releases (PC versions), a lack of demos for PC you give us gamers absolutely no incentive to pay for your increasingly shorter and "streamlined" titles.

how can i get v1.00?

Malaika_Thanda
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM
since the most recent patch the co-op matchmaker has crashed on me but it only started today after i was able to get into a few matches.

Molekulix
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd like to imply all kids of rude expressions to your matchmaking system, but I'm afraid to be banned because of censorship. Simply add ingame chat and server browsing menu. And fix stability of your server. Thats all that people want, stop inventing the tricycle and simplify it for good!

felanoma
06-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Molekulix:
I'd like to imply all kids of rude expressions to your matchmaking system, but I'm afraid to be banned because of censorship. Simply add ingame chat and server browsing menu. And fix stability of your server. Thats all that people want, stop inventing the tricycle and simplify it for good!
Hi!
Agree!
We need a lobby, is that so hard!?

Cheers!

Oliver_Reed
06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
I have had this game on my pc since 1st May.

I must have tried every other day to join a multiplay game - it never happened.

NEVER.

The multiplayer experience is a total failure.

EP3nquin
06-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Oliver, have you tried to connect to a user from your friends list? If not you can ad me to your friends list (same name as my forum name) I am normal on between 1700 and 2200 MST (5-10M MST)
you can also find me on steam,xfire, and Dolby Axon( though I am not on here as much) as Evilp3nquin.

http://steamcard.com/do/original/Evilp3nquin.png

headshot1911A1
06-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Oliver_Reed:
I have had this game on my pc since 1st May.

I must have tried every other day to join a multiplay game - it never happened.

NEVER.

The multiplayer experience is a total failure.

Indeed it is.

I was hoping they would have fixed this multiplayer game by now with a patch, but obviously I was wrong.
If they havent done it by now, the chances of them bothering to do so in the future are unlikely.
So its either use 'tunngle' or forget about it.

Krollapse
06-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Pawel_Czarnecki:

Calm down, you have a couple problems, whearas this has fixed problems for most of the people in this thread (I'm on page 1 FYI), it's impossible for them to test it on every single rig, network settings, connections, operating system, and in general every single hardware configuration, it's not their fault it doesn't work on your specific rig, as it works absolutely fine on mine, never had a problem that wasn't due to logical reasons, such as nobody being on period, never had any glitches or bugs, nothing.

As for delays, you would bash ubisoft for delaying a game 2-3 years but wouldn't matter if valve delayed 20 decades for half life 3.

Seriously, calm down, it's a game, if you don't like it or it doesn't work, play something that does, go outside, whatever, it's not the end of the world.

EDIT: What the hell is with you people and tunngle? It's a piracy tool for pirates, it won't solve anything as nobody uses it with a legal game or has the same version because the pirates don't update their games, so it's not going to work either way.

Is 2\3rds of this forum people without logic, or just pirates?

Tzenng
06-14-2010, 09:57 AM
First a reply to username22 ..tunngle is for pirates youre absolutely right about that. However what would you suggest i do after purchasing a full price game following all the right points to make online gaming work including all the ports and the firewall settings and virus program settings and checking 10 times in every possible program that everything is open for use and STILL be lucky to get 1 match a week through matchmaking. What would you suggest the thousands of us having this exact problem do...Tunngle thats what we do and i find it so incredibly SAD that we have to lower us down to a product pirates use to be able to play our legal copies of a great game.

(even with tunngle im lucky to get a match cuz even that almost never works for me and yes they have the newest patches the pirates too.) '

And you ask one of the posters to calm down because they cannot make the game work on every possible rig ..have you even read all the problems ppl have with this game? i have the last 10 years probably bought hundreds of PC games (YES i support buying ..screw the pirates) and i cannot come up with a single game that has not worked on all my computers flawlessly with a maximum of having to update drivers.

And saying..if it doesnt work play something that does. well my friend we are all not wealthy people who can pay 40£ for a game just to have it stand in the shelf all shiny and new..

The whole issue here is a developer delivering a game that shouldnt have even passed the multiplayer ALPHA test. they should rather have removed the online option and offered it as a DLC pack when they could actually make it work.

braiog
06-20-2010, 05:10 PM
I got the game for $22 shipped (never in my wildest dreams was I going to pay $60 for this) and I'm glad I only paid what I did.

Multiplayer simply doesn't exist with this game, as cool as it would be if it worked. I had 2 connects in the 50+ attempts. 1 connected and I had 1 frame per second, quickly disconnecting.

And another we played for 1 minute before I got an "out of sync" error from the game.

Unfathomably miserable multiplayer experience. Ubisoft should really be ashamed. No matter what steps it took forward in the right direction, if you can't play the game, it was all for not.

strelok0017
06-22-2010, 04:35 AM
I had bad luck too. Every time I attempt to connect I have to wait for really long to find another player. Usually about 20 min. Only once I completed CO-OP story with someone and gone for another and found player within 5 min (guess I got very lucky). I had couple of last stand matches too and 1 infiltration. Also, last couple of days I was trying to access extras-exclusive content cause I look every day to see if something new came but all I got was "SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION server is not availible at this time. Please try again later." message. Anyone else having same problems?

To UBISOFT - game is great but I wouldn't mind couple more months of waiting if that would gurantee 100% working multiplayer. Please remember that when making Splinter Cell 6. Thanks.

Tomperd
06-24-2010, 10:49 AM
Yup, multiplayer connectivity sucks big time.

1) Finding another player always makes the game look for one for about 10 minutes or so. Once, the other player... well let's say I've had better co-op matches. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Conclusion: FAIL.

2) As for the Matchmaking: I can not believe that a big company like Ubisoft who most likely has it's own webdevelopment/webdesigning team can't even make a simple app. The game was released 2.5 months ago and they couldn't even fix a simple website. It keeps reloading the 15 questions over and over. Did these guys get payed or what? They should be ashamed of themselves. Conclusion: FAIL.

braiog
06-24-2010, 11:09 AM
What does having an in-house web development team have to do with the code behind matchmaking?

They're 2 different professions entirely.

I think Ubisoft has held onto it's tired, old and defeated method of Multiplayer consistently through the last decade, never understanding that they need to trim the fat from this area.

They have great artists, modelers, level designers, etc. But whomever they have doing their multiplayer really needs to find a different area of expertise, because for a game to have these types of problems with just 2 players....

We can easily see Ubi thought a console-eque match-making system would be sufficient on PC, when PC has had more tried and true support with Dedicated Servers and Clients.

But Ubisoft seems adamant that matchmaking should work fine on PC. I've seen developers who can do a 6v6 matchmaking and have reliable connections and networking, so there really is no excuse Ubi has as to why they can't make this work.

crevlthe
06-29-2010, 06:33 AM
so basically the only reliable method (really) is having a friend coming over and playing LAN with you?

kinda defeats the entire purpose of matchmaking.

crevlthe.

Max_Salnikov
06-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Can't join my mate's game in Private Match using the Matchmaking feature (keep getting Unavailable Connection error).

Can't join when using TUNNGLE due to receiving the same error (although I can see his games while he can't see mine).

Can apparently find random people's matches, though, but that's not really good enough. I sincerely hope that they would fix this.

SOFBlade
06-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Well spent all evening trying to play coop with my bud but to no avail... Worked great the other night after a couple of trys but no go tonight... Keeps telling me that the Splinter Cell Server is unavailable... I got the game from Steam so I know it's up to date.... Does Ubi only allow sop many people to play on the server?? Is that the problem?? We need to be able to use ip to ip again to bypass this feeble attempt for server control or make more servers!

sofbear
07-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I too am sorely disappointed in multiplayer connectivity in this game. Have a close friend with whom I've been playing coop games for years. So few games offer it (thought it's getting better at least in theory). We've been able to play one coop story scene and one coop hunter map. That's after at least 50 efforts at trying. What's so frusting is this game is really alot of fun to play coop. Frankly, I was looking at buying the add on map pack for a 10 buck pop but now I've held off because I can't even play the maps that came with the game. A huge marketing issue I think but there you have it. Great game (I enjoyed the SP but that takes you only so far) awesome coop game, but only when it works and it rarely does.

Busker2012
07-04-2010, 03:58 PM
I get the same issues in game. friends list never connects. Can't find any coop games. Nothing happens when i create my own. Done the usual, turned firewall off opened the suggested ports. Also im bemused why they haven't fixed the matchmaker on the web site. Just loops round back to the start. I've tried it in firefox, chrome and explorer. Other people have reported the same issue so it obviously doesn't work. why have they not fixed it or at least taken it off the website? All disappointing and odd that they would release a game with the multiplayer in this state. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Sty1es
09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
disgrace.

no other word for it.

i hope people are getting fired.

if i had these results where i worked i would not have my desk monday morning.

jaramill
09-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Busker2012:
Also im bemused why they haven't fixed the matchmaker on the web site. Just loops round back to the start. I've tried it in firefox, chrome and explorer. Other people have reported the same issue so it obviously doesn't work. why have they not fixed it or at least taken it off the website? All disappointing and odd that they would release a game with the multiplayer in this state. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif
Oh thank you for posting this as I thought I was going crazy! The matchmaking doesn't work on the web and when trying to find other players, I get nothing. Not good from Ubisoft.

Xanatos2007
09-23-2010, 02:11 AM
I tried to do the co-op story today but whenever I find a match the game always lags drastically and I lose synch with the other person quickly (I still haven't even made it inside the building of the 1st mission yet). I know it's not a problem on my end, since I can do the single player just fine and can still play MW2 multiplayer. Is it just the other people's connection or is it something on Ubi's end?

TurbanSenpai
10-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Yea its been the same crappy online service for all ubisoft games

you guys need to stop being lazy and keep patching

PollynatorDead
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Matchmaking is still completely broken.

This really is completely unacceptable. I have done loads of reading online trying to resolve the issue but there is almost zero response from UbiSoft.
As a software develeoper myself its shameful that they release a completely broken product and then completely ignore the users.

To explain my issues.
I bought this game on Steam as part of a bundle to play with friends.
I can't even create a private match!?!? I get the "Failed to create a match" error message.
WTF, what is up with this. I am assuming that your matchmaking servers are down/bugged/fail/useless.

How am I supposed to play online if none of your online services work?

The thing that urks me most is that the pirates have better access to play online then the legitimate players as they can tunnel and use the LAN facility. Why is it that you punish your paying customers?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please assist your customers buy fixing your completely broken matchmaking system

DrBlastBeat
12-28-2010, 05:45 AM
I bought the game via Steam. Matchmaking doesn't workhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif when i answer all the 15 questions the site drops me back to the first question but sometimes i see something different that's perhaps the players but just for a few miliseconds. I tried it with Mozilla and Internet Explorer too. Please helphttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif i want to play multi nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

kalenath
12-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Why would they? It isn't Ubisoft's problem now. We bought their game, they couldn't care less about us now.

Dalinmane
01-12-2011, 08:08 AM
where can i find those server-side tweaks?

SOFBlade
01-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by username22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pawel_Czarnecki:

Calm down, you have a couple problems, whearas this has fixed problems for most of the people in this thread (I'm on page 1 FYI), it's impossible for them to test it on every single rig, network settings, connections, operating system, and in general every single hardware configuration, it's not their fault it doesn't work on your specific rig, as it works absolutely fine on mine, never had a problem that wasn't due to logical reasons, such as nobody being on period, never had any glitches or bugs, nothing.

As for delays, you would bash ubisoft for delaying a game 2-3 years but wouldn't matter if valve delayed 20 decades for half life 3.

Seriously, calm down, it's a game, if you don't like it or it doesn't work, play something that does, go outside, whatever, it's not the end of the world.

EDIT: What the hell is with you people and tunngle? It's a piracy tool for pirates, it won't solve anything as nobody uses it with a legal game or has the same version because the pirates don't update their games, so it's not going to work either way.

Is 2\3rds of this forum people without logic, or just pirates? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not a pirate!! The only way me and my chum can play together is to use tunngle! PERIOD! We get on Teamspeak and hook up in the Conviction room and good to go! Our routers are in DMZ mode so that is not the problem. If I only knew why we can't connect to the Ubisoft sever (we both own LEGIT copies) that would be sweet!
BTW we are not kids, I am 46 yrs old and he is 50... If that means anything... ;-)

sam2000_290
01-13-2011, 09:14 PM
I am not a pirate!! The only way me and my chum can play together is to use tunngle! PERIOD! We get on Teamspeak and hook up in the Conviction room and good to go! Our routers are in DMZ mode so that is not the problem. If I only knew why we can't connect to the Ubisoft sever (we both own LEGIT copies) that would be sweet!
BTW we are not kids, I am 46 yrs old and he is 50... If that means anything... ;-)

I don't think you are a pirate. You are an adult or middle-aged and can afford to buy the game. So your age does mean something.

I don't usually see adults or middle-age adults play games. Usually, they have a family to take care off. I cannot imagine people like you playing, no offense.

SOFBlade
01-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by sam2000_290:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am not a pirate!! The only way me and my chum can play together is to use tunngle! PERIOD! We get on Teamspeak and hook up in the Conviction room and good to go! Our routers are in DMZ mode so that is not the problem. If I only knew why we can't connect to the Ubisoft sever (we both own LEGIT copies) that would be sweet!

I don't think you are a pirate. You are an adult or middle-aged and can afford to buy the game. So your age does mean something.

I don't usually see adults or middle-age adults play games. Usually, they have a family to take care off. I cannot imagine people like you playing, no offense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL none taken man! Been playing games ever since Pong came out (google that!)!

sam2000_290
01-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SOFBlade:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sam2000_290:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am not a pirate!! The only way me and my chum can play together is to use tunngle! PERIOD! We get on Teamspeak and hook up in the Conviction room and good to go! Our routers are in DMZ mode so that is not the problem. If I only knew why we can't connect to the Ubisoft sever (we both own LEGIT copies) that would be sweet!

I don't usually see adults or middle-age adults play games. Usually, they have a family to take care off. I cannot imagine people like you playing, no offense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL none taken man! Been playing games ever since Pong came out (google that!)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have heard of pong before!

SOFBlade
01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Ya man, Pong was the shizzle back then! I hounded my Ol' man for that game! He eventually bought it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

DCAustin007
01-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm a release-day customer of SC:C, and after reading all the hype about Tunngle, I tried it, (knowing these types of programs are perfectly safe to use), and I have to agree, it really is simple to connect and play. I'd rather not use it, but lately it's very tempting to go back to it.
I do look forward to the next SC game, however.

Nijat47
03-05-2012, 12:58 PM
my problem is searches takes so long like ages