PDA

View Full Version : What I need to see with this game if I am to buy it.

ST2_Pootin
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I have been playing GR since the day the original was released. I still occasionally play the originally GR as there are still servers avaiable and people playing. It still has a cult following and i will list some of the reasons as the titles after the original although decent always seemed to miss the spirit of the game. I am a PC gamer only. Consuls are for kids...

1. Ease of setting up a server.
2. The in between map trash talk and not having to earn your weapons. The gui was awesome
3. The game speed.
4. ease of modding maps
5. Spawn killing. If you can work into someones spawn you deserve to mop the floor with them
6. Being able to set amount of spawns and choice on server side between random and fixed
7. Siege
8. lean and prone
9. lots of explosives to take care of campers. People camp get used to it and quit whining. But the originally GR you could root them out.
10. Tank and MBC (if either of those maps where in there i will buy it on the spot even if it doesnt go with the story line)
11. The way the maps all seemed to have a few tactical points where you had to control them to win. Example: Tank had the middle cliffs where you could see into the spawns and control the ins and outs causing masive battles for postion. Polling had the central courtyard and the street leading in.
12. Dont need to upgrade everything to play. Good graphics but keep it resonable so people with a decent rig can play.
13. THE LIMP.....

Honestly with all the fps's out there and the fact i am in love with BF BC2 at the moment what I am looking for is a recreation of the original with better maps and graphics. Tha balance of the game was unreal. If i dont get it I may pass this one by. With the original i actually bought 2 copys as i played it so long the originally disks stopped working... That is the sign of a great game.Get it right guys. This is the game that got me into gaming to begin with. I will list more as i remember them.

Ps. UBI also has to remember that when someone logs in wearing tags they are usually talking for more than 1 buyer....

ST2_Pootin
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I have been playing GR since the day the original was released. I still occasionally play the originally GR as there are still servers avaiable and people playing. It still has a cult following and i will list some of the reasons as the titles after the original although decent always seemed to miss the spirit of the game. I am a PC gamer only. Consuls are for kids...

1. Ease of setting up a server.
2. The in between map trash talk and not having to earn your weapons. The gui was awesome
3. The game speed.
4. ease of modding maps
5. Spawn killing. If you can work into someones spawn you deserve to mop the floor with them
6. Being able to set amount of spawns and choice on server side between random and fixed
7. Siege
8. lean and prone
9. lots of explosives to take care of campers. People camp get used to it and quit whining. But the originally GR you could root them out.
10. Tank and MBC (if either of those maps where in there i will buy it on the spot even if it doesnt go with the story line)
11. The way the maps all seemed to have a few tactical points where you had to control them to win. Example: Tank had the middle cliffs where you could see into the spawns and control the ins and outs causing masive battles for postion. Polling had the central courtyard and the street leading in.
12. Dont need to upgrade everything to play. Good graphics but keep it resonable so people with a decent rig can play.
13. THE LIMP.....

Honestly with all the fps's out there and the fact i am in love with BF BC2 at the moment what I am looking for is a recreation of the original with better maps and graphics. Tha balance of the game was unreal. If i dont get it I may pass this one by. With the original i actually bought 2 copys as i played it so long the originally disks stopped working... That is the sign of a great game.Get it right guys. This is the game that got me into gaming to begin with. I will list more as i remember them.

Ps. UBI also has to remember that when someone logs in wearing tags they are usually talking for more than 1 buyer....

MiNeRvA.
02-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Consoles arent age regulated, anyone can and will play on a console.

Please refrain from insulting other members.

Re your notes:

5. Spawn Killing, anyone who is anyone as far as I am concerned played LMS with NO respawns. You dont have the worry of spawn killing if you dont have spawns!

On top of that if the only way you can beat someone is to spawn kill then you need to reevaluate your technique!

9. People camp thats very true. But you choose who to play against and choose the type of game you want to play. If someone decides to play a different game type in your room they deserve a big fat boot whether "people camp" or not.

So in response to your "People camp get used to it and quit whining" I wont whine, but I will boot your butt! Hope you dont whine about it afterwards http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

10. If you want GR1 why not just play it? If the exact same map is on this one I will be sorely disappointed! I do hope they manage to match its playability on the other hand!

Dirtymurph
02-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Lol nice reply MiNeRvA.

ST2_Pootin
02-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Stating an opinion is not insulting other members. Especially since statistically it is true.

Making an inference that the only way someone can win a game is by spawn killing is insulting especially since you have never played with me. Must be nice to be the moderator and be able to pick and choose what you think is insulting. As a representative of UBI I would of expected better.
Guess what... I'm your target audience. Games owned and played:
GR - GRAW - Call of Duty - Call of Duty 4 - COD WAW - BattleField Bad Company 2 - Left 4 Dead - Left 4 Dead 2... Notice the pattern? Not good to insult your target audience.

You may as well lock the thread up now.....

Dirtymurph
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Reading comprehension FTL.

MiNeRvA.
03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
Pootin please refer to private topic

Burawura00
03-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Wow, this is not good. A fan of the GR series posts his hopes for FS and the moderator of the official UBI boards flames his post...

Lighten up, Minerva.

For the record, I agree with the spirit of Pootin's post. I want to see the original Ghost Recon, updated with better graphics, physics, and sound. I don't care about scifi tech like cloaking devices, or hero characters like Scott Mitchell, or "rambo" MW2-style gameplay (F-16 on legs? please.), and I know I speak for the GR community when I say this. (check out this thread over at gr.net: http://www.ghostrecon.net/foru....php?showtopic=51312 (http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=51312))
New features and maps would be icing on the cake, but you guys need to stick with the core gameplay instead of trying to copycat the popular action games. Ghost Recon is not an action game and never will be!

UBI has demonstrated again and again with the Advanced Warfighter series that, when left to their own devices, they fail to create a true sequel to the game that captured the hearts of the true fans and made the franchise what it is today. RSE better be driving this one; an MW2/BFBC2 clone is going to fail miserably.

MiNeRvA.
03-01-2010, 12:40 PM
I wasn't flaming I was disagreeing, it's a completely different thing altogether!

I do not agree that people have to "quit whining" because someone plays a different way than you like.

I dont agree that "Consoles are for kids" as posted in the original post. Above all else this is a blatent insult to a large group on these forums and is not permitted.

I dont agree that if you dont want to play with campers that you have to.

I also dont want another GR1, I want a new, improved game which is solely based on GR1 yes, but I dont want GR1 with better graphics but the same maps.

I am entitled to my opinion's on the game moderator or not! I am also an OGR player and community member. Not just a moderator here!

REMORSELESS
03-01-2010, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MiNeRvA.:
I wasn't flaming I was disagreeing, it's a completely different thing altogether!

I do not agree that people have to "quit whining" because someone plays a different way than you like.

I dont agree that "Consoles are for kids" as posted in the original post. Above all else this is a blatent insult to a large group on these forums and is not permitted.

I dont agree that if you dont want to play with campers that you have to.

I also dont want another GR1, I want a new, improved game which is solely based on GR1 yes, but I dont want GR1 with better graphics but the same maps.

I am entitled to my opinion's on the game moderator or not! I am also an OGR player and community member. Not just a moderator here! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't say that console players are a large group on the PC forums.

kleaneasy
03-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Ok guys enoughs enough, any post insulting anyone for any reason be it choice of platform or game etc will be removed, its against the rules and not permitted as you all know very well.

Now back on topic, if you wish to discuss this further contact me in PT

ST2_Pootin
03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Content Removed: Trash talking may go on elsewhere but is not permitted in these boards, and as already explained in detail such posting on these boards will result in a suspension</span>

rat0a
03-02-2010, 02:07 PM
10. If you want GR1 why not just play it? If the exact same map is on this one I will be sorely disappointed! I do hope they manage to match its playability on the other hand!

because he asked for a new GR game with the core gameplay the HE enjoy perhaps? btw He never ask for the same maps you are jumping into conclusions

MiNeRvA.
03-02-2010, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atoa:

because he asked for a new GR game with the core gameplay the HE enjoy perhaps? btw He never ask for the same maps you are jumping into conclusions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ST2_Pootin:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he did say he wanted the same maps. I was not jumping to conclusions.

Is there a specific reason that some people seem to have it in for me? I am entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else.

rat0a
03-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Yes you can have your own opinion I tought you was a regular user and not a mod till know

You need to chill a little bit or you gonna pop a vein very soon

kleaneasy
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Atoa:
because he asked for a new GR game with the core gameplay the HE enjoy perhaps? btw He never ask for the same maps you are jumping into conclusions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With respect his post clearly stated a request to see repeats of maps, going as far as to name one so no one on the mod team jumped to any conclusions. However in diving in head first without first reading and fully understanding the discussion between two members (one just happens to be a mod) you did jump to conclusions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Beyond that may I remind you and others here if anyone has concerns over the forum moderation or management you contact me in PT, as Iíve said before moderators are welcome to post their game opinions as much as the next member so long as its within the rules. If youíve any genuine concern over how thatís done the forum is NOT the place to discuss it.

Now with that in mind letís see this thread on topic please, any ongoing arguments about how members post their opinions within this thread will see posts removed and members under warning/ suspension.

ST2_Pootin
03-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Actually i did not say i wanted the same maps. I listed my 2 favorites and said if either of them where in there I would but the game in a second. I did not say i wanted a complete remake of all maps.

ST2_Pootin
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Sorry for the double post. I agree moderators can post their opinion but why is it when someone disagrees management gets involved and posts get deleted? Not a very good start to this community especially since this is all philosophical at this point.

MiNeRvA.
03-04-2010, 12:57 AM
<span class="ev_code_red">You have been asked twice by the Forum Manager to get this thread back on topic since you insist on ignoring this the thread will now have to be locked.

Once again, If you have a problem with a member, moderator or manager please use the Private Topic facility and report it.</span>