PDA

View Full Version : Enemy at respawn point.

ProtoSoul9
12-15-2018, 12:49 AM
This doesn't even need to be thought about, it just needs to be done!
If the enemy stays to close to the opposing teams respawn point, they should start losing health.
Having all 4 of them sat outside you respawn point is ridiculous.

Vendelkin
12-15-2018, 01:09 AM
I literally have a thread up about this where i've started discussing some other possible changes or things that need to be done.
Go respond there so the thread gets bigger and we can group all responses in one place for UBI to see.
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1971779-Breach-spawn-point-ganking

MrB3NX
12-15-2018, 01:17 AM
I don't see a problem

if your base is surrounded by enemies then wait and respawn all at once and then will be 4vs4 brawl

where is the issue ?

if you your team can't kill them fairly then you've already lost the match and it's because your team is weak and not because the foes used a trick

get gud .

Vendelkin
12-15-2018, 01:38 AM
I don't see a problem

if your base is surrounded by enemies then wait and respawn all at once and then will be 4vs4 brawl

where is the issue ?

if you your team can't kill them fairly then you've already lost the match and it's because your team is weak and not because the foes used a trick

get gud .

I have such a hard time with your beligerance here cause this is definitely a real issue.

True, you should get gud, you are already outmatched by the enemy yes, BUT this is one of the few cases when quitting is near validated in my opinion because I've had this happen to me (the most cancerous one was a PK, Glad, and two shaolin team) and literally wanted to concede the match, but no I now have to wait and just repeatedly attempt to get ganked/ break free to go accomplish anything else. (I was playing aramusha, and In case you dont kknow good PKs and Glads are a hard counter to us and shaolins just suck for anyone.) I mean literally stuck in one place dieing like 4 times on repeat with only occasional kills but them all ressing eachother so we cant stop them like they can us (when spawn camping defenders they have the advantage with ledges)

This is not a Git Gud scenario, this is absolutely a balancing issue for the game mode. Anyone knows spawns should be safe and have multiple paths/exits from the spawn locations to enable mobility for the attacking team. this is seen in almost every other existing similar progression based 4v4 game.

There are a few attacker spawn points that can be camped by playes who have minion health gains and they can literally wipe all minions and keep 4 attackers essentially stuck there the whole time while the ram is also completely immobilized because of their positioning. While on the other hand most defender spawn points allow multiple exits or a drop attack advantage. In short whether spawn camping should be viable or not it's currently balanced unfairly in favor of the defensive side.

Furthermore yeah if you are getting spawn camped hard normally the match is already lost, but sometimes it's the spawn camp that breaks what was a balanced match into just a completely unfair one. (ive seen spawn campers in phase 3 too that literally are hitting you before you even see your own character because you spawn in the middle of the entry gate right onto the playing field. this in particular shouldn't happen)

"if you your team can't kill them fairly then you've already lost the match and it's because your team is weak and not because the foes used a trick "
I disagree with the second part of this phase. It is true if you reach this point OFTEN (not always) you were likely going to lose the match anyways, but there is an absolute exploit the foes are using. and thats the defenders map control that occurs while spawn camping on certain phases and maps.

This isn't even a debate. stop being troll like here and think about it from a simple balance perspective. Spawn points are unfairly placed for the attackers. thats just a plain and simple fact when they are compared to the placement of the defenders spawn points. I Have NEVER had a problem with spawn camping as a defender even on a losing match. But Spawn camping is a CONSISTENT problem for attackers, especially when the ram is literally right next to the spawn point at the beginning of phase 2 so the enemies only objective is to stay there. they block you from going to any other objective by just sitting right there on top of the attacker spawn.

Also like said if you've already lost the match it is extremely frustrating to just repeatedly feed the enemy experience while fighting back for 10 minutes straight while waiting for your ram to slowly die (cause were getting rezzes too so it just turns into an eternal struggle while they have the advantage cause the rams dieing) In this last situation I described the two teams are actually kinda evenly matched, BUT simply by merit of the poor location of the attacker spawn point, and the capturable zones starting defender controlled, the defenders are able to control the entire field and completely immobilize the ram by staying in one place. Attackers can never stay in one place and have control of the field.

Vendelkin
12-15-2018, 01:46 AM
Since this one now already has more notice then mine ill add some of the things said by others in my thread and myself:

There should be.

-varied spawns for attackers.

-No spawns that lock a player into one direction of movement.

-Some spawns that have advantages such as drop ledges.

-no spawn points in close proximity to minion spawns EXCEPT for the defender spawn in phase 3 decently near the commander for obvious reasons

It got through testing because the devs did a survey, got the results and promptly deleted them. It goes against common sense to to think the attackers should spawn in one zone when they are attacking a fortress, defenders I could see limiting spawn points. In breach however, attackers should have multiple spawn points because they should have the advantage of mobility.

Also if anyone plays breach and thinks its balanced... Wut? I mean it's not awful but with the cauldron fixes and the archer upgrades the game mode is absolutely in favor of the defenders, maybe not massively so, but the system favors defenders. Playing defender for me is about 300% less stressful cause mistakes are temporary. As an attacker even choosing when to res after 30 seconds of being off the field is still a stressful and important decision you have to balance and weigh based on what your teamates are doing and how safe they are.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-15-2018, 02:59 AM
Since this one now already has more notice then mine ill add some of the things said by others in my thread and myself:

Also if anyone plays breach and thinks its balanced... Wut? I mean it's not awful but with the cauldron fixes and the archer upgrades the game mode is absolutely in favor of the defenders, maybe not massively so, but the system favors defenders. Playing defender for me is about 300% less stressful cause mistakes are temporary. As an attacker even choosing when to res after 30 seconds of being off the field is still a stressful and important decision you have to balance and weigh based on what your teamates are doing and how safe they are.
I agree. Breach is in the favor of the defenders. I quit playing it because I hate the ticket system. As if there wasn't enough to worry about. I get why it's there though. If rezed an attacker should be at full strength and a defender at half four better balance.

ProtoSoul9
12-15-2018, 05:57 PM
I have such a hard time with your beligerance here cause this is definitely a real issue.

True, you should get gud, you are already outmatched by the enemy yes, BUT this is one of the few cases when quitting is near validated in my opinion because I've had this happen to me (the most cancerous one was a PK, Glad, and two shaolin team) and literally wanted to concede the match, but no I now have to wait and just repeatedly attempt to get ganked/ break free to go accomplish anything else. (I was playing aramusha, and In case you dont kknow good PKs and Glads are a hard counter to us and shaolins just suck for anyone.) I mean literally stuck in one place dieing like 4 times on repeat with only occasional kills but them all ressing eachother so we cant stop them like they can us (when spawn camping defenders they have the advantage with ledges)

This is not a Git Gud scenario, this is absolutely a balancing issue for the game mode. Anyone knows spawns should be safe and have multiple paths/exits from the spawn locations to enable mobility for the attacking team. this is seen in almost every other existing similar progression based 4v4 game.

I agree with this, multiple paths would be much better, attacking campers would be a much needed tool.