PDA

View Full Version : Altair Free Roaming?

Hayabusa Sushi
08-19-2011, 08:42 PM
So we all know that there will be Altair sequences in Assassin's Creed Revelations. But what about Free Roaming? Will I be able to run around a 12th/13th Century Constantinople as Altair, running on rooftops and killing Crusaders, etc? Or can we only Free Roam as Ezio? I hope that we can Free Roam as Altair, but, unfortunatelly, I don't think it will be in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Hayabusa Sushi
08-19-2011, 08:42 PM
So we all know that there will be Altair sequences in Assassin's Creed Revelations. But what about Free Roaming? Will I be able to run around a 12th/13th Century Constantinople as Altair, running on rooftops and killing Crusaders, etc? Or can we only Free Roam as Ezio? I hope that we can Free Roam as Altair, but, unfortunatelly, I don't think it will be in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Mikatsuki95
08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Not sure it will matter, I think Ezio will satisfy us enough in that area. Altair should make up for that with some epic events.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
No, there won't, but what there WILL be is an Altair outfit that you can wear that will make that basically possible.

Mikatsuki95
08-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I never did use my points to buy the outfit. I don't have many Ubi games so I'm saving my points incase they have something real nice to buy in Revelations.

Hayabusa Sushi
08-19-2011, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
No, there won't, but what there WILL be is an Altair outfit that you can wear that will make that basically possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So hopefully they will allow us to just have 1 Hidden Blade equipped (like in Brotherhood).
EDIT: Which, from the (leaked?) Gamescom Demo Video, it looks like they will.

On a side note, it would be awesome if they let us completely customize what we have equipped (able to remove any weapons and/or armour)!

Chamboozer
08-19-2011, 10:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Will I be able to run around a 12th/13th Century Constantinople as Altair, running on rooftops and killing Crusaders, etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be an immense waste for Ubisoft not to use the 4th Crusade in their story, so I imagine we will get to travel to Constantinople as Altair, though we might not Free-roam.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
08-19-2011, 10:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by haloblivion:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
No, there won't, but what there WILL be is an Altair outfit that you can wear that will make that basically possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So hopefully they will allow us to just have 1 Hidden Blade equipped (like in Brotherhood).
EDIT: Which, from the (leaked?) Gamescom Demo Video, it looks like they will.

On a side note, it would be awesome if they let us completely customize what we have equipped (able to remove any weapons and/or armour)! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the first trailer, the E3 one, one of Ezio's hidden blades break. I'm assuming its the right one. The right hand hidden blade is no more and is now the new hook blade. Or atleast i think so.

Calvarok
08-20-2011, 12:44 AM
Chamboozer, one of Altair's missions is in constantinople climbing the old Galata tower during the riots, as it crumbles.

Anyways, I don't think that we'll be able to unequip hidden blades, and we will be forced by the story to get the hookblade, so Altair won't be exactly the way he is in the memories.

ajl992008
08-20-2011, 09:58 AM
i think there will be because during the gamescom trailer we see altair and ezio mirroring each other and running the opposite way, this is in constantinople, i think altairs missions will be like normal missions so you need to go to a marker on your map, speak to a person and the mission begins, until you do u can do what you want, so i suspect they will bring character models from the first game to populate the world. if they dont then whats the point of including altair unless you give him a sizable amount of things to do in the game.

EvileBluemonst
08-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I hope they have Altair he is awesome but they may give him in free roam Assassins Creed (http://assassinscreed101.com)

reddragonhrcro
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah good point,would be fun to be able to play as Altair in his era when finnishing the game(switch option to change between Ezios and Altairs era) but i hope that we see actualy Altair using his Armour and maybe a second hidden blade due actualy being his idea to use these methods.(ofcourse a modefied version so that he doesn´t have to cut his finger of on his other hand)

Assassin_M
08-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Chamboozer, one of Altair's missions is in constantinople climbing the old Galata tower during the riots, as it crumbles.

Anyways, I don't think that we'll be able to unequip hidden blades, and we will be forced by the story to get the hookblade, so Altair won't be exactly the way he is in the memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You seem to know way too much..

lukaszep
08-20-2011, 04:12 PM
From what i gather, it might be like the Cristina missions in AC:B, where there were closed off areas of the city that you could sorta free roam in, but in a sort of..linear way if that makes sense?

Hayabusa Sushi
08-20-2011, 11:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lukaszep:
From what i gather, it might be like the Cristina missions in AC:B, where there were closed off areas of the city that you could sorta free roam in, but in a sort of..linear way if that makes sense? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I really hope that it's more than this. Ubisoft have the perfect opperturnity to offer both Altair and Ezio fans what they want in one game. It would be a shame for them to waste it.

Calvarok
08-21-2011, 12:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

Anyways, I don't think that we'll be able to unequip hidden blades, and we will be forced by the story to get the hookblade, so Altair won't be exactly the way he is in the memories. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You seem to know way too much.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the words of Ollivander: "I remember every Assassin's Creed interview I've ever read, Mr. Potter."

... that may be a little bit paraphrased.

LightRey
08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

You seem to know way too much.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the words of Ollivander: "I remember every Assassin's Creed interview I've ever read, Mr. Potter."

... that may be a little bit paraphrased. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD

sassinscreed
08-21-2011, 04:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by haloblivion:
So we all know that there will be Altair sequences in Assassin's Creed Revelations. But what about Free Roaming? Will I be able to run around a 12th/13th Century Constantinople as Altair, running on rooftops and killing Crusaders, etc? Or can we only Free Roam as Ezio? I hope that we can Free Roam as Altair, but, unfortunatelly, I don't think it will be in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all that i want with altair gameplay is that it won't be 5 minute side missions

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2011, 07:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:
So we all know that there will be Altair sequences in Assassin's Creed Revelations. But what about Free Roaming? Will I be able to run around a 12th/13th Century Constantinople as Altair, running on rooftops and killing Crusaders, etc? Or can we only Free Roam as Ezio? I hope that we can Free Roam as Altair, but, unfortunatelly, I don't think it will be in the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all that i want with altair gameplay is that it won't be 5 minute side missions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they'll be 5 minute side missions but I don't think we'll be playing as Altair for more than 20~30 minutes in each seal... =/

unless instead we go to point B to trigger the next part of the mission, we start killing guards and running around the city but like lukaszep said, I think we'll have a very limited space to do this... =/

Assassin_M
08-21-2011, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sassinscreed:

all that i want with altair gameplay is that it won't be 5 minute side missions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think they'll be 5 minute side missions but I don't think we'll be playing as Altair for more than 20~30 minutes in each seal... =/

unless instead we go to point B to trigger the next part of the mission, we start killing guards and running around the city but like lukaszep said, I think we'll have a very limited space to do this... =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont think It`ll have free roam, but I believe each seal will about 30-40 minutes each, because Altair lived a long, LONG life.

dxsxhxcx
08-21-2011, 08:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

unless instead we go to point B to trigger the next part of the mission, we start killing guards and running around the city but like lukaszep said, I think we'll have a very limited space to do this... =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I dont think It`ll have free roam, but I believe each seal will about 30-40 minutes each, because Altair lived a long, LONG life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

let's hope you're right.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

and I hope they show some events of the secret crusade book, I finished reading it yesterday and there are a lot of things that would be amazing to see in the game... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RzaRecta357
08-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Altair never goes to Constinople. He's too old and the mongols are attacking by then. Niccolo Polo takes the codex and keys to constinople but is attacked by mongols on the way thus losing the codex he meant to bring to venice. Templars get it and you know the rest from there.

Assassin_M
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Altair never goes to Constinople. He's too old and the mongols are attacking by then. Niccolo Polo takes the codex and keys to constinople but is attacked by mongols on the way thus losing the codex he meant to bring to venice. Templars get it and you know the rest from there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Altair did visit Constantinople 1204 during the 4th Crusade, but the riots prevented him from staying there for too long, and havent you learned that In AC there is no such thing as too Old ?

rileypoole1234
08-21-2011, 02:18 PM
I think Altair's sequences will actually be very short. Didn't we see a full one during the Gamescon demo? Oh wait maybe we saw just the end of one. Maybe they'll be longer, but I think they'll be 10-20 minutes each.

Assassin_M
08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
I think Altair's sequences will actually be very short. Didn't we see a full one during the Gamescon demo? Oh wait maybe we saw just the end of one. Maybe they'll be longer, but I think they'll be 10-20 minutes each. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
They said that this was a small part of the first memory.