PDA

View Full Version : Guard break bug?

Velentix
12-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Been seeing where my opponent or I will gb each other at almost the same time, but during the startup of the gb animation of whoever hit gb slightly later (I mean maybe 50-100ms later, close enough to not be able know their opponent is starting their own gb), they will be guard broken, essentially in the middle of their own guard break. Is this by design or a bug? I thought two people gbing each other would just bounce off?

KotoKuraken
12-09-2018, 12:10 AM
It's been in the game for awhile now. It's supposed to make you bounce off each other, but lag will let your opponent guardbreak you while you're guardbreaking them, just like with phantom parrying (you parry but not really) or phantom blocking (you blocked but you didn't)

DARTHWANGER
12-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Yes, especially on console the GB and CGB can be very off depending on the overall ping of the group. Many times, opponents will even GB you through your light attacks and this is very frustrating. I've had times where I press GB first according to the markers and it turns in to a CGB! It seems that a way to check how bad the lag is during a particular game is to activate one of the bridge or gate levers and see how long the delay is. I've noticed this the most on the Sanctuary Bridge Map where it often takes over a half second to activate one of the gates! If that's the amount of lag going on then it is very difficult to win with that kind of input delay!