Gamescom demo with comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_INjcmgXlA0

wapikas
08-24-2011, 03:43 AM
Gamescom demo with comments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_INjcmgXlA0

kriegerdesgottes
08-24-2011, 03:46 AM
Are we not getting developer diaries this year? Also what happened to Alex Amancio? does he still exist?

Ioder
08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
This video actually answered some questions. The commentary guy said that it takes place before AC1 which explains Al Mulaims appearance.

SupremeCaptain
08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
This video actually answered some questions. The commentary guy said that it takes place before AC1 which explains Al Mulaims appearance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was so obvious anyway.

Ioder
08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ioder:
This video actually answered some questions. The commentary guy said that it takes place before AC1 which explains Al Mulaims appearance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was so obvious anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wasn't that obvious to me, I was thinking that Al Mulaim survived somehow and instead of being "possessed" by the power of the Apple he went back to being the great mentor and leader he was.

luckyto
08-24-2011, 10:28 AM
WOOT! Thank you!

LightRey
08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SupremeCaptain:

That was so obvious anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wasn't that obvious to me, I was thinking that Al Mulaim survived somehow and instead of being "possessed" by the power of the Apple he went back to being the great mentor and leader he was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...u srs?

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Are we not getting developer diaries this year? Also what happened to Alex Amancio? does he still exist? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We ALWAYS get at least three gameplay walkthroughs, usually the first two are before the diaries. And the guy who's narrating ALWAYS does the voice overs for them.

At E3 or other press events, alexandre or someone else narrates them.

kalo.yanis
08-24-2011, 05:49 PM
I am being extremely fussy, but isn't anyone else slightly bugged by the AC logo in the start screen? The matte glass effect, while somewhat appropriate, seems very static. I would have preferred the new light blue one at the end of the new trailers (or a variation of it), despite it being simpler. It would also match the simple white glowing logo of AC2 and ACB.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/NightBlade151/ACRlogos.jpg

Again, sorry for being so fastidious. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, I don't know actually, the matte one doesn't seem that bad. What do you think?

SixKeys
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
So Ezio's injuries prevent him from climbing in the demo. This was new info to me. I figured he would still be able to climb before healing, just slower and probably without the hookblade (if this is at the beginning of the game). I wonder if there will be other moments in the game like that, where enemies can hurt you to the point where you won't be able to climb? That at least would make it more challenging.

On the other hand, this disability seems to limit the ways you can do this particular mission. You can't avoid the guards by stealthily climbing over them, so you're either forced to use the bombs or engage them in open combat. When I play the game, I want to do it my way, not just repeat what was done in the demo.

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
So Ezio's injuries prevent him from climbing in the demo. This was new info to me. I figured he would still be able to climb before healing, just slower and probably without the hookblade (if this is at the beginning of the game). I wonder if there will be other moments in the game like that, where enemies can hurt you to the point where you won't be able to climb? That at least would make it more challenging.

On the other hand, this disability seems to limit the ways you can do this particular mission. You can't avoid the guards by stealthily climbing over them, so you're either forced to use the bombs or engage them in open combat. When I play the game, I want to do it my way, not just repeat what was done in the demo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There were actually quite a few pathways through that first non-free-run section. That part of the mission gave you more freedom than most ACB missions.

Anyways, the first mission is always going to be more structured, because they want to show players a viable way to play the game before they turn them loose into the land of sandboxyness.

I really hope that the ACR team has tried to make this game have a steeper difficulty climb than brotherhood. I'm actually not sure if Brotherhood had a difficulty climb at all. If it did, it wasn't one that could be noticable to someone who'd played at least AC2 before.

kriegerdesgottes
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Are we not getting developer diaries this year? Also what happened to Alex Amancio? does he still exist? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We ALWAYS get at least three gameplay walkthroughs, usually the first two are before the diaries. And the guy who's narrating ALWAYS does the voice overs for them.

At E3 or other press events, alexandre or someone else narrates them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm no, that's never how that has worked. with ACII there were 6 dev diaries that began in July and the walkthroughs came later and then with Brotherhood there were, I want to say 4 or 5 dev diaries that started coming out right before gamescom which is when the first walkthrough video came out. Maybe they just decided not to do them this time or they are just later than usual. It seems like PAX is going to be a bigger deal this year for them though than previous years so maybe we will see something then.

twenty_glyphs
08-24-2011, 11:34 PM
I had forgotten about Ezio being injured at the end of Sequence 1 in Brotherhood until someone on the boards mentioned it. I would assume this demo's sequence will be similar, and act as a way to introduce you to bomb crafting. I really doubt they will take away your ability to climb for any large portion of the game.

The walkthroughs are not always voiced by the same person. The same pool of people tend to do them, but the gamescom demo narrator sounds very different from the E3 demo. I don't think previous years are a great indicator for what they will do this year, though it can be a guide. I want to see Developer Diaries too. I just hope they aren't nearly as corny as last year's were with the over-dramatic shots of the guys in their hoodies and the cheesy narrator going "This time on The Brotherhood Diaries..."

SevketErhat
08-25-2011, 12:36 AM
Nice commentary. I have learned good stuff.

Calvarok
08-25-2011, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:

At E3 or other press events, alexandre or someone else narrates them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

umm no, that's never how that has worked. with ACII there were 6 dev diaries that began in July and the walkthroughs came later and then with Brotherhood there were, I want to say 4 or 5 dev diaries that started coming out right before gamescom which is when the first walkthrough video came out. Maybe they just decided not to do them this time or they are just later than usual. It seems like PAX is going to be a bigger deal this year for them though than previous years so maybe we will see something then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't say we got 3 diaries, I said 3 gameplay vids before said diaries.

Actually, you're right. The voice over guys sound so similar, I didn't really even think about it. But anyways, the guys who voiceover are never the guys we see in interviews.