PDA

View Full Version : Ganking

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 03:51 AM
Something needs to be done about ganking. I'm not talking about deathballing but ganking itself.
If exploited there is zero chance of surviving until help arrive let alone winning. What I mean by exploiting is one person stands close to you and his only purpose is to GB you everytime you attempt parry making all unblockables impossible to deal with. Or you can wise up to what they are doing and CGB the guy only to eat the full damage of the unblockable.
The instakill heroes also need to be looked at too specifically Shugoki and Lawbringer. They both have the ability to kill a full health hero while in revenge. Centurion can also instakill anyone with his fully charged and shamans pounce attack also results in an instakill. How is that balanced?

Second question, does everyone have to constantly agree to the terms and service every. single. time. they. log. in?

SangLong524
12-07-2018, 06:14 AM
OP, you keep making ridiculous threads.
About ganking, why are you there?! why are you staying there to be ganked?!!!! you are not supposed to encourage ganking by standing so sweetly and innocent.
Run the f*ck away!!!!

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 07:51 AM
OP, you keep making ridiculous threads.
About ganking, why are you there?! why are you staying there to be ganked?!!!! you are not supposed to encourage ganking by standing so sweetly and innocent.
Run the f*ck away!!!!

It almost always starts out as a team brawl then my team gets stomped on and I'm left alone. Its pretty hard outrunning shamans and orochis as a warden main.
I don't actively look to get ganked I'm just the lucky one that gets to be a part of it.
Why does it matter if it's me making these anyways? I'm not the only person in for honor getting yanked. Ganking happens in every game a side from most brawls and the occasional elimination match. Don't act like ganking isn't flawed. Surviving ganks is already hard enough but facing those people that understand the art of battle can make ganking impossible to deal with. That shouldn't be a thing at all.

Vendelkin
12-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Do remember that the gankers are players too. What i mean is ganking is very intentionally in favor of the gankers. Especially if they are coordinating well. Winning 1 v 3s or 4s is not very realistic. And it would be unfair to the gankers if it were any easier for the one. People already can regularily turn the tide in a 1 v 2 via revenge. And frequently in 1 v 3s as well.

That being said duplicate heroes makes ganking all the more cancerous cause coordinating the gank takes very little effort. I dont mind 3 shaolins, even 4 shaolins. But even 2 jiang juns is painful to handle haha

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-07-2018, 09:30 AM
I think getting rid of the second person gb would do allot in balancing ganks. It's much easier to face three people than two.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Do remember that the gankers are players too. What i mean is ganking is very intentionally in favor of the gankers. Especially if they are coordinating well. Winning 1 v 3s or 4s is not very realistic. And it would be unfair to the gankers if it were any easier for the one. People already can regularily turn the tide in a 1 v 2 via revenge. And frequently in 1 v 3s as well.

That being said duplicate heroes makes ganking all the more cancerous cause coordinating the gank takes very little effort. I dont mind 3 shaolins, even 4 shaolins. But even 2 jiang juns is painful to handle haha

Yeah your point? Day 1 cent mains are people too and it seemed like the community want to hang every last one.
I'm aware that ganking is intentionally in favor of the ganks and dealing with coordinated gankers is a death sentence.
How often do people come out on top in a gank? Not too often in the games that I play and the ones that do survive is usually by luck from what I've observed.
I know there are some people that can consistently win 1vX engagements, it's a skill they acquired and have refined throughout their for honor career, look at Faaram for example, but I bet those that can survive these ganks feel cheated when a shugoki hugs them and they are instakilled or when they make a parry attempt and by fluke some GBs at the right time resulting in the lone guy eating the attacked followed by whatever the GB guys wants to do.
I'm not talking about buffing revenge to make ganks easier or to make the lone guy get a damage reduction buff, nothing like that. I just want the exploits to be removed. Just like how ubi for the most part has removed the unlock 'tech' even though it was a giant exploit.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 10:26 AM
I think getting rid of the second person gb would do allot in balancing ganks. It's much easier to face three people than two.

I think it's reasonable everything should always be in your control in some way.

Speedgamer2002
12-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Take lawbringers and shugokis lasts penny, and how can cent insta kill? his pounce max damage with buffs is somewhere around 60 in revenge and it literally knocks everyone out of the way.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Take lawbringers and shugokis lasts penny, and how can cent insta kill? his pounce max damage with buffs is somewhere around 60 in revenge and it literally knocks everyone out of the way.

I play lawbringer, taking away his ganking instakill ability isn't really going to do much to him anyways he's still a bad hero in his current state. I have no comment for Shugoki other than he should be in the game.
Yes it's true that cent will push anyone out of his way to perfrom the jumping stab (can't remember the name for the move) if your teammate are paying attention then will move off to the side and let centurion do his own thing, after cent prefroms the jump attack you downed guy is still vulnerable for a few more moments.
With feats cents Max damage is 95 I believe, without feats it's 65. Both of which are pretty insane amounts of damage.

retrobacon74
12-07-2018, 07:31 PM
You keep talking about "insta-kill abilities" without even explaining what you mean. There is one insta-kill ability in this game, and that is demons embrace while shugoki is in very critical health. While ganking is ver annyoing you can't complain about it because likeliness is you too participate in ganking, god knows i do. This game is centered around 1v1 gameplay and is balanced as such, you can't expect anything to be balanced in 4v4.

edit: of course its going to be f*cking hard to survive a gank! its 1v2 or more! just stick with your team. if your team is bad, then thats really not anybodies fault.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-07-2018, 09:49 PM
You keep talking about "insta-kill abilities" without even explaining what you mean. There is one insta-kill ability in this game, and that is demons embrace while shugoki is in very critical health. While ganking is ver annyoing you can't complain about it because likeliness is you too participate in ganking, god knows i do. This game is centered around 1v1 gameplay and is balanced as such, you can't expect anything to be balanced in 4v4.

edit: of course its going to be f*cking hard to survive a gank! its 1v2 or more! just stick with your team. if your team is bad, then thats really not anybodies fault.

Everyone else seems to understand what I mean by instakill abilities except you. Well here this is what I mean about instakill abilities. Lawbringer's long arm move, if he connects while your being ganked you're dead because while the lawbringer is flipping you over his shoulder and throwing you to the ground his teammates are hitting you with top heavies which results in your dying instantly, no chance to defend your self no chance to fight back.
"While ganking is ver annyoing you can't complain about it because likeliness is you too participate in ganking" I'm going to ignore this.
The developers may BALANCE the game around 1v1s but the game is centered around 4v4s whether anyone likes it or not it's true, majority of the player base plays 4v4 game modes.

papa_joseph1
12-08-2018, 03:26 AM
My dude, Law Bringer is one of the easiest heroes to avoid ganking with, just be watchful, light spam chains are broken super easy, just block and GB and bam, you land a shove and push them back off you, it interrupts anything but an unblockable, infact if you want to counter ganks as LB just chase them, the Impale is really wierd and you can wall splant and vaproize an Assassin without much trouble, always land the heavy top and you get them stunned, finish your chain and bam, unblockable they can't see coming, you get the exutute and they are dead.

But that's the problem with LB, ironically he's a better gank then he is a heavy hybrid, mostly because he has 0 openers......he's in need of rework bad.

Inzzane_79
12-10-2018, 12:30 PM
As much as I hate getting ganked. In 90% it was my own fault for being alone and getting ganked and I asume thatīs the same for you my friend. Be more aware of what your teammates do, if they run away then run with them. No point trying to capture A solo when 3 opponents are coming your way to kill you.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-10-2018, 01:12 PM
With some characters you can run from but others you can't. I personally don't mind being ganked just the fact that a person can gb me from the side and then get a free light from the front even if I counter the gb. It takes down shugokis HA for free. What is the point of playing a heavy if he isn't designed to correctly to take damage from multiple opponents? They need to remove side GBs from the game.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-10-2018, 10:16 PM
As much as I hate getting ganked. In 90% it was my own fault for being alone and getting ganked and I asume thatīs the same for you my friend. Be more aware of what your teammates do, if they run away then run with them. No point trying to capture A solo when 3 opponents are coming your way to kill you.

This post isn't about being ganked it's about the 'GB exploit' if you want to call it that. It makes surviving impossible.
With the rules this game has established like be vulnerable to GB at the start of heavy attacks, some people are exploiting that in ganks, ruining any chance of surviving the gank and taking the fun out of it.

OhHowSheGoingEh
12-10-2018, 10:19 PM
With some characters you can run from but others you can't. I personally don't mind being ganked just the fact that a person can gb me from the side and then get a free light from the front even if I counter the gb. It takes down shugokis HA for free. What is the point of playing a heavy if he isn't designed to correctly to take damage from multiple opponents? They need to remove side GBs from the game.

I don't think they should remove side GBs, they just need to tweak things around to make you immune to external GBs when attempting to parry. I've had it where someone on my side throws an UB, I try to party it, the guy I'm currently locked onto sees my attack animation and GBs. Netting him a free heavy plus the side guy gets to land his UB.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-10-2018, 10:43 PM
I don't think they should remove side GBs, they just need to tweak things around to make you immune to external GBs when attempting to parry. I've had it where someone on my side throws an UB, I try to party it, the guy I'm currently locked onto sees my attack animation and GBs. Netting him a free heavy plus the side guy gets to land his UB.
As you know I disagree. I have a clip of what you talk about. If you get gb on a parry attempt and the unblockable goes through it knocks the person out of the gb.
This is a weapon based game. When fighting two opponents and being constantly GB from the side with only the animation to react to(fast af with some characters) makes it annoying and unrealistic. All the while they are getting free damage through your counter gb.
Maybe your right that it needs to be tweaked. What I would do is get rid of side gbs than completely get ride of revenge so revenge farming is no longer a thing.