PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's creed 1 remake

Dream132014
12-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Hello there,sorry if I repeat a earlier post. If not then it's okay. What do you guys think about a total remake of Ac 1. I would die to have it. With graphics like Unity it would be perfect and a map like Origins or Odyssey. It would be so awesome to see that game on is 100% what I could be on Ps4 with the technology of 2018. They could add what happen in the book too. Maybe it is just a dream but Ubisoft already remastered rogue,ac 2/brotherhood/revelation and about to remaster Ac 3 and liberation. I don't know for black flag (but we have a version on Ps4 already). Unity and Syndicate are not that older so a remaster is not in need for these 2 games. They never talk about the Assassin's creed 1. The one that make us (for a lot of people) fall in love with the franchise. What do you guys think. Will we get it one day ?

RonJeremyR6
12-10-2018, 09:21 AM
I think they should focus on new games instead of remastering old games.
It's like been there done that.

So it's a no from me ;)

Sef1n
12-10-2018, 09:28 PM
I would rather have a remake in Unity engine and gameplay than the new games which will follow the path of Odyssey aka button mashing crap with no story or lore ;)

Sef1n
12-10-2018, 09:32 PM
and BTW when I look at Resident Evil 2 remake... man I am going to buy that day one. That game was a gem and its remake is lookiing absolutely fantastic.
New engine, new gameplay elements yet keeping the game as the original. They did absolutely incredible job. But the thing is those guys know what they are doing and why are they doing it (besides the profit)

gehenna27
12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Hello there,sorry if I repeat a earlier post. If not then it's okay. What do you guys think about a total remake of Ac 1. I would die to have it. With graphics like Unity it would be perfect and a map like Origins or Odyssey. It would be so awesome to see that game on is 100% what I could be on Ps4 with the technology of 2018. They could add what happen in the book too. Maybe it is just a dream but Ubisoft already remastered rogue,ac 2/brotherhood/revelation and about to remaster Ac 3 and liberation. I don't know for black flag (but we have a version on Ps4 already). Unity and Syndicate are not that older so a remaster is not in need for these 2 games. They never talk about the Assassin's creed 1. The one that make us (for a lot of people) fall in love with the franchise. What do you guys think. Will we get it one day ?

Sign me up, but more along the lines of how they're describing the ACIII remaster. Updating controls etc. but it's still the same game. And throw in AC Bloodlines which I didn't get to play as I didn't get any PS handhelds.
A number of PSP games were successfully ported to PS3. And PS3 games are getting PS4 ports or remasters on the regular these days so shouldn't be too hard to skip a gen.

babality3
12-13-2018, 01:12 PM
Origins and Odyssey are not assassin's creed games. Unfortunately they turned the wrong way. I sold Origins 26 hours of gameplay after. Hundreds of missions without meaning, the pace is a joke, battle system that is no assassin at all, hidden blade lost its meaning, chasing the marker for the missions cause you know it will be the same again and again, never learning the maps cause the game doesn't help you to. You can clearly see the copy-paste games and content they release and it's so logical cause it's just impossible to make a great game every year. I remember when i was playing the bugged Altair...he maybe was bugged but he was serious, slow paced, missions with meaning and planning before executing. In Origins you don't have to plan your next nove. You just rush in any difficulty and massacre everyone in your way while getting microtransactions offers. I think that all that matters for Ubisoft is microtransactions these days. It's ridiculous to release 5 different versions of a game and hide a dlc under a 20$ microtransaction the release day. I will have to pay over 150$ just to have a complete game. It's greed and i will stop to support Ubisoft from now on. I see also that many many games are starting to get aware of that too and i'm happy cause companies like EA, Ubi, blizzard-Activision etc, have turned video games industry into stock market chase.

MstrTarvos
12-14-2018, 02:30 AM
Personally I would love to see a remaster of the original, hopefully with better controls.. I would love to see them fix the controls, update the colors and textures, maybe make some changes to the map. I don't normally buy remasters, but if this one was offered I would buy it.

UbiSnout
12-15-2018, 01:44 AM
Hi y'all!

There is no news about such a remaster. But feel free to share why Assassin's Creed was so special when it was released. Why do you think the parkour and stealth was so welcome by the gaming community? What made Altair so charismatic?

DatWut
12-15-2018, 10:31 AM
Bumped into this thread by coincidence, but it reflects my thoughts exactly.

Assassin's Creed (1) was the ebginning of something new, a "risky" new gameplay idea. And it worked. The story was great and unpredictable, it had a few bends here and there, and Altair has fit into his time so well. He didn't just fit in, he blended in, something that can't be said about Ezio and his costume (no hate, just my opinion).
Though the gameplay in AC was so boring and lackluster. Go to a city, find a way in, climb towers, help citizens, assassinate the leader, return to Masyaf. Then, go to the next city, climb towers, help citizens... rinse and repeat for a total of 9 times if I recall correctly.
I want AC1's story with a less boring gameplay, more varied elements, different missions (and a better voiceactor who doesn't sound as American as the AC1 Altair did).

gehenna27
12-19-2018, 08:40 AM
I want AC1's story with a less boring gameplay, more varied elements, different missions (and a better voiceactor who doesn't sound as American as the AC1 Altair did).
The AC Revelations voice actor then?

Wollyd1878
12-31-2018, 05:03 PM
I would be happy with a port + bloodlines including ps4 trophies with slightly better graphics

bur2000
12-31-2018, 07:44 PM
To be honest, AC I was a great game in that it was something entirely new. But once you're over that, it's not that great. Each city has the same repetitive first few missions. Copy&paste tail someone, beat someone up, etc. Don't get me wrong, I replayed it recently, but what people criticize newer AC games for, such as repetitive side missions, AC I has that in heaps.

I think the fact that people played that in their youth helps with seeing it as the "best game ever". Wait 10 years and you'll find gamers that talk about Origins as if it was the best game ever.

Sef1n
12-31-2018, 10:25 PM
AC 1 had repetitive tasks indeed, but main assassination missions and combat are nothing like that crap we are getting now. I played it recently and it was better experience than Odyssey even though it aged so much...

AC 1 reminds me AC3. Both had main story finished, but it seems like side content was really rushed and placed there on the last minute.

Bowslinger4L
01-01-2019, 06:25 PM
if there is a remaster my guess would be it will be right after the next new AC game and be offered the same way as they're doing rogue as free if you bought the season pas of Odyessey.

Athikte
01-06-2019, 09:35 PM
I would def buy it.:cool:

UbiSnout
01-09-2019, 12:46 AM
That's great everyone! Thanks for sharing your love for the first episode of the series!
I enjoyed it a lot too! I probably conducted most of my assassinations with trowing knives from the roofs. That way the guards would not even know where to look. I remember the part toward the end when you meet Richard Lionheart. The actual History being connected to the game's story line was something really unusual back then.

I will definitely let the devs know that our players have a particular connection with the first installment of the series. :D

DaffiestOdin
01-29-2019, 06:11 PM
I would love to see a remaster of AC1 - as long as it improved both graphics and game-play - at least up to the level of the Ezio Collection. For me, that would bring all the AC games to a relatively consistent level - and make them available long term on pc and consoles into the foreseeable future. It would be an added bonus if they added more to Altair's story with new areas and missions as well.

Zylkito
03-31-2019, 10:44 AM
True dat, remasters suck and are pretty useless. A remake does give the the GOLD old game, a new makeup, nah its make it a whole ****ing new game. Remasters are generally boring and are no advancement in gameplay at all. If they could remake all previous games before unity, with unitys awesome movement parkour its graphics. jesus that would be a preorder and a ****ing insta Buy. AC3 remastered is boring and stale. It does not give new life to the game. It does feel like a cheap mod if ubi even allowed moders to make advancement.

Remake AC 1-4 incl Rogue with Unity Animations / Movement graphics ----- ta da you`ve got 5 ****ing must play games. 5 games. You may call that Assassins Creed Desmond Collection. Would ****ing love to replay such a gorgeous remake.