PDA

View Full Version : Warlords Crushing Tackle

LeriiSuitedUp
12-04-2018, 11:16 PM
I do not understand how this move hasn't been addressed. It and the Crushing Tackle of raiders are possibly the most ridiculous and most frustrating things to deal with when in teamfights. Why? Because all you have to do is unlock and twiddle around in sprint mode for a few seconds and barrel rush your opponent. One on one Raider isn't as bad since it has visual cues, but the Warlords is pretty much a complete 50/50 on what he's going to do. I recently went up against a match with a Warlord dropping traps in front of areas and deliberately waiting to Crushing Tackle people caught in it because there was NOTHING that could be done to stop it, leading to free environmental kills. Add in the confusion and chaos of a teamfight and someone just rushing into your screen out of nowhere and carrying you ridiculous distances is just unfair when the only counter is to dodge, assuming they follow up the charge, and when grouped around with enemies sometimes that's not even possible.

I've both done this easy strategy and had it done to me countless times and I think it needs addressing. No, do NOT take them out completely, but Warlord at the very least needs to have his carry distance butchered to the point that the moment it connects it becomes an instant knockdown. You still get the opener, but you can't be carried across large areas for free kills. If it HAS to be a 50/50, then at least let its primary use be damage and NOT CC, especially of this caliber.

LordDoubleDare
12-04-2018, 11:57 PM
I disagree as a warlord player. Its one of the few moves he has that makes him fun. I think if you are better aware of your surroundings its not as bad as you make it out to be, including falling for his traps when you already know he has taken the feat for it. Its goal appears to be to isolate or move a hero out of range. Think about it from a 2v2 perspective where its 2v1 and I come rushing in to isolate the second target to fight me instead of my teammate. It works well in that situation. If you make the distance to short it doesn't accomplish that and that's really its main pull.

I think they already said they are going to nerf it a little but I really hope they don't gut it. Otherwise realistically there is little reason to play the class who is already just a worse version of the conqueror. If they are going to nerf it they better give him some other tools to justify it.

Vendelkin
12-05-2018, 01:35 AM
I disagree as a warlord player. Its one of the few moves he has that makes him fun. I think if you are better aware of your surroundings its not as bad as you make it out to be, including falling for his traps when you already know he has taken the feat for it. Its goal appears to be to isolate or move a hero out of range. Think about it from a 2v2 perspective where its 2v1 and I come rushing in to isolate the second target to fight me instead of my teammate. It works well in that situation. If you make the distance to short it doesn't accomplish that and that's really its main pull.

I think they already said they are going to nerf it a little but I really hope they don't gut it. Otherwise realistically there is little reason to play the class who is already just a worse version of the conqueror. If they are going to nerf it they better give him some other tools to justify it.

^i agree. Good warlords are quite versatile, but his crashing charge is just fine. Im also fine with the dev proposed mild nerf to it tho. Environmental awareness is very important. Also almost all traps can be baited in multiple ways. Dodge rolling over where a trap may be (even if exposing yourself to a free hit after) can often trigger the trap without it touching you. If close to a ledge do the dodge roll into a position where they do not have a throw angle available.

I will admit going up against a full teap team in dominion can be cancer tho haha.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-05-2018, 02:03 AM
I kinda wish he couldn't ledge with it but could get a wallsplat. In fact I kinda wish every character had a move that would help to separate and isolate fights.

Devils-_-legacy
12-05-2018, 02:16 AM
I think they mentioned there looking at out of lock unblockables either last den or the one before as they don't like it

MarshalMoriarty
12-05-2018, 02:47 AM
If its that big an issue for Ubi, why have they waited 8 seasons before they admit it? Why when the game is awash with problems, are they planning to nerf the guy in last place in the standings? Yet they can't countenance looking at Conq who is millions of times better than WL?

When are they going to get their act together?!

LeriiSuitedUp
12-05-2018, 04:16 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not really concerned with what makes him seem fun, rather what would be fair for people fighting him and for the person using him. His GB is already the best in the game with his throw distance, and with the added charge that can bait either a free tackle or a free GB if your opponent guesses wrong it just seems a little too much benefit for the input. I don't mean to simply take something away without helping him as a class, and I agree that if they did nerf it that they should improve other aspects of him so it's not just a beating with the nerf bat, and I'm always conscious of my surroundings, especially when playing Centurion who needs walls and the environment to function at his best, it's the ease of use for the results that I think is unfair when you're on the receiving end of it. It's another mechanic that's fun to use, but not at all fun to be used on. I've used it plenty of times when goofing around with the character, no he wasn't my favorite, and I see what you think it's purpose should be, but that's what his GB and Raiders charge already does.

Does Warlord really need more ways to drag you around the map? I don't think so; he can isolate targets with his GB just fine and that has reasonable counter mechanics to it that aren't someone showing up in your screen and tackling you instantly, especially in teamfights where you're likely focusing, attacking and being attacked by other players, someone showing up while you're blocking,parrying,grabbing or being hit just makes it completely impossible to dodge.I think Raiders is fine because there are cues that tell you it's coming, but that's not the case with Warlord when he can just stop and GB you for trying to dodge it. It's too much payoff for so little effort.

Hormly
12-05-2018, 06:10 AM
Lvl 60 warlord here. Yes his charge move is a problem, along with the Shinobi slide. The devs have already stated that they are moving to fix this.

atac56
12-05-2018, 05:04 PM
you people complain about everything. at this rate every character is going to be identical and 1 dimensional. warlord is one of the worst characters in the game to the point where im surprised to see one in a lobby. I played against a warlord on dominion recently and his team was breaking with him being the final kill. The game still ended despite him self resurrecting lol the guy has been nerfed to the point where his feats don't even work. if youre getting slapped by a warlord its a personal problem. let him have his crashing charge, its all hes got left and it does no damage. be more aware of your surroundings if you don't like getting hit by it.

Herbstlicht
12-05-2018, 05:48 PM
I am very much with the general consensus here. The game needs be getting rid of unfun mechanics. And even if some classes suffer from it, they can be repaired. Besides, what do you think if they did leave old cent in game and devised new heroes after him? We would watch each others cutscenes and in the end, games would boil down to one or two succesful hits, baits or parries. Game would be dead by now. Its a melee fighting game game with weapons still. Not a lucky guardbreak- or funny shinobi-sliding simulator.

rasi777125
12-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Centurio is good,he has a lot of unblock and one Parry and you lose all your stamp, and waht has a Warlord? Wehn you lose to a Warlord you must learn to play, sorry waht you say is Bul.... he is the worst Hero in this Game.

LeriiSuitedUp
12-05-2018, 06:36 PM
Except Centurion has no out of lock 50/50 that carries you long distances that you can access for free. His wall splat combo is a problem, but Centurion has ONE unblockable attack and two bashes, all of which are pretty telegraphed, so stop while you're behind when you say Warlord is the worst hero in the game. He needs help, so I'm NOT advocating just nerfing him, as the Warlord fanboys who get upset when you mention there might be even a SLIGHT problem with the character seem to think, but it's like saying that Shugoki's hug isn't an issue. THAT is the worst character in the game and he needs help desperately, as does Warlord, but here's a newsflash: You can be the worst character in the game and still have broken mechanics that need adjusting. Notice I didn't say remove his charge all together, just make it so it's just an instant knockdown. That way, you still get the opening but you can't be grabbed and dragged long distances without them actually working for it with a GB.

No, I won't let any character have any mechanic I feel is unhealthy for the game, regardless of how good or bad they are. I have over 20 reps on Lawbringer between my PC and Console games and despite how bad he is right now, his shove on block NEEDS to go because it's not a good mechanic for the game. This discussion is about Warlord, so take your fanboy glasses off for a moment and think about the game as a whole and what role he plays in it. We can help the character and the game at the same time.

rasi777125
12-05-2018, 07:07 PM
This one Combo is a Probleme for you, you must only goe left or right and this is all waht you must do ,i dont understand your Problem, we have Heros wich have many more Combos and unblock Techniks. I dont understand your Problem.

LordDoubleDare
12-05-2018, 07:54 PM
If you change it to a knockdown it defeats the entire purpose of the skill. It is specifically meant to push you away from the rest of your team or away from a teammate so you can save him. The warlords renown gains are specifically tailored to help your teammates in this fashion. You can dodge it on a correct read. You can also just unlock and run away. I don't understand why you think this is such a big deal.

I would like an explanation on what exact combo or move specifically is causing you to consider it such a problem. I would think you are specifically pissed off because you got thrown off a ledge by it because you are failing the 50/50 read. I would rather have them nerf whatever combo then the range.

If we want to talk about unfun mechanics lets talk feinting. Let's remove that too from all characters. While we are at it lets completely remove shamans pounce. Lets just remove all characters and combos so there is only one guy to pick and no combos, only heavy and light attacks.

MrBeave
12-05-2018, 08:17 PM
The crashing charge is fun if you're a Warlord!

If he had a more diverse kit, then I wouldn't miss it (maybe) but until then....

Velentix
12-05-2018, 08:42 PM
I dont see a problem with his 50/50, for me as valk its actually very easy to beat, just light attack him, it knocks him out of CC and he cant GB it. Granted for other characters it may require a bit more timing and experience to, but offense imo is the answer to his mix up.

LeriiSuitedUp
12-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Once again, he already HAS a mechanic for pulling people away from their team with his GB drag being the single best and longest in the entire game outside of MAYBE raider and shugoki if they slap you, but they only go one direction and aren't regular wall splats.

You want an explanation? Fine, tell me why it's alright that if I play a Warlord, I can instantly sprint in place and charge someone for a 50/50 long distance grab? And if I'm feeling tricky, I just stop and GB for the same results or I just reset if they counter GB and I'm perfectly safe? Sounds fair, but what about when someone is OoS? If they guess wrong, it's everything mentioned and a free lunging heavy into headbutt and light attack. And it's practically safe. The WORST thing that could happen is you whiff and charge on ahead, get GB if someone times it right and maybe a side attack. Okay, what if I stop and go for a GB? They reset if they predict it and we're back at square one or I get tapped if they get lucky and I don't interrupt whatever they try to do, which happens often because it overrides pretty much anything someone is doing.

Let's talk groupfights where everyone says it's supposed to be used. I have a friend who's fighting someone and I want to help, so I sprint in and carry him far away, where to is irrelevant just that it's a free long range grab. Well, you have a chance to stop it if you see them coming, or take the chance and try for a CGB, but what if they're attacking? You're SCREWED. There is nothing you can do if you're doing ANYTHING else, so what's stopping a Warlord from just waiting for the opponent to do literally anything before charging? Nothing, absolutely nothing because it's free. You jiggle in place for a second and then the train is coming. At least with Lawbringers long range move you have to be hit with an attack you have a fair chance of blocking, but not the Warlord.

Stop fanboying because you like the character and be real. Shugoki had a similar situation because it was unfair he could instant charge you for a free knockdown 50/50, but Warlords is far worse since Shugoki couldn't get the same results from his GB like Warlord can. Feinting attacks isn't hard CC like this, don't even try to go there.

Velentix
12-06-2018, 12:49 AM
Ehhh, going by that logic, shinobi shouldn't have a ranged gb, laws shouldnt impale, tiandi shouldnt kick, just because they can move people around with a gb. Granted warlord can move people a bit further on his gb, but then his mobility is also absolute crap. Seems a fair trade off to me.

rasi777125
12-06-2018, 07:12 AM
@Leri,you talk Bul.....

Herbstlicht
12-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Rasi, like really? People discuss a topic with you but do have a different opinion what do explain to you. Are you really this arrogant to deem all other opinions worthless with you for sure being absolutely right? The best answer was its fun for warlord but not the others-one. Further, people all agree that warlord needs some changes or buffs when his out of lock play gets fixed. But you just want to keep your old and soon outdated mechanics to cheese some more? Most people here played a hella lot of time of for honor, people know what they are talking about. Not saying you dont. But you surely behave in a way discussing with you feels pointless.

Siegfried-Z
12-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Centurio is good,he has a lot of unblock and one Parry and you lose all your stamp, and waht has a Warlord? Wehn you lose to a Warlord you must learn to play, sorry waht you say is Bul.... he is the worst Hero in this Game.

Appart to the WL discussion. I have to say i agree with Herbstlicht.

1/ You said Cent has a lot of UB : Sorry but the only UB which isn't feintable in the game is not a powerfull moove. + His kick and punch are easly dodge at a decent level, far more often than WL Headbutt is as he is way faster than both kick and punch Cent.

2/ You said Cent has just to parry and your OOS and then what WL has ? Well, if you just open his mooveset, you gonna see WL has exactly the same parry mech than cent with a free shield hit which stun and remoove as much stam as Cent Knee. So, yes the WL follow up is a light, not a heavy and cannot Wallsplat. But talking about Stam, WL is at least as strong as Cent when it comes to be a stam bully with his parry Shled hit. Let's combined it with his headbutt and you can see WL can easly put his opponent OOS. Ant then, he has his insane crushing charge 50/50

i'm not saying WL is a problem at all don't get me wrong, i don't think that.

But comparing WL and Cent on the few points you choose to do so, WL has nothing worst than Cent.

rasi777125
12-06-2018, 04:43 PM
The Headbut and the Lights Damage is a minimal Damage and the Shildbash hafe not so mutsh OoS waht hafe the Centurio,and she koms only from a Parry and i se not one Warlord waht doe this Combo, i play Warlord to Reales and i play always wiht the Shildbash and waht hafe it from this noting no Stamp this is all waht i hafe.@Herbstlich, we hafe so mutsch Heros waht kan do anithing and this Man talk from one Attack ,the Warlord bekoms to begin so many Nerf,so is this Diskussion for me not realy Importent ,whe hafe so mutsch Probleme in this Game and the Warlord is realy not the best Hero,hes Damage is realy the minimalist. The Centurio is mutsh better than the Warlord, so i dont no waht you talk.