PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Encrypted Collection Cache Arrives in The Division

Ubi-Zade
12-04-2018, 05:25 PM
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/marketingresource/en-gb/the-division/the-division-2/news/images/tctd_collection_cache_960x540_341235.jpg

Agents!

We have released four iterations of the Encrypted Cache since its launch, with 19 collections bundled throughout Mark I – IV. We wanted to give players a more direct opportunity to earn the collections. On December 6, we are introducing the Encrypted Collection Cache! Found at the Premium Vendor in the Terminal, these loot containers include exclusive vanity items that are purely cosmetic. Designed with vanity hunters in mind, the Encrypted Collection Cache only contains collection items. If you are missing cosmetics from any of the 19 collections, this cache is your chance!

With the introduction of the Collection Cache, we are decommissioning the Mark I – IV caches on January 10th. While the caches themselves are being removed, players will still have the opportunity to earn their contents periodically on the in-game store as direct purchases. Be sure to keep an eye out!

We are also reintroducing last year's Holiday Cache for a limited time! Until January 10th, you can earn the Winter Holiday Collection alongside holiday emotes.

Opening Encrypted Caches requires Cypher Keys, which can be earned through a few different means. The first is simply by playing The Division. Killing bosses, completing Commendations, and completing Search and Destroy missions all reward Cypher Key Fragments. Ten Fragments are required for one Cypher Key, and one Cypher Key opens one Encrypted Cache. The alternative is through Premium Credits, which can be purchased at the Premium Vendor. Cypher Keys can be purchased in bundles to open Encrypted Caches.

Thank you to our community for supporting The Division! Be sure to share your Agents in complete Collections with us on the Official Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/498-The-Division), Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/), and Twitter (https://twitter.com/thedivisiongame)!

/The Division Dev Team

RushLoongHammer
12-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Aren't some vanity sets only purchasable, like the Firecreast set?
I never got any piece of Firecreast in the lootboxes, and it looks pretty kool.

Lnk003
12-05-2018, 11:31 AM
Lol! The lootbox update for a game that doesn't get update to fix it's broken bs.

thaprofesza101
12-06-2018, 05:42 PM
when is 1.8.4 next year? thanks

RushLoongHammer
12-07-2018, 09:56 AM
If the mark I-IV caches are being discontinued, how to get emotes?
They aren't in the collection cache.

Ubi-Johan
12-07-2018, 01:08 PM
If the mark I-IV caches are being discontinued, how to get emotes?
They aren't in the collection cache.

They will periodically be available through direct purchase at the Premium Vendor.

/ Johan

DaveyJaye
12-09-2018, 08:46 PM
They will periodically be available through direct purchase at the Premium Vendor.

/ Johan

Just to be clear, they will only be available to purchase with premium credits right?

In the op it says you can earn them and I don't consider paying for them as earning them.

I have (earned) around 20 keys I was gonna spend to get the last couple of emotes out of the holiday cache but if I can no longer earn the contents of the mk I-IV caches I would rather use my keys on them.

RushLoongHammer
12-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Just to be clear, they will only be available to purchase with premium credits right?

In the op it says you can earn them and I don't consider paying for them as earning them.

I have (earned) around 20 keys I was gonna spend to get the last couple of emotes out of the holiday cache but if I can no longer earn the contents of the mk I-IV caches I would rather use my keys on them.

Yea, that's what I was getting at.

DaveyJaye
12-09-2018, 10:46 PM
Yea, that's what I was getting at.

Oh I'm pretty sure they are only gonna be available for purchase with premium credits to try and squeeze the last bit of cash out of this game as there is no other reason to discontinue the caches rather than just adding the new caches and the option to buy as well?

RushLoongHammer
12-09-2018, 11:57 PM
Oh I'm pretty sure they are only gonna be available for purchase with premium credits to try and squeeze the last bit of cash out of this game as there is no other reason to discontinue the caches rather than just adding the new caches and the option to buy as well?

The collection cache is a kool but why remove free to earn emotes?
I wonder if this is preparing the playerbase for Division 2.

RushLoongHammer
12-09-2018, 11:59 PM
They could have added an emote cache like the collections cache
or since Div2 is close, just unlock the emotes for everyone for free.

DaveyJaye
12-10-2018, 12:33 AM
They could have added an emote cache like the collections cache
or since Div2 is close, just unlock the emotes for everyone for free.

I would assume they make money from emotes.

I got all the collections fairly quickly yet I rarely get an emote so I assume the percentage chance of receiving an emote has always been lower as they are more coveted.

I'm not sure why I care as I very rarely even use any emote but they were something to collect and as I already have all classifieds and exotics when they make the emotes purchase only I'll have nothing left to collect.

RushLoongHammer
12-10-2018, 08:30 AM
At least if the emotes are only purchasable with real money in Div2, I hope they come with more functionality than just an animation.

I suggested this a while back, the selfie emote that can take screenshots, siting emote allows you to sit on any chair or just on the ground, a camera mode activate by a camera drone emote, a pet an animal emote that adapts to the animal being pet, ect.

Overall, in Div1 it sucks that the only to emotes now is to buy them with real money even though before this point they could be earned free ingame, and for Div2, it'd be kool if emotes weren't just an static animation like in every other game out there; need to evolve them.

Ubi-RealDude
12-11-2018, 12:10 AM
I suggested this a while back, the selfie emote that can take screenshots, siting emote allows you to sit on any chair or just on the ground, a camera mode activate by a camera drone emote, a pet an animal emote that adapts to the animal being pet, ect.

Those are really neat. I don't usually see people expressing interest in emotes that have unique secondary effects... How do you think this would improve your time within The Division?

RushLoongHammer
12-11-2018, 09:54 AM
Those are really neat. I don't usually see people expressing interest in emotes that have unique secondary effects... How do you think this would improve your time within The Division?

Games like the Division don't need emotes for any gameplay and very very little for social function, so they're mostly redundant.
They're more like a collectible, like a jacket, to me anyways.
Emotes should evolve to stay appealing

Bambihunter1971
12-17-2018, 05:17 PM
I'd say generally speaking, emotes are used more as taunts than anything else, though I do like/use some like the tick-toc one where the person checks then taps his watch. So many times people are just standing around and I'm like let's go!!!

Rroff
12-21-2018, 01:33 AM

A game called City of Heroes did this back in the day - there was an emote that would put your character into a sitting position for instance which matched up with many of the objects that were the right height to sit on in the game.

There are a few emotes on The Division that have secondary effects but they seem quite rare and I'm not sure how people acquired them.

lmaxmai
01-13-2019, 11:37 AM
This is unbelievable, simply unbelievable. Taking away the ability to receive these emotes by playing the game. It takes quite some arrogance to treat players this way. Not only those who have been around for years, new ones as well. Abandon that unnecessary movie adaptation which will never live up to the atmosphere and the spirit of the game, perhaps then you would not have to take everyone to the cleaners. This is not meant in a funny way! I would be swearing now but I am not going to provide any reasons for anything. I will just say this, your actions prove that you do not deserve to hold or own this game and everything about it.