PDA

View Full Version : Modelling of the WfGr 21

WildeSau
12-22-2004, 02:21 PM
How many of you are using this weapon at all? I think it's a good way to break up enemy bomber formations as it was used for in real life. Makes your plane heavy and uncontrollable but it's effective.

Shouldn't this grenades fly more in bow - first going up at an angle of about 30? and then again going down?

I noticed in FB/AEP that it's going more or less straight - shouldn't that be changed?

What do you think?

WildeSau

WildeSau
12-22-2004, 02:21 PM
How many of you are using this weapon at all? I think it's a good way to break up enemy bomber formations as it was used for in real life. Makes your plane heavy and uncontrollable but it's effective.

Shouldn't this grenades fly more in bow - first going up at an angle of about 30? and then again going down?

I noticed in FB/AEP that it's going more or less straight - shouldn't that be changed?

What do you think?

WildeSau

Fennec_P
12-22-2004, 02:28 PM
They do seem to shoot at an extreme upward angle, though I don't know if its 30 degrees.

When firing them point blanc (I know you're not supposed to, but more effective this way), I find myself using the uppermost hash mark on the gunsight to aim. Not sure what exact inclination that indicates.

I might use them more, but the same planes that carry the werfer grenate can carry 30mm cannons instead, and save the extreme drag. The multi-rocket racks on the russian planes are a lot more effective, IMO.

Though, if you could jettison the empty tubes afterward, they might be more attractive. Otherwise, it's like flying with an anchor, and an easy target for enemy fighters.