PDA

View Full Version : The new unblockable attack issue and the developers

TheWilliamBlack
12-03-2018, 11:33 AM
For the last few week, I have been noticing that for some reason, I can't block or parry the most basic attacks. Throughout season 6 and 7 I had a lot of gameplay experience, and I was pretty used to the basic attacks, but recently it's just making me think I am losing my skills. But as I read in these forums, this issue also has occurred to many other players, which made me think : ,,how is this even an issue?''. Blocking and parrying are one of the most important game mechanics in this game, and it's broken. I am so sick of seeing the developers absolutely fail in what they are doing, and the laughing it off or adding a new emote that costs 7000 steel. God this is stupid.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-04-2018, 05:14 AM
I think it's kinda like the IT department at my work. If it's not completely broken they won't fix it. It's kinda funny because if you even mention some minor issue to maintenance it's usually fixed the next day. Now you might say, "what about the major issues with maintenance?" There are none because they "maintain" the building in pristine condition.

DARTHWANGER
12-04-2018, 10:22 PM
It's not just you, in the latest update the graphics were sharpened, but also resulted in slightly more skipping frames, so even basic heavy attacks sometimes just go through your blocks. This is most apparent with faster characters or ones with infinite chain combos. Once you miss one block, the rest of the attacks go right through with no chance. I tested this out many times on PS4 where I would just focus on blocking an opponent in Dominion to see what percentage of blocks I could make while controlling a zone. Only about 25% of my blocks were actually registering even when I had the marker in the proper position before a simple heavy attack! If the opponent soft feinted from heavy to a different direction, it was nearly impossible to block because the transition was too slow. This also happens many times with GB and Counter GB where I would press GB first and then somehow the opponent would GB me. They would even GB me right through light attacks. After a while it just becomes light spam since blocking seems to not be reliable and almost like RNG. That's why this game has devolved in to light & un-blockable spam since blocking & parrying seems to have little to no effect. Keep in mind this is much worse when opponents are running over 50 ms ping. I can usually tell which team will win based on overall ping time and usually it is the laggiest player on top with the most kills. It's very frustrating for many players and not a game based on skill, but on bad connection and whoever can get on the offensive first spamming light attacks.

iAlwaysL0se
12-05-2018, 03:29 PM
In b4 "get gud, gaem is fine" comments.

I've been playing this golden turd of since the first alpha test. I've played between PC and console and experienced every gameplay change between both platforms. The differences in core gameplay (Block, dodge, parry, GB, etc) is sometimes not too noticeable and at other times is like night and day.

Blocking: On PC, blocking light spam and fainted attacks to other directions comes fairly easy. I have seen many cases though happening to me and to my opponent of seeing attacks go right through someones guard and it's almost always a heavy attack. Sometimes this is due to lag when I look at peoples latency and other times its not as it happens against bots. You can physically see your opponent block the attack and somehow some frames skip and your attack hits them instead.
On console this seems to just be a part of the gameplay because it happens so friggin often it's ridiculous, it's what drove me to move to PC. That and just playing a reaction based game at 30fps wasn't as fun (yes those extra frames make a huge difference). Blocking an attack is like praying for a miracle at times. you switch guard to catch the attack, you see your guard switch (using a non assassin as well), you see the indicator in the right direction and nope! You didn't block but that next attack in the same direction is blocked perfectly. It's not very consistent at all and forget about blocking Orochis L, L, L combo consistently on console because of this very reason. If you don't guess the next direction and already have your guard there, you're eating every hit. PC I can parry and shut down those lights like its child's play, console it's just no lol.

Parrying: On PC, this also seems fine but can bug out with latency were you see your character start the animation for a parry but instead you eat the hit. This happens frequently in Xv1 vs 1v1 and may have something to do with hit indicators and taking attacks from multiple directions.
On console again, this happens frequently weather or not your are Xv1 or in 1v1, you go for a parry, see your character go for the parry animation and you just eat the hit.

Counter GB- this is just **** on console. On pc i can CGB consistently and rarely miss one. On console, fuggetaboutit. I have had so many instances of a CGB not executing it's ridiculous and it feels like it's an input lag issue that has been there since the game launched. I've tested this with a friend before and I'll CGB 4-5 in a row and then suddenly one just slips through and I don't deflect, same timing and it just doesn't register. It's like when Flicker used to be a thing, button inputs are just missed sometimes for no reason. Same goes with feinting an attack, you hit the heavy and then button to cancel and the cancel doesn't happen and you just throw out a heavy.. stupidly annoying. There's no consistency, but when it is there, it's amazing and it feels solid. When it's not its just annoying.

MrBeave
12-05-2018, 03:51 PM
It's not just you, in the latest update the graphics were sharpened, but also resulted in slightly more skipping frames, so even basic heavy attacks sometimes just go through your blocks. This is most apparent with faster characters or ones with infinite chain combos. Once you miss one block, the rest of the attacks go right through with no chance. .

THIS! Aramusha is suddenly hard for me to deal with now. Shaman as well (she can pull off some looooooong-*** chains). Luckily Shinobi has such little health.

DARTHWANGER
12-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Yes, especially vs Aramusha, Bezerker, & Conquerer, their infinite chained attacks literally just go right through my blocks even when they are in the proper direction not event trying to parry and then even when I do manage to block an attack like the top light from Aramusha, they just keep continuing their infinite chain like nothing happened and this is what is extremely frustrating for most players. Forget about Shaman, Shinobi, Valkyrie and Orochi since they can just land their first hit and GB right through your light attacks many times. Even when I try to dodge it seems like it doesn't register especially against the Valk's sweep, which I know is coming from a mile away. The only thing you can do is unlock and roll away.

DARTHWANGER
12-05-2018, 11:45 PM
In b4 "get gud, gaem is fine" comments.

I've been playing this golden turd of since the first alpha test. I've played between PC and console and experienced every gameplay change between both platforms. The differences in core gameplay (Block, dodge, parry, GB, etc) is sometimes not too noticeable and at other times is like night and day.

Blocking: On PC, blocking light spam and fainted attacks to other directions comes fairly easy. I have seen many cases though happening to me and to my opponent of seeing attacks go right through someones guard and it's almost always a heavy attack. Sometimes this is due to lag when I look at peoples latency and other times its not as it happens against bots. You can physically see your opponent block the attack and somehow some frames skip and your attack hits them instead.
On console this seems to just be a part of the gameplay because it happens so friggin often it's ridiculous, it's what drove me to move to PC. That and just playing a reaction based game at 30fps wasn't as fun (yes those extra frames make a huge difference). Blocking an attack is like praying for a miracle at times. you switch guard to catch the attack, you see your guard switch (using a non assassin as well), you see the indicator in the right direction and nope! You didn't block but that next attack in the same direction is blocked perfectly. It's not very consistent at all and forget about blocking Orochis L, L, L combo consistently on console because of this very reason. If you don't guess the next direction and already have your guard there, you're eating every hit. PC I can parry and shut down those lights like its child's play, console it's just no lol.

Parrying: On PC, this also seems fine but can bug out with latency were you see your character start the animation for a parry but instead you eat the hit. This happens frequently in Xv1 vs 1v1 and may have something to do with hit indicators and taking attacks from multiple directions.
On console again, this happens frequently weather or not your are Xv1 or in 1v1, you go for a parry, see your character go for the parry animation and you just eat the hit.

Counter GB- this is just **** on console. On pc i can CGB consistently and rarely miss one. On console, fuggetaboutit. I have had so many instances of a CGB not executing it's ridiculous and it feels like it's an input lag issue that has been there since the game launched. I've tested this with a friend before and I'll CGB 4-5 in a row and then suddenly one just slips through and I don't deflect, same timing and it just doesn't register. It's like when Flicker used to be a thing, button inputs are just missed sometimes for no reason. Same goes with feinting an attack, you hit the heavy and then button to cancel and the cancel doesn't happen and you just throw out a heavy.. stupidly annoying. There's no consistency, but when it is there, it's amazing and it feels solid. When it's not its just annoying.

Yep Counter GB sometimes feels so random on PS4 and what frustrates me the most is when you are attacking an opponent and they just GB right through your attacks like nothing. This has happened so many times vs Lawbringers and Warlords where I'm chaining a combo of my own and they just suddenly GB me out of nowhere and throw me a mile away often off a ledge or in to an environmental hazard! This is such complete BS I almost have to laugh!

Ubiflowessence
12-05-2018, 11:49 PM
I agree. Blocking/parrying are important mechanics in a game and I know the team is looking at blocking/parrying animations. I've seen different responses from the community when it comes to parrying/blocking. Some players think the animations are little off, while others think the attacks are unblockables.

Can you tell me what specifically you guys are experiencing when blocking/parrying against other warriors. For example, when DARTHWANGER mentioned infinite chain attacks going right through his blocks, what is most frustrating about that happening? And how does something like that impact the overall enjoyment of the game?

Devils-_-legacy
12-06-2018, 12:20 AM
I agree. Blocking/parrying are important mechanics in a game and I know the team is looking at blocking/parrying animations. I've seen different responses from the community when it comes to parrying/blocking. Some players think the animations are little off, while others think the attacks are unblockables.

Can you tell me what specifically you guys are experiencing when blocking/parrying against other warriors. For example, when DARTHWANGER mentioned infinite chain attacks going right through his blocks, what is most frustrating about that happening? And how does something like that impact the overall enjoyment of the game?

Its all of the things you mention the issues stack with each other there's been videos off a defending hero stuck in parry animation well the defender doesn't get affected but its normally due to high lag and a group fight frequently using unblockables causes your guard to disappear as a defending hero.

I can't tell if your serious but when that happens no one is going to enjoy being punished for correctly reacting to the attack even though its probably due to lag it takes away the purpose of guard in the first place.

DARTHWANGER
12-08-2018, 08:17 AM

Yes, usually when I manage to block an attack, it interrupts an infinite chain. Against Aramusha I'll just hold up to block the top light which I know is coming after a side light. Against a Bezerker or Conquerer, if I get hit by a side light I usual block the next light attack from the opposite direction and usually this will interrupt their infinite chain. What happens more often than not now is that either the block won't register, or it does and their infinite chain just keeps going continuously through all of my blocks even when I am holding on the proper direction. After about 5 continuous hits all i can do is disengage till away and retreat. This is what is frustrating and not fun to play.

rasi777125
12-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Yes this Game is so Frustrierte, wehn you hafe luck the Zoneattack koms out but to 80% she komms not, this Game is so defektet ,bleas go down wiht the Server. This Game its only Bul.....☠👹

Inzzane_79
12-10-2018, 12:23 PM
Yes this Game is so Frustrierte, wehn you hafe luck the Zoneattack koms out but to 80% she komms not, this Game is so defektet ,bleas go down wiht the Server. This Game its only Bul.....☠��

Damn bro, learn how to use Google translator