PDA

View Full Version : My Assasin's Creed experience ruined.

Goze211
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
After many hours playing through the game, and enjoying it for the most part, I can't win the fight where you confront Richard and his right hand man at the end. I'm surrounded by 10 soldiers and have tried every technique and and have read every suggestion for counter attack, counter grab, etc. Can't do it. I'm 40 and have played games since I was 5 so I'm not completely inept. I have 10 functioning fingers and thumbs. I can't understand how a game like this gets made; so beautiful, so complex, and then so ultimately unfulfilling because the seemingly tacked on difficulty leaves you in a state of controller-throwing frustration. For the love of all things holy can you make the GD game finishable for a normal effing person? I've tried to win this fight for about an hour and a half and I'm so ****ed right now I could spit. Thanks Ubisoft.

Goze211
02-01-2009, 04:39 PM
After many hours playing through the game, and enjoying it for the most part, I can't win the fight where you confront Richard and his right hand man at the end. I'm surrounded by 10 soldiers and have tried every technique and and have read every suggestion for counter attack, counter grab, etc. Can't do it. I'm 40 and have played games since I was 5 so I'm not completely inept. I have 10 functioning fingers and thumbs. I can't understand how a game like this gets made; so beautiful, so complex, and then so ultimately unfulfilling because the seemingly tacked on difficulty leaves you in a state of controller-throwing frustration. For the love of all things holy can you make the GD game finishable for a normal effing person? I've tried to win this fight for about an hour and a half and I'm so ****ed right now I could spit. Thanks Ubisoft.

KerovinBlack
02-01-2009, 04:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goze211:
After many hours playing through the game, and enjoying it for the most part, I can't win the fight where you confront Richard and his right hand man at the end. I'm surrounded by 10 soldiers and have tried every technique and and have read every suggestion for counter attack, counter grab, etc. Can't do it. I'm 40 and have played games since I was 5 so I'm not completely inept. I have 10 functioning fingers and thumbs. I can't understand how a game like this gets made; so beautiful, so complex, and then so ultimately unfulfilling because the seemingly tacked on difficulty leaves you in a state of controller-throwing frustration. For the love of all things holy can you make the GD game finishable for a normal effing person? I've tried to win this fight for about an hour and a half and I'm so ****ed right now I could spit. Thanks Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that the one in the mountins? Yeah it took me a while too, because they keep hitting you and your life bar is disappearing quite quick, but then I've tryed to run away from them, though there isn't much space to run so I've run round in cicrcles until my life bar went up and then I've done it, hope this was any good for you and good luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

drfeelgood8849
02-01-2009, 04:54 PM
try the quick kills with the short sword.

KerovinBlack
02-01-2009, 05:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drfeelgood8849:
try the quick kills with the short sword. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I never figured out the short sword http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif

drfeelgood8849
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM
the quick kills you have to do faster and the counters you have to do slower.

KerovinBlack
02-01-2009, 05:11 PM
hmmm *thinks* I'm goin to have to play it again I guess http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

drfeelgood8849
02-01-2009, 05:20 PM
thats the spirit!

BladeInCrowd
02-02-2009, 10:26 AM
I apologise if I sound like I'm boasting, I'm not.

I did it first time, althought I'd say it was challeging, not too hard. It's a matter of waiting for the knights ot attack, the counter, grab a few, counter-grab and strike. Worked for me first time. You should learn to counter and counter-grab, it's awesome.

TBH, I don't think I could have go so far without counter. It's a life-saver! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

katz_bg
02-02-2009, 04:07 PM
How difficult fighting is depends on what you're playing on/with. if you're playing on a console it's easy to master the controls.
if on the pc, then I suggest you find a cheap gamepad. they have imitation ps2 gamepads for pc in some stores for 10

with it it's much more comfortable for the PoP games on the PC as well.

EchoSixSpy
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
You should try taking on the last few missions while just using the hidden blade to kill everyone.

I don't mean sneaking up on them... I'm talking about being fully aggressive and having ten or more guards around you and you ONLY use the hidden blade to fight with.

THAT'S hard. That takes a bit of trial and error. It took me a while to perfect that, but it can be done.

I don't LIKE doing it... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif The short sword is my favorite. Actually, switching between the short sword and the hidden blade is the most fun.

mclovin889
02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
try to run and kill some one they then do the same when you realize you will have all your enemies will be dead.

Archetype_Zero
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Oh man, i had a ton of trouble with this battle too. I thought i'd never win it. And when i did finally kill all the soldiers, De Sable killed me himself and i had to try again and again.

Here's a few things that helped me.

1. During the beginning of the fight with all the soldiers, grab A LOT. The reason is, even if it fails and they counter-grab you and toss you to the ground, you don't lose any sync from failing, and can actually buy you some time to heal. If you successfully grab and throw them to the ground, this is also good because it makes the battle a little less cluttered and easier to concentrate for a few seconds.

2. Don't actually attack at all. Ever. (aside from the grab i just mentioned). Wait with your guard down, and when one attacks, quickly raise your guard and counter. the key to this is just making sure your guard is down when they attack, otherwise they'll just knock your sword to the side and get a free hit.

trying to figure out who's gonna attack is the hard part. I actually kinda blur my eyes a little and just wait for movement.

3. This one's important. LET yourself get cornered, NEVER surrounded. Try not to let them attack from behind, because then not only do you need to raise your guard and counter, but you also need to press in the direction they are attacking...and it's just a hassle. So, do the grab trick on whatever soldier is closest to a "wall" (rock, mountain, whatever) or on whatever soldier is behind you, and let yourself be cornered so that you only have to focus in front of you.

4. Once you're down to just a few of them, if you're low on sync, you can sorta run in circles (or more like a crooked square or something) around the battlefield, and as long as you keep them behind you while you're running, they shouldn't be able to hit you. This allows you to heal, but it takes a long time.

If you actually get a good distance away from them, and you have a couple seconds, you can actually switch to your shortblade and toss some throwing knives at them and pick a couple off from far away. I don't recommend trying this if there's a lot of them though. Once they catch up, repeat the previous steps.

5. Now for De Sable. DO NOT attack this guy. It's pretty pointless, i don't think i've ever landed a hit on him. He just counters/blocks everything. Keep in mind that you can use the grab trick on him too. He'll almost always counter-grab you, but that's ok because it buys you some time to heal for a second.

Basically, use the same strategy on him as the other guys. Stand with your guard down, and when he attacks, raise your guard and then immediately counter. It will take several times. Don't bother trying to kill him with the throwing knives, i unloaded all of them on him once, i'm not sure why but it doesn't seem to phase him at all.

Note also that if you can manage to luck out and throw him down with grab, you can switch to your hidden blade real quick and either press x (on PS3...whatever the move-forward or "dodge" button is i think) repeatedly until you're at him, and if he's still on the ground when you get to him, you can instantly assassinate him since the hidden blade can't miss or be countered while the target is on the ground.

Holy crap, i can't believe i typed that much. Ok, lemme sum this up real quick.

Grab soldiers to clear a path or gain health. Corner yourself. Don't attack, stand defenseless until they attack, then as soon as they do, guard and counter. When in trouble, run away to allow sync to refill. Grab De Sable and allow him to counter-grab so you can gain health (grabs are a win-win move). Never attack him, stand defenseless until he attacks, then guard+counter

I really hope some of this helped. Sometimes people don't fully explain what they mean. For a long time i didn't realize that i couldn't simply counter anymore because of their move that knocks your sword to the side) so i tried to go into some detail. Good luck

Monkey_9
02-17-2009, 03:44 AM
Just kill the bastards!
Attack when they do, and hit the **** out of them!
Keep moving while defending, and attack. Counter when they strike you, and do not be afraid. Act when you realy see the attack, and dodge when the attack is slow.

(to be honest, first time i just gave up, i just could not win, i died and died and died and ****, and came back the other day.)
After playing from start a few times, you know what you have to practice.
Finished the 8th time a few days ago..
Start new in a few days.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Just cann't get enough of this game!

muniout
02-17-2009, 04:36 PM
My tip is, use the hiden sword, as someone have said, at the begining it's hard and needs good timing, but it's the fastest way to finish combats as it only needs one hit to kill one enemy.
Wait for the guards to atack an counter them, if they don't atack at all, grab and stab when they are lying on the ground, or pay attention on wich of them are scared, taking a break, threating you, etc... and kill them.
It's easier than it sounds.

KZarr
02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Why is everyone having trouble with the combat. The fighting in this game was easier than the horse riding.

drfeelgood8849
02-18-2009, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
Why is everyone having trouble with the combat. The fighting in this game was easier than the horse riding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i agree.

dontos
03-01-2009, 05:25 PM
I became so frustrated and bored with the final battles and my carpel tunnel syndrome started acting up again, so I cheated. I downloaded a trainer which allowed me to kill NPCs without them fighting back. Even that was tiring! Also was able to kill them by pressing a single button and magically shooting the NPCs in the air and having them fall to their deaths. Ubi over did it in the difficulty department on this one. Should have had an option to lower the difficulty.

KZarr
03-02-2009, 05:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dontos:
I became so frustrated and bored with the final battles and my carpel tunnel syndrome started acting up again, so I cheated. I downloaded a trainer which allowed me to kill NPCs without them fighting back. Even that was tiring! Also was able to kill them by pressing a single button and magically shooting the NPCs in the air and having them fall to their deaths. Ubi over did it in the difficulty department on this one. Should have had an option to lower the difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*****SPOILER*****

Learn to use the hidden-blade. 1 counter = Al-Mualim dead

*****END OF SPOILER AND POST*****

Breieden
04-13-2009, 04:39 PM
If your talking about the funeral, then you have to take out the archers and a few obnoxiouse(sp?) guards (they WILL attack from behind..... the cowards.....) and get to your main target. He's a match for Altair, so be carefull. your best bet is up on the roofs. Good luck! and just a tip for when ya gotta destress: enter the kingdom and get a fast horse(blacks, most are the best of the lot) and get chased by some guards in the ravine (in the bottom of the map: the path that closes in (on the left). jump accross the ravine with your horse and kill the templar. the guards are too stupid to even follow you up the ravine (******s.....). you'll have to gallop through the two guards at either side of the path that goes up the rock-shelf thing. not <STRIKE>too</STRIKE> hard to shake 'em. you can have an entire legion after you and they won't follow. the idiots..... if you break their line of site that is. helps me anyways...... might work for you......... just gotta try is all...... ^.^

An_Idea
04-13-2009, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Goze211:
After many hours playing through the game, and enjoying it for the most part, I can't win the fight where you confront Richard and his right hand man at the end. I'm surrounded by 10 soldiers and have tried every technique and and have read every suggestion for counter attack, counter grab, etc. Can't do it. I'm 40 and have played games since I was 5 so I'm not completely inept. I have 10 functioning fingers and thumbs. I can't understand how a game like this gets made; so beautiful, so complex, and then so ultimately unfulfilling because the seemingly tacked on difficulty leaves you in a state of controller-throwing frustration. For the love of all things holy can you make the GD game finishable for a normal effing person? I've tried to win this fight for about an hour and a half and I'm so ****ed right now I could spit. Thanks Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just use hella counters and maybe even the hidden blade cause then the counters are all fatal 100% of the time

dontos
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
You are not alone my friend. I had to give up and resort to installing and running a "trainer" in order to finish the game. A trainer is a cheating program that runs simultaneously with the game. However, this option is only available for PC and DX10. Just do a search for "assassin's creed trainer".

Ubi definitely over did it on the difficulty. Not allowing players to save their progress whenever they want to just exacerbated this problem.

Trying to play through this game will give a person carpal tunnel syndrome if nothing else will!