PDA

View Full Version : lag

JackGALLO
09-29-2005, 01:47 AM
can you guys please tell me if there is online lag for any of you all the time?? when i played halo 2 everything was fine, but UC2 all the time i lagged because i live in singapore. will peopple far away have lag or will it be like halo 2?

JackGALLO
09-29-2005, 01:47 AM
can you guys please tell me if there is online lag for any of you all the time?? when i played halo 2 everything was fine, but UC2 all the time i lagged because i live in singapore. will peopple far away have lag or will it be like halo 2?

foetus_head
09-29-2005, 02:08 AM
I havent got Live yet but everybody is saying that it is alright UNLESS you get someone on a slow dialup connection joining the game, in which case it all goes to hell.

Im sure you will be able to join some Singapore or Australian servers that will suit you better.

JackGALLO
09-29-2005, 05:20 AM
but there aren't any lol... UC2 i couldn't play because lag, while other games such as halo 2 didn't have any lag..

so my question is:

Lag in this game is because person from away from host or because slow connection?

Logantm
09-29-2005, 06:19 AM
one halo2 has been out for a year, and two ubi can fix it!!

TangoKomando
09-29-2005, 06:53 AM
The reason you lagged so badly in UC2 isnt cause of your connection or any one elses, it was because that game was horrendously optimized for live, in fact the only way you wouldnt get lag was if you set the room to 4 players, and then it ran smoothly,but any more than that and boom, lagtacular!
I know they actually only a few months back brought out a (a very large) auto-update to sort out the problem, and that was more than 6 months after launch. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Old Man Phidave
09-29-2005, 08:33 AM
There is lag...alot of lag...that is...until you find someone with a good server. Once you are in a good, solid server the game is phenominal in MP.