PDA

View Full Version : Key Code to disk recognition. Game will not Launch.

Preymantis
03-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Hello Everyone. Installed the game fine, entered the key code, Would not launch. Contacted Ubisoft techs, they're working on it. hopefully yours is working fine. Techs discovered that they're key code is the same as mine. For a long shot took it back to the store, got another game, same key code as well. That disk wouldnt run either. Let me know if anyone is suffering with the same proplem. P.S for S_its and giggles my install key code is MM6LP-ASGAF-N4T5A-VJ9TV-MR***, Im not giving the last three, just in case of copy right law, but if your code resembles it let me know.

Preymantis
03-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Hello Everyone. Installed the game fine, entered the key code, Would not launch. Contacted Ubisoft techs, they're working on it. hopefully yours is working fine. Techs discovered that they're key code is the same as mine. For a long shot took it back to the store, got another game, same key code as well. That disk wouldnt run either. Let me know if anyone is suffering with the same proplem. P.S for S_its and giggles my install key code is MM6LP-ASGAF-N4T5A-VJ9TV-MR***, Im not giving the last three, just in case of copy right law, but if your code resembles it let me know.

Kede707
03-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the post. I thought I was the only one with a problem. Yes, I cannot launch the game because it says the install key code is invalid or misspelled but I have confirmed the code multiple time. I hope they sort this out soon. I am sooo looking foreward to playing the game.

stevenalpert
03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
At first I had the same problem. I was entering both lines of the install keycode. If yours is like mine, there are two lines listed. Enter only the first line! 25 Characters not counting the dashes. Good luck!

erich1973
03-16-2005, 09:43 PM
I am having the same problem. I only entered the top line. It still doesn't work. Funny, I was able to start the game one time. Yet, later I tried restarting it and it gave me the same error again. I still can't get it to work. ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Preymantis
03-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks, I entered the top line, still a no go. thanks anyway!

JavDog
03-16-2005, 11:34 PM
Thats my friggin key code!

LOL..guys if your dvd drive seems to run forever when it verifies the disk....just let it. I also tried just inserting the disk and letting the autorun screen load where you can select play....it does take a while for it to scan the dvd rom. I had 1 CTD, and the second try I thought it locked up...but eventually it read it and worked. Hope it helps.

blue_76
03-16-2005, 11:36 PM
hmmm.. make sure u enter the code without dashes '-'

valpospe
03-17-2005, 01:42 AM
same key here too. I entered it with the dashes and mine is working fine.

Gbucket
03-17-2005, 02:49 AM
If you're having problems with your key codes please contact the support team (http://www.ubireg.com/uk/) as they are the only ones who can help you.

wingtip59
03-17-2005, 03:40 AM
have you guys read all the other threads on this issue?? as i fixed my "invalid key" problem eventually......

timat13flers
03-17-2005, 04:14 AM
The reason for the long DVD pause is that the latest version of Starforce tries to activate any disabled IDE channels.

TexasTacco
03-17-2005, 05:45 AM
Guys - same for me. I have the same code btw.

Ugh - this is sad.

I sent my dxdiag to them via the support site. What a hassle.

Hate to say it - but if (NOTE I SAID IF) Starforce is part of the prob in this case....this protection garbage hurts the honest people more than the pirates. UGH.

Ubi pls look into this.

oscar0072004
03-17-2005, 10:15 AM
I have the same **** problem! i have a different key code then listed here though . gonna try it without dashes this time . I can believe that after waiting 2 years for this game the copy protection stope me from playing the game . UBI what a shame what a shame.

Krycek1972
03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
I dont even get to the key code part. I get a protection system error, Insert the SILENT HUNTER III PC DVD disc into the drive and press "Retry".

Its not even attempting to read the disc from the looks of things.

Reinstalled, cleaned off starforce, rebooted, nothing works. Tried a second SH3 disc I have, still nothing.

I have an NEC-3520 and a NEC-3500 DVD writer and it wont work on either but im not sure they are the problem as the disc isnt spinning up on the protection verification.

tycho4511
03-17-2005, 05:31 PM
I have that key and the same problem. I can't get past the copy proetection screen. Really upsetting at this point

tycho4511
03-17-2005, 06:01 PM
I just spoke with support. The first time I entered it I used the 2nd line. They said I need to uninstall and then reinstall and only enter the 1st line.

I will try now, I hope this helps.

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
Cheers all, finally got this page to work LOL

You might of seen my other post in the general forum. Anyways the first time I loaded her up all worked. I thought great, no probs so installed the patch and then get the invalid key code error. So I thought I would uninstall and start over seeing it worked the first time but...sigh...it failed and get the same error, invalid key code. The funny thing is when I hit retry it shows the my key code that I initially put in, which tells me that the uninstall did not delete this starforce ****. I don't mind telling you all that this sucks big time. If I don't get this sorted by the end of the weekend, it is going back for a refund.

S! Drilling

hobnail
03-17-2005, 06:40 PM
My DVD has only one line of key on the front. Tried it with dashes, without...no joy.

This is the most annoying software purchase I've made in some time.

tycho4511
03-17-2005, 06:44 PM
Well tech support did me no good. I removed both the game and starforce but the code is still in the system.

This could kill the genre. Imagine how many people are less dedicated to playing the game than us Not everbody has been waiting months or years for it like us. All these people will take the game back and by an x-box game.

NOT GOOD AT ALL!

Clamps
03-17-2005, 06:49 PM
i have tried just about all night to try and get it working with no luck what so ever. tried the key code with and without -'s.

keycode i have tried is correct as well chcked it like 10000 times. just the software thing seems to think it dont match the dvd some how. waiting 5 mins for it to check the dvd aint nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Killjoy12
03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Yup - same problem here. My keycode matches yours as well. This is not cool.

Drilling_857
03-17-2005, 08:00 PM
I dislike being used, it looks like we are the guine pigs here, ubi has not used this protection in the past and yet when they release SHIII and BIA at the same time, SHIII is the one with the starforce stuff and not BIA.

Makes you say hmmm.

Killjoy12
03-17-2005, 08:23 PM
I agree. This is a huge pain. Its sad when legit. people can't use an item they paid for.

TexasTacco
03-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Shipmates -

Here's an ********update********* - guess how I got mine to work€¦€¦

I had 2 Drives

1 CDRW and a DVD-ROM.

I unplugged the CDRW.

VOILA - the disc still chugs for a bit - 20 secs€¦€¦ Then a consistent launch.

I got the idea from a post I saw that said STARFARCE tries to disable drives.

Annoying. Ubi - you really think this helps keep the pirates away (I bet the devs don't)? Come on managers - wake up.

Hope this helps all you guys. Great game - bad deployment decision w STARFARCE.

Killjoy12
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the advice Texas. But I tried your suggestion and no luck for me.

Was your key similar to ours? Seems odd that some of us have the same key. And the message it returns is about a bad key. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

TexasTacco
03-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Same Key - they prob do them in batches.

You know - I'm starting to want to make the jump to consoles due to stuff like this. So funny - I can't rememeber the last game I bought I had to open my case to troubleshoot.

I mean - every ime I run the game it reminds me of the bad experience - disc check still chugs a bit and the load times are horrible.

Killjoy12
03-18-2005, 07:48 AM
No doubt Texas. I have no plans to disable my CDRW. If that's what it takes, I'm passing on this one. I have no problems with copy protection, but I'm not making hardware changes just to play.

UberSubSinker
03-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Not sure if this will help too many folks, but the copy protection just does not like certain drives. For example, it absolutely would not work with my Pioneer DVD-113. I updated the firmware, Etc. It plays movies fine, it installed the game fine, but the copy protection/detection just sits and spins for about 5 minutes and then fails. It claims the keycode does not match the disc, but that's not the "real" error - the "real" problem is Starforce just doesn't work with that DVD drive.

Sadly, I went out and bought a brand new DVD drive (a LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM, not a burner), and it works just fine every time now.

When will game companies realize that all their copy protection just causes headaches and costs extra money for the legitimate game buyers, and really does nothing to prevent copying. I guarantee you there will be a crack for this available within a month, so what have you accomplished other than to piss off your legitimate customers?

StarForce_
03-18-2005, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Sadly, I went out and bought a brand new DVD drive (a LiteOn 16x DVD-ROM, not a burner), and it works just fine every time now.

When will game companies realize that all their copy protection just causes headaches and costs extra money for the legitimate game buyers, and really does nothing to prevent copying. I guarantee you there will be a crack for this available within a month, so what have you accomplished other than to piss off your legitimate customers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What for you'v got a new drive m8?
If you decided to ask UBI support they would help you in easy way, and you would saved your money, nerves and time.

PS Just in case:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=7571043392
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=5631055392
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=2231006392
Its all from Brother in Arms support forum - SafeDisk4 - same problems, but already cracked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Drilling_857
03-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Well guys, I have a samsung read only and the game ran on the initial install(key code excepted) but after that it will not run again(key code error).

I did a complete uninstall then ran the starforce uninstaller then ran scandisk then shutdown-restart and then a fresh install and it will not read the keycode anymore.

This is absolutly rediculous and I am not going to buy another DVD player or start disconnecting other components in the 'hopes' mind you, that it will work.

UBI better get a fix for this ASAP before they have alot of(in a martian voice)...."YOU ARE MAKING ME VERRY ANGRY....VERRY ANGRY INDEED"...group of players here.

I have already spent way to much time trying to get this to work. And the most frustrating thing is it worked once...man what a tease!!

wolfh2o
03-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Looks like I'm in the same boat http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Just got the game and it won't accept my key. Sent the info to Ubi, and now I guess I wait...this is fun...strange thing I have another game with starforce that works fine, but SH3...nope http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

hobnail
03-18-2005, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarForce_:
If you decided to ask UBI support they would help you in easy way, and you would saved your money, nerves and time.

PS Just in case:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=7571043392
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=5631055392
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=7961032962&m=2231006392
Its all from Brother in Arms support forum - SafeDisk4 - same problems, but already cracked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So...does this mean Starforce works with all drives or not. Didn't answer that one. I suspect the easy-solution you speak of is a new exe, supplied by UBI to end users, which has ****force disabled as they know that it has demonstrated and known hardware issues with drives that number in the tens of thousands in the community.

Secondly pointing out that a competitors product has the same problem doesn't get around the fact that yours does. It's like selling a car saying "features industry-standard quick igniting fuel tanks" is a feature...

Mashiki_a
03-18-2005, 08:38 PM
Don't flame me. I've got the same key the game works...nasty problem tho. I was kinda livid when I picked it up tonight and saw I had the same key.

Sounds like Ubi and SF are going to have to get together and redo the driver sublayer for this.

For information I'm using:
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4081B as primary
HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B as a secondary
both of those are connected to my Primary IDE controler. Intel 82801B UATA

My 3 HDD's are connected to a Promise Ultra 133 TX2 now.

Maybe that will help someone out. Who can say.

wolfh2o
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StarForce_:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I guess you win. I want to play this game too bad to take it back and say FU so I'm going to have to buy a new DVD drive because your **** won't run in my drive for whatever reason.

Starforce has/will cost me money, nerves, and time...and then we have cheeky bastards like you in here patronizing us. I won't need it but I will have a nice big smile whenever I see a crack released for this, not smiling because pirates will be able to play but just sheer satisfaction that you have failed.

aroosendaal
03-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Hi I had the same problem i have a pioneer d 115 drive when i installed it from this drive it told I had the wrong key, luckily i also had a NEC dvdrw drive and i could install the game from this drive. This kind of copy protection is crazy, I read some people had to buy new dvd drives just to get it playing! It makes you wonder if this kind of protection isn't hurting future sales more then protection for pirating. I for sure will think twice to buy a game with such a crappy starforce protection system. Come ubi you can do better than this. The support said that there are incompatibility problems with dvddrives and this protection program. So just a case ofbad luck if you have this, It's insane just to buy new hardware to get a game running. Good luck for those with problems, if you get it to play the game is worth it best subsim ever

Major-Wes
03-19-2005, 07:17 AM
I agree with wolf, I will try to get this game fixed. But I will smirk to see in about, a few weeks, a crack for this game for all to enjoy!

Then mabe you will realise that there is NO way to stop pirates, they will get in, and I may be forced to use pirating if poor help is given to this problem.

Good game, Terrible decision to not beta test.

Wes

Nin-Urta
03-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Just installed the game...

When I launch the game I get the 'Protection System' 'Checking Disc' window, the bar fills and then the window just disappears... thats it! WOW! Nice trick, but not worth "35,-...

Preymantis
03-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey Fellas, Well! Im completely exhausted! Donloaded-reloaded, deleted the star force bulls**t, updated the firmware on my DVD, installed the latest patch, rebooted, deleted the reg, any file associated with orriginal install, to delete any previous proplems, BLAH BLAH BLAH, you get the picture, Took it back to the store today, Got "Brother In Arms" And Guess what! IT WORKS FOR GOD SAKE. really wanted to play SILENT HUNTER III waited a long time. Who was the JackA** who employed Starforce, or whoever came up with that error ridden copy right/password scheme. Oh well. good Luck to all anyway!