PDA

View Full Version : People complain about "turtle" meta so ubi listened

DarkNeonNova
12-02-2018, 12:03 AM
Not the best player nor the worst, somewhere in the middle. Played about 50 games an 7 were "normal" fights, won some an lost some games, an it was an unenjoyable time. Didn't matter what character it was, all they threw was lights an an occasional guard break. Wow really fun right? No such thing as a "turtle" meta, people are just good at blocking, stop being mentally deficient. I just sit there an block an once there out of stam they ran an repeat, I got a few light parries. But still throw a heavy an let it fly or feint it into something or actually play the characters kit. I know it doesn't affect the top players because there are on aderral or something. But it screws a bit with the higher middle an lower skill base. I just wanna know if people are experiencing the same s**t. I think it was bad on ubisoft part to make lights faster, what you think? I know ubi can't appease everyone an I understand that, but I just more variety then light, light, light, guard break, light, oh s**t I'm out of stam, dash back, dash back, full stam, repeat. I became a highlander main just to counter strike everytime I go against someone who just throw lights an I'm starting to really good at it. I waiting to hear some of your opinions, an some funny criticisms.

Psykhozis
12-02-2018, 01:50 AM
i feel you man. this game is pure skill and people tend to whine all the time. the devs still should do some tweaks here and there, but every hero is pretty well balanced. its just mind games, and feints. i beat good conquerors even with a peacekeeper. same not the best not the worst. its just pure skill and mind games

MumfordDaHound
12-02-2018, 05:09 AM
Hero's are not balanced... some hero's are far and away better than others. Wu Lin laps most of the old cast in their kits.

The_Sun_Danc3
12-02-2018, 08:15 AM
i feel you man. this game is pure skill and people tend to whine all the time. the devs still should do some tweaks here and there, but every hero is pretty well balanced. its just mind games, and feints. i beat good conquerors even with a peacekeeper. same not the best not the worst. its just pure skill and mind games

Id love to see you play peacekeeper in a platinum ranked match and beat a conqueror 🤣. You know what, Id settle for a mid gold ranked match
(I did get into plat this season playing peacekeeper, but I also had to work twice as hard)
Even to our mind game as a peacekeeper in this season is incredibly difficult compared to every other character. Shes now got the lowest pick rate across the board for a reason.

UbiInsulin
12-03-2018, 08:08 PM
The defensive/turtle meta was more of a thing before the parry changes we made (specifically to address that meta). I don't see many people use the term anymore.

I’d love to see you play peacekeeper in a platinum ranked match and beat a conqueror ��. You know what, I’d settle for a mid gold ranked match
(I did get into plat this season playing peacekeeper, but I also had to work twice as hard)
Even to our mind game as a peacekeeper in this season is incredibly difficult compared to every other character. She’s now got the lowest pick rate across the board for a reason.

PK's definitely being looked at, she was probably over-nerfed.

escarvalho
12-03-2018, 08:12 PM
At rainbow six siege , ubi need events giving a uniform kit ! Its going to be cool .
P.s im brazilian ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

UbiInsulin
12-03-2018, 10:05 PM
At rainbow six siege , ubi need events giving a uniform kit ! Its going to be cool .
P.s im brazilian ;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

You may want to ask about that over here!: https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/64-Rainbow-Six . :)

The_Sun_Danc3
12-03-2018, 10:53 PM
The defensive/turtle meta was more of a thing before the parry changes we made (specifically to address that meta). I don't see many people use the term anymore.

PK's definitely being looked at, she was probably over-nerfed.

Its not just an over nerf though. I mean I was watching old clips I had and yeah she did a crazy amount of damage when I put sharpen blades on (I also had my gear kitted to do almost 25% more attack damage though) so yeah she most likely needed a damage nerf, but her stamina nerf was too much.
And if you could relay that pretty much everybody who doesnt despise her across the board is asking for her to get some kind of bash, a 50/50 or at least one unblockable.
Honestly she needs an opener more than anything. Its been said a million and one times. Shes just a worse shaman

UbiInsulin
12-03-2018, 11:10 PM
It’s not just an over nerf though. I mean I was watching old clips I had and yeah she did a crazy amount of damage when I put sharpen blades on (I also had my gear kitted to do almost 25% more attack damage though) so yeah she most likely needed a damage nerf, but her stamina nerf was too much.
And if you could relay that pretty much everybody who doesn’t despise her across the board is asking for her to get some kind of bash, a 50/50 or at least one unblockable.
Honestly she needs an opener more than anything. It’s been said a million and one times. “She’s just a worse shaman”

I can relay this feedback to the team for sure. I believe it lines up well with a few other threads I've seen.

The_Sun_Danc3
12-04-2018, 12:40 AM
I can relay this feedback to the team for sure. I believe it lines up well with a few other threads I've seen.

Thank you, Insulin.
Ive seen it in other threads and other forums. Theyre not always good ideas, but I think everybody agrees she isnt in a spot that would necessarily advocate for a more aggressive fighting meta.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
12-04-2018, 02:58 AM
Speaking from console she just needs more stamina. Her zone cancel works or top feint bleed works fine as an opener. Her counter attack should probably do more damage as risk vs reward goes. Right now if you get parried once your oos and dead when playing aggressive. Even if she does bleed someone out she has to still wait it out at close range thanks to the distance Nerf.
Her stamina perk does well to compensate though but it takes many kills to get it going.
In regards to her counter attack. It is easily parried and baited so it's damage should be on par with the risk involved of using it to make her a more rounded character...or have it faintable.

iAlwaysL0se
12-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Can we just give everyone bashes and unblockable's and soft feints and even the playing field across the board? I mean, with all the newer characters that have come out, they all have some form of a bash and or unblockable. It would be far less painful to fight certain characters if you had the same tools to fight with. Oh, and make sure they're not abusable out of lock cus that **** is beyond annoying lol. aaaaand lets make sure those bashes don't eliminate an entire stamina bar like Shugos headbutt and Cent's parry bash.

BadBOO17
12-06-2018, 07:10 AM
Id love to see you play peacekeeper in a platinum ranked match and beat a conqueror 🤣. You know what, Id settle for a mid gold ranked match
Even to our mind game as a peacekeeper in this season is incredibly difficult compared to every other character. Shes now got the lowest pick rate across the board for a reason.

Pretty much most of the heros in game will lose to a decent conq majority of the time. Its not a peacekeeper problem its a conq problem. (I play cent and now started playing lawdaddy i know your pain)