PDA

View Full Version : snobbery

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 03:38 PM
?

discuss

(page recieved in HL after i advertised a pit on ext view server in HL chat)

Not everyone wants to fly on noob settings here. Externals are for those who can't fight with full realism. It seems that Americans use this setting for some reason when the rest of the world can fly at full switch. How funny. LOL

(in short, i said [can give vebatim if asked]lotsa ppl fly lotsa stuff, all is good, stay with whatcha like, no diff in any nation/region on FR/aracde flyer ratio)

his reply:

doesn't matter. You need to undersand who your audience is when you look for sim pilots. It is a real solution for you mate, you must open your mind and stop preaching to others who youare looking for to fly in your server.

(i replied: if u would have me change my server to suit you, forget it, if anythign less than FR is a bane to u, flood HL with ur own servers..but u will find that jsut as many ppl flock to all boxes unchecked as the ywill all of them, and everything in between)

his reply:

you have no clue do you.

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 03:38 PM
?

discuss

Not everyone wants to fly on noob settings here. Externals are for those who can't fight with full realism. It seems that Americans use this setting for some reason when the rest of the world can fly at full switch. How funny. LOL

(in short, i said [can give vebatim if asked]lotsa ppl fly lotsa stuff, all is good, stay with whatcha like, no diff in any nation/region on FR/aracde flyer ratio)

his reply:

doesn't matter. You need to undersand who your audience is when you look for sim pilots. It is a real solution for you mate, you must open your mind and stop preaching to others who youare looking for to fly in your server.

(i replied: if u would have me change my server to suit you, forget it, if anythign less than FR is a bane to u, flood HL with ur own servers..but u will find that jsut as many ppl flock to all boxes unchecked as the ywill all of them, and everything in between)

his reply:

you have no clue do you.

MEGILE
08-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Name please, so I can mock his apparent ******ation.

AKA_TAGERT
08-12-2007, 03:47 PM
ROTFL

As for settings..

God Love em!

In that I have my moods.. Somethings I like FR, other time I like to check out the externals and everyones skins.

It's all good!

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
Name please, so I can mock his apparent ******ation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

MEGILE
08-12-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Megile:
Name please, so I can mock his apparent ******ation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daiichidoku:
?

discuss

his reply:

his reply:

you have no clue do you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off I would imagine this individual is pathetic no matter what setting they fly. Second do dismiss someone off as less then a man for flying arcade settings is so ridiculous Im not even going to give it much thought. But I imagine that the person leads a sheltered personal life. Third, Im an American and prefer FR settings so to even make the statement that US pilots can not fly FR is Fing ridiculous to say the least. Actually if you view the stat page of the popular FR servers you will most likely find over half the people that populate the server are from the USA. This is nothing but nation bashing in the poorest form.

The person should have said no thanks and they prefer FR settings and left it at that. To attcak someone personally for the settings they choose to fly is insane. You play this game in the way you get the most enjoyment out of it. The only thing that ever bothers me is when people feel they need to make some kind of excuse for the settings they fly. Usually stating something that has to do with how it is in real life or whatever. Stop making excuses as you have nothing to prove to anyone and fly the settings you wish. There is no right or wrong way to play the game.

That Amercian thing still has me pissed off...lol. Please tell me in PM who this idiot was. Im going to join the server I see them in and make a point to single them out. Also I would like to have a glance at their stats while Im at it.

Anyone that takes the time to setup a dedicated server is doing a very kind and valuable service for the community and should be treated as such. So a BIG S! to you Daiichidoku and please pay no attention to these pathetic and sad individuals. I have recieved PMs in HL from people who act the same way but for different situations and these are the same people that come here and put on the goody goody act for the community.

S!

stalkervision
08-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I approve of any snobbery where I am the main "snobb-er" and not the minor "snob-bie" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
tell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Buwahaha! I knew it Dii!. I dont think but two members of his squad has a positive k/d ratio on one of my favorite servers and the ones that do are still anything but stellar. I wonder how the rest of his squad would feel knowing he says such things? Either way I will be keeping a close eye out for this fella. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

S!

VW-IceFire
08-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeeshhh...

I love having options and settings and choices. If anything, IL-2 needs even more settings and choices so that dogfight servers and coops can be run with as much fine detail as possible.

Personally I love looking around at everyones planes and watching them fight or fly attack runs on ground targets...its just fun. But no skin off my nose to people who have fun with the "full real" settings either.

SeaFireLIV
08-12-2007, 04:19 PM
While I love flying on `full real` or rather, all the settings except `No Instant success` offline. I wouldn`t tell anyone on their server how their settings should be. IF I was asked my opinion I would say it is better to fly with mostly realistic settings on, but that`s my personal view.

If I don`t like it, I search for a server I like, and failing that I go offline.

DuxCorvan
08-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Not everyone wants to fly on noob settings here. Externals are for those who can't fight with full realism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://madsenblog.dk/billeder/crybaby.jpg

Rjel
08-12-2007, 04:32 PM
After all these years of IL2, it amazes me that some still seem to measure their manhood by full real switches.

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 04:33 PM
this just in, hot off the ...errr HL pager

"many here are FISC pilots, not noobs. We enjoy hard settings, not childish settings using "wonderwoman" BS. You should know better to argue with a FISC pilot."

waddya think? should i know better? should i be scared? im too stupid to be scared i guess..far too stupid easily, to argue with a FISC pilot

btw, that a typo? maybe its "FASC" pilot...that would explain a lot

SeaFireLIV
08-12-2007, 04:35 PM
As well meaning as this thread might be, I think the main pioint`s been made. Are we just gonna go on about what one guy said on HL?

He made his point, you made yours.

Nuff said.

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 04:37 PM
+ this:

FU.......

You talk your smack and then make that post. I see what your stupid game is. I will remember you.

funny thing is, i never said word #1 to him
HE sent me a page in HL out of the blue!

glad to know you will devote some of your memory and thought for me...you FR "real man" http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

mortoma
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
I rarely fly absolutely "full switch" and don't care who knows it. But I do fly with the realistic settings that really count, like realistic gunnery, limited ammo, cockpit view, limited fuel and of course realistic FM and stalls turned on. The rest are user preferences that nobody needs to be ashamed of or feel inferior about if they like them. But new
( noobs ) people should not feel ashamed of any setting at all that helps them learn. I use icons, map icons and map routes for many good reasons. Although I fly largely offline, when I do fly online I fly at whatever the server has set and dont care what it is, from full switch to total noob.

The idea is to have fun, not get into a elitist slugfest with anybody and feel loftier or more manly than others because you fly full real, only to get on a high horse and try to belittle others. How old are we anyway?? Please act like mature people. I like to use externals not to fight/cheat with but for the sheer joy of hitting F3 for an exhilarating flyby view when not fighting!!! And I use the cheat flight speed and altitude 'whatever they call it' because I don't have Track IR or any such luxury. Therefore I don't have to use my mouse to scroll down to see speed and height, which is necessary in the majority of planes. Is it the speedbar?? And I use the part that tells you when you are overheating and when you're out of ammo too. I can fly full switch if I want, I'm a former RL pilot for crying out loud! But I enjoy the game more when not totally full switch. I only care about the actualy combat and take offs and landings.

So I hardly fly full switch! Anybody wanna give me heck about it?? Anybody wanna piece of this?? I didn't think so...........

MEGILE
08-12-2007, 04:40 PM
this just in, hot off the ...errr HL pager

"many here are FISC pilots, not noobs. We enjoy hard settings, not childish settings using "wonderwoman" BS. You should know better to argue with a FISC pilot."

waddya think? should i know better? should i be scared? im too stupid to be scared i guess..far too stupid easily, to argue with a FISC pilot

btw, that a typo? maybe its "FASC" pilot...that would explain a lot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this still the original guy?

Airmail109
08-12-2007, 04:41 PM
I will single handedly shoot down and humilate the entire FISC squadron

Bring it on biatches

Dont f*** with my ubi-zoo crew homies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

MEGILE
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
haha.. you know how many squadrons are in FISC aimail?

It's not all of them

Choctaw111
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
USA and Full Real here, but I do not judge someone by whether they fly full real or not, although I do think that to master this sim you must learn to fly with ALL the realistic settings on. I just like "Full Real" because so much time has gone into this sim to make it enjoyable at Full Real settings and even then what is "Full Real" anyway. This is still just a sim. There is no fear of imminent danger or death, no extreme cold or g-forces. This is just a simulated war. No one really dies. You want full real, enlist in the service and go off to a war zone, it is not a nice place to be.

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
As well meaning as this thread might be, I think the main pioint`s been made. Are we just gonna go on about what one guy said on HL?

He made his point, you made yours.

Nuff said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah its fun. Besides morons such as this should be exposed. I do know his name now and he is PMing me on HL as I speak. If it gets out of hand a mod will lock it. And anyone is free not to view or post here.

S!

Airmail109
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
haha.. you know how many squadrons are in FISC aimail?

It's not all of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont mind 1 v 12 gangfests http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

That said, we could always have a 'wanted' list on PM

Then post videos of them or said persons getting owned on youtube

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Is this still the original guy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes..all quoted pages are the same person, my parts in brackets

Airmail109
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM

yes..all quoted pages are the same person, my parts in brackets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm going to get 24th Century on his ***!

SeaFireLIV
08-12-2007, 04:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:

I'm going to get 24th Century on his ***! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Medievel on his *** sounds better. besides, by the 24th century everyone might be pussies!

Ok, back to the main point. Daiichidoku is actually reporting this conversation on HL in realtime? As in right now?

I dunno, seems petty to me.

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aimail101:

I'm going to get 24th Century on his ***! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Medievel on his *** sounds better. besides, by the 24th century everyone might be pussies!

Ok, back to the main point. Daiichidoku is actually reporting this conversation on HL in realtime? As in right now?

I dunno, seems petty to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well....i only posted what i got at first, thought the exposure would shut him up

but then he sent a few more pages to me...and to havok, apparently, too, and those were none too polite

it MAY be petty...but as havok said, exposure of "fun fascists" is best, his kind of ignorance does nothign to further the strength of the FCS community

Choctaw111
08-12-2007, 05:05 PM
The perpetrator has a name! Not a nice fellow. I sometimes wonder if people realize the things that come out of their mouth, or, in this case their fingertips without realizing how it may affect or offend others?

Viper2005_
08-12-2007, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">?

discuss

his reply:

his reply:

you have no clue do you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well IMO this isn't especially news-worthy. It is inevitable that you will bump into idiots on the internet from time to time.

It might be quite interesting to conduct a statistical analysis of the popularity of full switch vs all other settings as a function of time over the course of for example 0000 GMT on a Thursday to 0000 GMT on a Saturday, since this would show each timezone entering the weekend in turn.

I suspect that if anything you'd see more Americans flying full switch than most other groups since flying Full Switch, especially if it's mission based, strongly favours the use of voice comms. This obviously works better if everybody on comms speaks the same language, which is more likely to happen in America than in Europe. For example I tend to fly on Warclouds in the evenings UK time because this is when I'm likely to find the most people on comms. (Yes, I realise WC isn't quite Full Switch, but I feel it's close enough given the context).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
Yeeshhh...

I love having options and settings and choices. If anything, IL-2 needs even more settings and choices so that dogfight servers and coops can be run with as much fine detail as possible.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree there. The more choices available, the fewer players will play with any given set of settings. The result of increasing the number of choices available is to either spread players more thinly (and let's face it, a swerver with 1 player isn't much fun...) or else to clump them together in groups playing a small subset of setting combinations, leaving other combinations unused. Which of course would mean that development time spent on unused settings would have been wasted...

IMO the number of "scaling" options should be minimised in order to maximise the available population for online play. Given say 4 Yes/No options we have the following possibilities

YYYY ("Full Switch")

NYYY
YNYY
YYNY
YYYN

NNYY
NYNY
NYYN
YNNY
YNYN
YYNN

NNNY
NNYN
NYNN
YNNN

NNNN ("Arcade")

That's 16 different possibilities, meaning that only 6.25% of the total online population may be expected to play with any given combination of settings. Now, I just fired up FB and saw 495 players in the FB room. That would give us about 30 players for each of those switch settings, which is enough for one reasonably popular server. Of course, as it is there are more than 4 Y/N options, and there are a lot more than 16 servers, which means that many combinations of settings are currently not very popular, and many servers are pretty empty, though of course some servers and some setting combinations are more popular than others.

DuxCorvan
08-12-2007, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
"many here are FISC pilots, not noobs. We enjoy hard settings, not childish settings using "wonderwoman" BS. You should know better to argue with a FISC pilot." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, this can't be serious. Tell me he's not an adult. Please. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Jaws2002
08-12-2007, 05:18 PM
this guy really needs a lesson in this game.

If you fly full real, good for you. But that doesn't give you the right to bash the other guy and definitely doesn't make you better.
In many cases this kind of people plain suck. I had few of this encounters during five years of playing this game and except one case, they were all really lousy virtual pilots.

SeaFireLIV
08-12-2007, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viper2005_:

I suspect that if anything you'd see more Americans flying full switch than most other groups since flying Full Switch, especially if it's mission based, strongly favours the use of voice comms. This obviously works better if everybody on comms speaks the same language, which is more likely to happen in America than in Europe. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about this point. A lot of Europeans know English as a 2nd or 3rd language. In the group I`m in we have several Squadrons of several nationalities and sometimes I fly with them. Being an ignorant Brit knowing only one language, the Europeans are usually very good in switching to english to accomodate me.

Viper2005_
08-12-2007, 05:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viper2005_:

I suspect that if anything you'd see more Americans flying full switch than most other groups since flying Full Switch, especially if it's mission based, strongly favours the use of voice comms. This obviously works better if everybody on comms speaks the same language, which is more likely to happen in America than in Europe. . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure about this point. A lot of Europeans know English as a 2nd or 3rd language. In the group I`m in we have several Squadrons of several nationalities and sometimes I fly with them. Being an ignorant Brit knowing only one language, the Europeans are usually very good in switching to english to accomodate me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I certainly agree that there are a lot of Europeans who speak excellent English and use in for online flying, but I would have thought that they represent only a subset of European online IL2 players. Therefore, the number of pilots working together on comms is likely to be lower during European primetime than US primetime; that has certainly been the experience of this monolingual Englishman.

Choctaw111
08-12-2007, 05:50 PM
With this guy talking down on people like he was some big time ace for flying "full real" I was sure that he would have had a better stats page than this. Take a look. I erased the name to protect his identity for those that don't already know it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/PublicPhotoAccount2/RudeGuysStatsPage.jpg

BrewsterPilot
08-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Tell me the name too, would ya? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
Thx! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Bearcat99
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by unmentioned clueless:
Not everyone wants to fly on noob settings here. Externals are for those who can't fight with full realism. It seems that Americans use this setting for some reason when the rest of the world can fly at full switch. How funny. LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rjel:
After all these years of IL2, it amazes me that some still seem to measure their manhood by full real switches. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen.... and then for him to say the whole bit about Americans shows just how close his eyebrows are to his colon. I have and always will say fly what you want. You paid for it. I have my preferences for my own reasons as do others, and I refuse to look down on anyone who doesn't like settings I prefer just for that reason.

BTW Choctaw.. I cant see that page you inked... thats one reason why I prefer something other than the "FR" settings that some seem to tie into their testosterone levels.

LW_lcarp
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Hmm I love the full real (its not real) arguement. fly what you want have fun and as Bearcat said "You paid for it". And for the Asshat on HL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v120/lcarp/care.bmp

tagTaken2
08-12-2007, 06:24 PM
IMHFO, "full real" and "FR" should get the same treatment as "****".
If you wish to refer to all the difficulty options on, you will be required to use "full switch".
Full real, pfft.

danjama
08-12-2007, 06:28 PM
so who is it? anyone i knw?

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-12-2007, 06:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
"many here are FISC pilots, not noobs. We enjoy hard settings, not childish settings using "wonderwoman" BS. You should know better to argue with a FISC pilot." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, this can't be serious. Tell me he's not an adult. Please. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im afraid it is an adult as he referred to me as a child. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Anyway with all this uber talk one would think that he and his squad would be some down right awesome sim pilots. But after looking at about a dozen of his squad members stats along with his on Spit vs 109 server not one of them have a positive k/d ratio. Ouch! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-12-2007, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:
so who is it? anyone i knw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Im sure Dii has pm'd you his name by now though.

buzzsaw1939
08-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Ok... I'm haveing a little trouble understanding all this, are you guys saying that this fellow thinks he's a man because he flies on real settings? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif send him over to my house, I'll warm up my plane! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Daiichidoku
08-12-2007, 06:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:

Yep, Im sure Dii has pm'd you his name by now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rgrt x2

Jaws2002
08-12-2007, 06:52 PM

Im afraid it is an adult as he referred to me as a child. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Anyway with all this uber talk one would think that he and his squad would be some down right awesome sim pilots. But after looking at about a dozen of his squad members stats along with his on Spit vs 109 server not one of them have a positive k/d ratio. Ouch! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

For some reason I'm not surprised. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

WWSensei
08-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Caution: Bragging Alert.

I've been a fighter pilot. A real one. I've seen combat.

Arguments over "full real" versus "arcade" in a $40 dollar sim game is ludicrous. Compared to reality the two are so far off the mark that the difference between them is minuscule.

If you think "full real" in the game makes you more of a pilot or more of a man than any other all you've done is prove just how small and narrow minded you truly are.

You aren't off by a measure of degrees but by a measure of several orders of magnitude.

buzzsaw1939
08-12-2007, 07:05 PM
WWSensei.... Right on! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Choctaw111
08-12-2007, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by unmentioned
BTW Choctaw.. I cant see that page you inked... thats one reason why I prefer something other than the "FR" settings that some seem to tie into their testosterone levels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know why you can't see the stats page I posted, but it is far from spectacular.

knightflyte
08-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Does Rose McGowen play full switch?

BfHeFwMe
08-12-2007, 08:10 PM
http://news2000.libero.it/img2/gallery/12/12808/2004/7/linda-carter1.jpg
Son, you can't handle Wonder Woman! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

Feathered_IV
08-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Man, I'd love to know who that fellow is. If he has a thing for the full switch servers, then there is a chance I might get to take a pip at him one day http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Skunk_438RCAF
08-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Lets play gang up!

BfHeFwMe
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah, we'll get the nearest wonder woman player to pay him a visit! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
http://www.bobrivers.com/news/images/wonder_big.JPG

Korolov1986
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
You only want to *scare* him, not *kill* him!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LEBillfish
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Said it before and pray they make it so for BoB....Yet F2/6/7 made server switchable would so kill this whole debate it is not funny....Externals for radar would be gone, and hence any legitimate gripe the full switch crowd has against externals, and makes the transition to full switch an easy one.

In the end, I'd bet a number of lighter setting servers would go to it, and also many of the full switch as there is no advantage then.

IMLTHO

p.s......Invisible cockpit + externals (cockpit always on checked no) like it or not draws it's share of arcade quake-L2 pilots....Externals allowed as well though not quite as bad, same with invisible cockpit alone with full switch least.......The excuses for any combination of switching lame. As it's not the features, it's the abuse of them.

Personally, if F2/6/7 were gone, would be all I'd fly..........Unfortunately I'm forced between 2 lesser evils....Full switch where all the visual glory of IL2 is lost, and Externals+cockpit on, having to trust the honor of those I fly with to not use F2/6/7....

Naturally in both cases you lose a little to get a little. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Crash_Moses
08-12-2007, 11:43 PM
C'mon...this person was deliberatly antagonistic. There's no way anyone who say's these things is interested in any kind of serious debate. He was just trying to flip someone's toggle switches. Shoulda just ignored him and ruin his fun.

crucislancer
08-12-2007, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:
If you think "full real" in the game makes you more of a pilot or more of a man than any other all you've done is prove just how small and narrow minded you truly are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Well said. I had a choice comment, but this says it all.

I wouldn't bother trying to gang up on this guy on the servers. It looks like he doesn't need much help getting shot down, eh?

Feathered_IV
08-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the ID http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Just to strike while the irony is hot: Isn't it a bit funny that he chose to single out our trans-Pacific/Altantic cousins for his little tirade, but he uses a Native American name for himself?

MrMojok
08-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Ah, a hint!

Well, it's not Choctaw. Hmmm... who could it be?!?!?

OD_
08-13-2007, 02:21 AM
Wonder what he thinks of War Clouds? May as well post the name...end the guessing game! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Feathered_IV
08-13-2007, 02:28 AM
OD_, your sig pic is a beauty. I'm sure Rose would agree too...

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-13-2007, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WWSensei:

Arguments over "full real" versus "arcade" in a $40 dollar sim game is ludicrous. Compared to reality the two are so far off the mark that the difference between them is minuscule.

If you think "full real" in the game makes you more of a pilot or more of a man than any other all you've done is prove just how small and narrow minded you truly are.

You aren't off by a measure of degrees but by a measure of several orders of magnitude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A real fighter pilot? Interesting indeed, what did you fly?

VMF-214_HaVoK
08-13-2007, 02:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OD_:
Wonder what he thinks of War Clouds? May as well post the name...end the guessing game! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. I dont think this is the place for that. But thats just my opinion. Now that we have had are fun I suppose we should let this thread slide to the bottom as it is starting to looking kinda silly. And Im guilty as well. Once again just my opinion.

S!

M_Gunz
08-13-2007, 03:12 AM

yes..all quoted pages are the same person, my parts in brackets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just tell him you don't need to make up for having a short d--k and no balls, like he does.

SeaFireLIV
08-13-2007, 03:46 AM
Is it me or am I seeing a certain snobbery coming from the anti-snobbery thread?

MEGILE
08-13-2007, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:
Does Rose McGowen play full switch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
But sometimes she likes a bit of wonder woman too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Blutarski2004
08-13-2007, 06:30 AM
The miracle of the web. Contact with any idiot anywhere on earth is now only a click away.

WWSensei
08-13-2007, 06:48 AM

You aren't off by a measure of degrees but by a measure of several orders of magnitude. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A real fighter pilot? Interesting indeed, what did you fly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viper.

DuxCorvan
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Viper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
http://ravensbranch.allen.com/artwork/viper.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

M_Gunz
08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blutarski2004:
The miracle of the web. Contact with any idiot anywhere on earth is now only a click away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It started with the telephone. I had one client that used to quote someone a ways back
that noted that because of those you can be interrupted by just about anyone, and I
think that idiot was one of the words used.

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 01:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
Viper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
http://ravensbranch.allen.com/artwork/viper.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe that was my first thought too

a quick google shows what looks like a Bae hawk or Do alpha jet trainer/adv fighter train.

clarify please, Sensei

mortoma
08-13-2007, 01:32 PM
By the way, who is this "Rose McGowen" character anyway?? Is she some british or european celebrity?? I live in the states and I know nothing about her, nor had I heard her name before a day or two ago. Or do I simply just live in a shell or cave??

Jaws2002
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
This Viper: http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

http://citizenx.org/wp-content/f16.jpg

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaws2002:

[IMG]http://citizenx.org/wp-content/f16.jpg[IMG] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not "fighting falcon" anymore?

or even unoffical "electric jet"?

Jaws2002
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
It's pilots call it Viper.

MEGILE
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
By the way, who is this "Rose McGowen" character anyway?? Is she some british or european celebrity?? I live in the states and I know nothing about her, nor had I heard her name before a day or two ago. Or do I simply just live in a shell or cave?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ask Leitmotiv

WWSensei
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jaws2002:

[IMG]http://citizenx.org/wp-content/f16.jpg[IMG] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not "fighting falcon" anymore?

or even unoffical "electric jet"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were the boring American assigned names by some pinhead in the Pentagon with no imagination. Warsaw Pact designation was "Viper". We liked it better so it stuck--at least internally. Much like the A-10 pilots called their bird "Warthog" even though it's official designation was Thunderbolt II.

Closter
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Me wants to know who he is... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 02:17 PM
Those were the boring American assigned names by some pinhead in the Pentagon with no imagination. Warsaw Pact designation was "Viper". We liked it better so it stuck--at least internally. Much like the A-10 pilots called their bird "Warthog" even though it's official designation was Thunderbolt II. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

seems every nation since WWII has tanked miserably in most cases of nomenclature for their military types

only exceptions i can think of, offhand, are the Gripen and Rafale

everythign else sucks or does disservice to the type with original moniker

PS, i hope that the pinhead read this thread and will break out of his rusty cage of FR phallis compensation

rnzoli
08-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Is it me or am I seeing a certain snobbery coming from the anti-snobbery thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Definitely not just you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Had I run to this forum every time someone came to my little FR server and started to make derogative comments like "ah, this sucks, nobody can fly here", "woot stupid server is this????", "where the f*ck im on the map", etc., my post count would exceed Megile's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

knightflyte
08-13-2007, 02:53 PM
Rose McGowen is an actress best known for her role on the TV series CHARMED with Alyssa Milano and Holly Combs.
She dated extreem rocker Marilyn Manson. Her clothing at the 1999ish MTV video awards got her recognized for more than her acting.

She's never completely floated my boat, but there is somethoing about megile's picture that stirs the senses.

Choctaw111
08-13-2007, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
Thanks for the ID http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Just to strike while the irony is hot: Isn't it a bit funny that he chose to single out our trans-Pacific/Altantic cousins for his little tirade, but he uses a Native American name for himself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whew! I am glad I got in on THIS thread early. I may have gotten a bad rap for those who may have thought it was ME, having a Native American name and all. But then again, I am from the US.

MEGILE
08-13-2007, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by knightflyte:

She's never completely floated my boat, but there is somethoing about megile's picture that stirs the senses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hilarious.
And curiously my exact opinion

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:
Had I run to this forum every time someone came to my little FR server and started to make derogative comments like "ah, this sucks, nobody can fly here", "woot stupid server is this????", "where the f*ck im on the map", etc., my post count would exceed Megile's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

plz re-read the first post

he paged me out of the blue in HL, likely after seeing my advertising a server in HL chat

that, and his relys to me after being reasonable and respectful to him, spurred me to dsplay his (ty megile) ******ation

maybe he will re-evaluate his stance, and accept that many ppl fly the sim, and enjoy it in various modes, that if its not HIS cup o tea, thats fine, jsut dont impose your philosophy on others as the "chosen" way

him and other "fun fascists" who may happen to read this

knightflyte
08-13-2007, 04:01 PM

She's never completely floated my boat, but there is somethoing about megile's picture that stirs the senses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hilarious.
And curiously my exact opinion </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if she's asking for a cigarette or for the next guy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

rnzoli
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I agree with you, Daiichidoku, I am just pointing out: it happens both ways. Ignorance is the best way to deal with them, but of course, if you need confirmation or support from other forum members, I have absolutely no problem with that either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

foxyboy1964
08-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Fun Fascists stalk the world of gaming like the b@st@rd offspring of Mary Whitehouse. They MUST be slapped down at every opportunity or we will all end up playing Ned Flanders' Saint Sim.

Daiichidoku
08-13-2007, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rnzoli:
I agree with you, Daiichidoku, I am just pointing out: it happens both ways. Ignorance is the best way to deal with them, but of course, if you need confirmation or support from other forum members, I have absolutely no problem with that either. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

i agree also, that it goes both ways...whether its FR or arcade snob, its the snob part...
i hear it both sides, however, not often, and usually in jest in a relaxed crowd at that...
i guess i did want confirmation or otherwise..it was so twisted and pointed i had to check against a control, "am i mad(der) to imagine someone saying that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

+ excellent mileage thread http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif(even rose mcgowan is true to form, on top of yet another thread, ridin for all its worth)

mortoma
08-14-2007, 06:00 AM
Rose McGowen is an actress best known for her role on the TV series CHARMED with Alyssa Milano and Holly Combs.
She dated extreem rocker Marilyn Manson. Her clothing at the 1999ish MTV video awards got her recognized for more than her acting.

She's never completely floated my boat, but there is somethoing about megile's picture that stirs the senses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I must have watched seasons of Charmed that were either before or after she was on it, because I don't remember her. I did watch 20 or so episodes of Charmed at one time. But there are stretches of one year or more that I have not watched TV at all.
As of now, it's been since mid-May since I have watched TV. I moved at that time and have not since got cable or Sat hooked up. Internet is alsways my highest priority. I can do without TeeWee/Boob tube.

MEGILE
08-14-2007, 06:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
I must have watched seasons of Charmed that were either before or after she was on it, because I don't remember her. I did watch 20 or so episodes of Charmed at one time. But there are stretches of one year or more that I have not watched TV at all.
As of now, it's been since mid-May since I have watched TV. I moved at that time and have not since got cable or Sat hooked up. Internet is alsways my highest priority. I can do without TeeWee/Boob tube. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She replaced Shannen Doherty in Season 4

SlickStick
08-14-2007, 07:43 AM
...but there is something about Megile's picture that stirs the senses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Concur 100%. That Cowboys star certainly stirs my senses. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Oh, you were talking about Rose.....I'd hit it.

Feathered_IV
08-14-2007, 07:49 AM
http://i.xanga.com/goofycaca/IdHitIt.jpeg
http://static.flickr.com/42/122379898_94c312806e_o.jpg

danjama
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM

Yep, Im sure Dii has pm'd you his name by now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rgrt x2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

DKoor
08-14-2007, 09:08 AM
snobzoarzery.
100%

Xiolablu3
08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
What a nob-end.

I am not American, but at the moment I prefer Cockpit on, with externals, all else full real, which I think are the settings originally being talked about?

I can just imagine this guy in a club trying to pull a girl...

'Hey darling, I fly Il2 with no externals you know...'

(Girl politely makes an excuse and shuffles away)

GEEK ALERT!

MEGILE
08-14-2007, 12:45 PM

(even rose mcgowan is true to form, on top of yet another thread, ridin for all its worth) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO.
Ok she's leaving.

Daiichidoku
08-14-2007, 12:59 PM
LMAO.
Ok she's leaving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just dont let her go until the next one is ready...http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif