PDA

View Full Version : Finally we can cut off some bodyparts :)

Dvergen88
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011...tions-combat-trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/28/assassins-creed-revelations-combat-trailer)

01:12 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the arm goes to the right

Dvergen88
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011...tions-combat-trailer (http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/09/28/assassins-creed-revelations-combat-trailer)

01:12 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif the arm goes to the right

LightRey
09-28-2011, 11:32 AM
That's just his weapon. His arm is still firmly attached to his body.

Dvergen88
09-28-2011, 11:37 AM
yeah fu** dreaming i guess

Jexx21
09-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Cursing isn't allowed on the forums, even when censored.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone would want to see body parts fly off. It makes me queasy.

PirateRob
09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
in my opinion an assassin should focus on quick clean kills rather than the carnage of flying body parts. maybe im wrong

SleezeRocker
09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Yeah I doubt severd limbs would happen,
as Pirate said, an Assassin would want to make a wuick fatal stab, than go Barbaric and slice everyones head off :P

Altair661
09-28-2011, 12:59 PM
I don't believe he ever cut the guy's arm off...

sticks165
09-28-2011, 01:11 PM
nope he didnt its just the guys weapon

RzaRecta357
09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Was he wearing an optional cape in that video? Looks like it.

Animuses
09-28-2011, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Also, I'm not sure why anyone would want to see body parts fly off. It makes me queasy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Bloody Mess perk...

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Yeah I doubt severd limbs would happen,
as Pirate said, an Assassin would want to make a wuick fatal stab, than go Barbaric and slice everyones head off :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not to mention it's inconvenient to cut off limbs.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 04:38 PM
This is all well and true but some of the moves that Ezio does with the axe or longsword would most definitely dismember someone.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
This is all well and true but some of the moves that Ezio does with the axe or longsword would most definitely dismember someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but that still leaves the fact that that much blood and gore doesn't really fit in the AC games.

Calvarok
09-28-2011, 06:18 PM
If you're playing a game that allows you to murder a lot of people, there's no problem with showing to consequences of doing that, in my opinion.

If you want consequence free murder, I would suggest playing a game where you don't actually murder people, just knock them out, or where you fight robots.

NewBlade200
09-28-2011, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Was he wearing an optional cape in that video? Looks like it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Looks like it. It could be close to the beginning of the game, or some missions could require Ezio to wear it (for some reason).

albertwesker22
09-28-2011, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
This is all well and true but some of the moves that Ezio does with the axe or longsword would most definitely dismember someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, but that still leaves the fact that that much blood and gore doesn't really fit in the AC games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it would be that out of place. A counter kill with a spear, involves Ezio impaling a gaurd through the neck and it exiting in a nasty place. That move is completely vile in my opinion.

I don't want limbs flying all over the place, but counters with an axe should take off limbs. I like idea of combat being more brutal and bloody with heavy weapons.

ZzFinzZ
09-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Now we need AC3 to be set at around 1800 London and I can pretend to be Jack the Ripper. DIE COURTESANS DIE.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
True, but that still leaves the fact that that much blood and gore doesn't really fit in the AC games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it would be that out of place. A counter kill with a spear, involves Ezio impaling a gaurd through the neck and it exiting in a nasty place. That move is completely vile in my opinion.

I don't want limbs flying all over the place, but counters with an axe should take off limbs. I like idea of combat being more brutal and bloody with heavy weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd still say dismemberment is much more brutal. Not to mention that you don't actually see any wounds on the guards, so shoving a spear through someone's throat is not so brutal in the game.

NewBlade200
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
A knife to the heart or eyes is much more lethal than chopping off a guys arm. The guy wont scream as much when you pierce his lungs as well.

naran6142
09-29-2011, 07:08 PM
would you really want to see body parts lying all over the ground.... i wouldn't

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't get it. Why does a severed head and a body seem any different than an intact corpse to you guys?

naran6142
09-29-2011, 08:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
I don't get it. Why does a severed head and a body seem any different than an intact corpse to you guys? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ummm... because severed heads and limps aren't intact bodies

its just not necessary and it wouldn't be something that everyone would say "thats awesome"

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:14 PM
It's death either way. I don't care if decaprication is in or not, but really, id doesn't bother me any more than killing someone any other way. The only way it would bother someone less is if they're trying not to think about the fact that Ezio just killed that guy. And I don't know why a game should expect that.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I honestly don't think Assassin's Creed is the kind of game to show off blood and gore.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
&gt;.&lt;

It already does.

It's a game about killing.

Ah well.

LightRey
09-30-2011, 03:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
&gt;.&lt;

It already does.

It's a game about killing.

Ah well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not showing it off, the blood's just there. Probably mostly for realism.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 06:24 PM
It already shows off blood and gore? Call me when there are literal fountains of blood from a severed neck or something. Then I'll believe you.

Animuses
09-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Assassins are definitely known for cutting off limbs and decapitation. Even though they can kill them quickly without slicing off body parts, they do it anyway.

nickfern19
09-30-2011, 08:22 PM
I was more surprised by the cape around 30 seconds, to be honest.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nickfern19:
I was more surprised by the cape around 30 seconds, to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's probably because no limbs were cut off.