PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS*Friendly Tip to ACB Newcomers & Completionists DON'T Sell Your Trade Items!

SpyderNynja
11-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Hello there forumgoers. For anyone who has just picked up the game, please take note of treasure chest and looting bodies of thieves. You will notice you pick up some very strange items such as tomatoes, silk, pomander, elephant ivory, etc. You may have also noticed that the economy in the game is now quite balanced, and you will actually find yourself quite broke at some points in the game.

FOR THE LOVE OF LUCY, DON'T SELL A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ITEMS!

Despite how broke you may end up sometimes, don't even THINK of selling any of those trade items, as you will most certainly need them for Shop Quests, small little fetch quests you can complete at the shops located nearest to Ezio's Hideout in exchange for rare equipment like weapons, armor, pouches, maps and fast-working poison.

The thing is, a few of these shop quests will not appear at the local corresponding shops until you have restored a certain amount of them throughout Rome, leaving you to believe you are, "all done".

I had, as well as some friends of mine, made the mistake of selling a crucial component to an armor-related shop quest and had to repeat a memory from sequence 3 in order to loot the bodies of thieves, praying for the item to show up. I also sold every item once I had completed the game, which had me lose out on a large quiver for more crossbow bolts, requiring me to play that repetitive memory over and over again until I had won the looting lottery.

Even as I type this, I'm most likely going back one day to do it again in search for the two items I need for the Vatican Treasure Map, JUST because I'm obsessive like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Take heed and Happy Treasure hunting!

SpyderNynja
11-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Hello there forumgoers. For anyone who has just picked up the game, please take note of treasure chest and looting bodies of thieves. You will notice you pick up some very strange items such as tomatoes, silk, pomander, elephant ivory, etc. You may have also noticed that the economy in the game is now quite balanced, and you will actually find yourself quite broke at some points in the game.

FOR THE LOVE OF LUCY, DON'T SELL A SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ITEMS!

Despite how broke you may end up sometimes, don't even THINK of selling any of those trade items, as you will most certainly need them for Shop Quests, small little fetch quests you can complete at the shops located nearest to Ezio's Hideout in exchange for rare equipment like weapons, armor, pouches, maps and fast-working poison.

The thing is, a few of these shop quests will not appear at the local corresponding shops until you have restored a certain amount of them throughout Rome, leaving you to believe you are, "all done".

I had, as well as some friends of mine, made the mistake of selling a crucial component to an armor-related shop quest and had to repeat a memory from sequence 3 in order to loot the bodies of thieves, praying for the item to show up. I also sold every item once I had completed the game, which had me lose out on a large quiver for more crossbow bolts, requiring me to play that repetitive memory over and over again until I had won the looting lottery.

Even as I type this, I'm most likely going back one day to do it again in search for the two items I need for the Vatican Treasure Map, JUST because I'm obsessive like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Take heed and Happy Treasure hunting!

tyrce111
11-23-2010, 06:09 AM
I have already shared the bandit farming video from Zwooooooosh's youtube chanel but could you please tell me what mission you replay to get rare loot?

SpyderNynja
11-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Squence 3, Memory 3 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

tyrce111
11-23-2010, 06:47 AM
and what exactly do you have to do???

FrankieSatt
11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Unfortunatly it's too late for me. I sold a whole butt load of the stuff when I first started the game.

Really though, the shop quests are so stupid it's not even worth my time to replay memory sequences to get them. I'll do without them.

I just hope Ubi removes them in future games, as they really aren't very good.

SpyderNynja
11-23-2010, 06:59 AM
@Tyrce, the thieves you encounter in that mission have rare items. Kill them and loot their bodies, then complete the mission.

@Frankie: It's shame right? should have been notified about that somehow before selling them, like a little pop up that says, "Warning: This item is required for completion of a shop quest. Continue?", or something of the sort.

Grandmaster_Z
11-23-2010, 07:39 AM
i sold a shrunken head. oops

rb2610
11-23-2010, 11:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You may have also noticed that the economy in the game is now quite balanced, and you will actually find yourself quite broke at some points in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Not meaning to derail the thread but it seems about the same as AC2 or even less balanced, I'm on memory 5 at the moment and have something like 70000f And have bought every item available other than the ******* sword and another heavy sword which I haven't done the quest for yet.

I've renovated about 70-80% of shops and bought a few monuments, the money just seems to keep flooding in. Admittedly if I went and bought every monument right now I'd be a bit strapped for cash, but in terms of 'essentials' like weapons, armour, ammo and medicine I'm rolling in cash already.

(P.S. It's pretty cool that you can own the Colosseum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

nightpriestess
11-23-2010, 11:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rb2610:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">You may have also noticed that the economy in the game is now quite balanced, and you will actually find yourself quite broke at some points in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Not meaning to derail the thread but it seems about the same as AC2 or even less balanced, I'm on memory 5 at the moment and have something like 70000f And have bought every item available other than the ******* sword and another heavy sword which I haven't done the quest for yet.

I've renovated about 70-80% of shops and bought a few monuments, the money just seems to keep flooding in. Admittedly if I went and bought every monument right now I'd be a bit strapped for cash, but in terms of 'essentials' like weapons, armour, ammo and medicine I'm rolling in cash already.

(P.S. It's pretty cool that you can own the Colosseum http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pretty much bought the shops first, some weapons/ armor and then one or two monuments. You gain your money back pretty quick from all the shops you own anyway. I could easily buy many of the monuments by the time I renovate most of Rome.

SPROGGY
11-23-2010, 01:08 PM
No kidding. I made the mistake of selling some stuff early on. Now I cant complete the shop quest to get the two pieces of armor that i want. Its me off...
<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter</span>

Black_Widow9
11-23-2010, 02:52 PM
It is important that you remember to add a spoiler warning to the thread title of any thread containing gameplay information. Failure to do so will not only ruin the game for others but put you at risk of suspension, I've edited the title for you on this occasion but make sure to remember this next time. I'm moving this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

SpyderNynja
11-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry Widow, didn't see much need to add a spoiler tag to the title. Also felt that the thread was better off in general discussion since it would generate a little more traffic, thus warning more people. All good though.

RomanDozer
11-24-2010, 12:36 PM
BUMP. Good thread. I can't stress that enough, do not sell your items you collect as you may need them in rare recipe's for crafting of items. Now, if I can only find a damn [ACONITE]... it's the last recipe item I need to complete 100% of this game. URGH

InFinitERockeR
02-04-2011, 07:31 PM
i got a trick for your problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and its very easy go to your assassin giuld, dont go inside but stay outside, stand on a rooftop and look around till you see a dude with a white arrow above his head that is kinda like running, its a thief i know, kill it seartch trough his body you will get the item that he was carrying, if it wasnt the item that you needed then just switch between costumes then it will respraw you before the assassin guild and do the same what u did before: stand on a rooftop, look around and wait, when u see the dude kill it take is item ect.. you can do this over and over and over and over agian http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif good luck ;D

baltazr777
03-07-2011, 07:23 AM
In the case of Shrunken Heads... Ubisoft should really make a patch or something that allows us to get more shrunken heads out of Assassination contracts or something like that please!

Boangek1337
03-31-2011, 07:32 PM
About the Shrunken heads, I only found 2 of them.

1 is in the 4th secret temple (the one you have to bring the cross down to break through the gates)when you see the cross, its in a small room front right.
The 2nd shrink head i found, somewhere south of rome, in the 2 villages underneed the colosseum.
(Hope this helps)

You can also invest in the armor shop to get the shrunken heads. (takes long)

The good part is if you completed the armor shop mission/quest. And you buyed all the other parts in the armor shop, its almost has the same stats as the romulus armor. but doesn't look that cheap =D

Vey03
04-03-2011, 02:23 AM
This is a bit off topic, but how do these 'shop missions' actually work?

When you have the items, and go to the shop that has a 'shop quest', does the game somehow automatically trade them for you, or what?

And every time i go to a blacksmith, there is no 'shop quest' option in the menu anymore, where there was one previously for the Captain's Sword.

This game is confusing the heck out of me.

Skier from Hell
04-10-2011, 09:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mouse03:
This is a bit off topic, but how do these 'shop missions' actually work?

When you have the items, and go to the shop that has a 'shop quest', does the game somehow automatically trade them for you, or what?

And every time i go to a blacksmith, there is no 'shop quest' option in the menu anymore, where there was one previously for the Captain's Sword.

This game is confusing the heck out of me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
...And me too. I've been continuously raiding treasure chests, contracting out my assassins and sadistically slaughtering pickpockets and as a result have acquired enough paraphernalia to compete with Tesco. But so far, after hours of play, I,ve only come across one shop (Taylors)and I still have only collected the 2 out of 5 item or the 1 out of 3 item or the 0 out 4

Ureh
04-10-2011, 07:18 PM
The ONLY shops that offer these quests are the ones situated around Ezio's Hideout (Isola Tiberina... spelling). They will have a special box around the usual icons (hammer, spindle, cross) to differentiate themselves from the rest.

To try and obtain the Quest items as early as possible, focus on opening as many treasure chests as you can, kill and loot all the thieves, send your recruits on missions that have items you might need, and kill/tackle Borgia messangers when you see them.

DarthDeva
04-10-2011, 07:50 PM
The shops having quests are in Tiber Island, and when the quests haven't been completed, the shop icon is different, containing the logo

PC players have better luck as investing 100000f in any particular type of shops gives a shrunken head, bringing the total of shrunken heads available to 6 (4 with investments and the 2 usual ones)

The only way for ubisoft to add new shrunken heads within the games is through DLC. Heard there's a major dlc planned for Q4 2011 and it's gonna be big. They will surely fix some gameplay issues in that.