PDA

View Full Version : Old blood looking to get back in

Kelson27
11-29-2018, 07:42 AM
Hey all! Iíve been out for a pretty long time and just come back to see how itís all progressed, looks like a tonne of content dropped! But!

I had a quick go in dominion against some bots only to have them all be level 3 still from yesteryear and borderline untouchable - not the welcome i was expecting! Can anyone get me up to speed on any changes that have happened to block or parry etc? Timings on the basics that might have changed? Feels like a lot was getting through and connecting that i didnt used to let slip. Unless nothing has changed and Iím just rubbish again 😋

Knight_Raime
11-29-2018, 08:01 AM
only change related to blocking that I can recall is some under the hood tweaks to make blocking after hitstun on reflex better. And the fact that standard guard heros can now dodge instead of having to wait for their buffered guard switch to happen. (assassins previously could only do this.) Parry wise the only thing that's changed is parrying no longer gives you a guard break. And depending on how long ago you quit they also normalized the parry distance because long ranged parries often didn't net a reward for some heros. Oh and you can multi deflect now. Lag compensation was added too which effectively slowed down every attack in the game by a small amount.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-29-2018, 07:51 PM
Welcome back, not sure how long you've been gone but also, just in case you didn't know, GB is no longer a guarantee on a parry.

bannex19
11-29-2018, 10:06 PM
Play PvAI if you're on console or play an orochi in PvP. PC the game pretty well balanced. The console vs pc debate is constantly being kaboshed by ubi but they don't address the differences in input delay, how ping affects consoles vs PC differences and how that compounds with fps limits.

AI sadly is broken to the state of embarrassment but it seems they're pretty happy with having a boatload of non gamebreaking bugs as long as they're only affecting the average player and not the top 2%

Fear the old blood... good hunter

Kelson27
11-29-2018, 11:18 PM
Sounds like Iím just out of practice then, will shake of the rust 😉

Psykhozis
12-02-2018, 02:05 AM
welcome back dude. you are rusty.. play some duels and play reactive. dont initiate. and git good once more :cool: