PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Loading times

KevinFritz
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey when I can get into a match, it's so insanely fun and I have a blast. But I have literally sat here for over 20 minutes waiting for another match. Every time it gets up to 6 players, it goes back down to 5. And then you get hopeful and think oh good here we go.....only to have your hopes dashed yet again. I want to play but you guys have got to look into what is making these connections so impossible. Is there not enough people playing the game or something? I can't see why cuz AC is like the best series of all time, next to God of War.

KevinFritz
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey when I can get into a match, it's so insanely fun and I have a blast. But I have literally sat here for over 20 minutes waiting for another match. Every time it gets up to 6 players, it goes back down to 5. And then you get hopeful and think oh good here we go.....only to have your hopes dashed yet again. I want to play but you guys have got to look into what is making these connections so impossible. Is there not enough people playing the game or something? I can't see why cuz AC is like the best series of all time, next to God of War.

Kurrynt
11-20-2010, 12:27 PM
I agree. I've been able to play for a few minutes but had to cut out early to run an errand. I came back and have been watching the loading screen for almost 30 minutes now...

krome15
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
same here...which system are you on? Im using the ps3 and it takes forever just to join one game.

christopher8263
11-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Agreed I have been waiting 20min at the loading screen with 7 of 7 agents. What's up with that?

KevinFritz
11-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Im on the ps3 and the loading times are getting insane. My username is spartanwarrior2. Send me a friend request and we can set up a match with at least a few of us in a lobby.

KevinFritz
11-20-2010, 02:14 PM
And if I get kicked from the lobby due to server troubles one more time.......come on ubisoft you can do better than this, oh wait. Now im actually remembering the only other multiplayer game they had which was splinter cell conviction. Fun as hell but the disconnects got so bad I sold the game out of frustration. Especially since you lose all ur progress and xp due to thier inability to run a server.

KCizzll
11-20-2010, 02:14 PM
If the top of the loading screen doesn't turn into a map once you have the 6/6 or 7/7 then I don't think it's ever going to work.
I've never waited more than 5 minutes in a loading screen with the map showing. If it's stuck on the animus "Waiting for Abstergo Agents" with 6/6 or 7/7 I leave and start another because it'll never go.

EDIT: I should say I don't NOW wait more than 5 minutes. The first day I waited it out but it never finishes. There's a bug in there somewhere.

Himbo123
11-20-2010, 03:54 PM
also sometimes i never get a contract for like the whole game

Orion645
11-20-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm also having problems like the ones mentioned abovelike waiting 10-30 minutes for a game, which is a shame because the multiplayer is fantastic.

@Himbo123
I've also had that problem. A whole game without a target or a pursuer

isiscft
11-20-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm also having trouble getting into multiplayer games.

It just hangs at the waiting for 7/7 agents screen.

AeroElim
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Same here.

Anyone want to add each other on X360 and play together so we don't have to find people?

unformedbobbie
11-20-2010, 10:15 PM
yeah I'm up for adding a few people so I can play some games. I haven't been able get into a match since I got the game and I wanna play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

My xbox gamertag is Unformedbobbie

tesmith31014
11-21-2010, 01:13 AM
yeah, i'm having many of the same problems you guys are. you should add me if you wanna party up at times. it would possibly cut down the loading times and such.

Alk3Tsmith10

gamertag btw

Katasmurf
11-21-2010, 04:30 AM
I have also problems with long loading times. Sometimes it takes only 1-5 minutes, especially when you have just completed a game then you have the six players the game needs fast.

But when i try to enter for the first time, it can run up to 20 minutes of waiting time cause there aren't enough players to find. It keep on 5/6 then goes to 4/6 again and when ur lucky it hits the 6 finally.

I think is isn't possible that there aren't enough players to find cause 100.000 of people are playing the online mode, but still most of the time i have to wait cause the server cant find any players. I hope they will make the searching better soon and I don't have to wait for sometimes 20 minutes to play.

Comixfan
11-21-2010, 04:51 AM
The game needs to communicate more information to the player.

Instead of just saying "Waiting for Abstergo Agents", it should keep players up-to-date with what it's doing - looking for more players, loading a map, trying to connect players, etc etc.

As it is, "Waiting for Abstergo Agents" tells me nothing and just leaves me wondering why the hell its taking so long to load the game when, for example, it's at 8/8 Agents and showing a Wanted match on Venice map.

Also, once you manage to get into a game, select your character and your profile set, it also just says "Waiting for Abstergo Agents". It really should say waiting for all players to be ready, or waiting for <insert player name> to choose a character.

This would help alleviate things somewhat, but I agree that the matchmaking needs a *lot* of work so that we're not waiting 20-30 minutes to get into a game!

J_2_Me
11-21-2010, 05:13 AM
Does where you live (NZ) matter with connecting to games? Apart from time zone differences and that. I had to wait over and hour and a half for 1 match!... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

keiiykeii
11-21-2010, 06:46 AM
I wait about 5 minutes then just exit and return and it usually loads a lot faster but the issue with not having a target or pursuer is very annoying, what are we wandering around doing in there if we don't have a target? wasting our time.. oh and money... 59.99 to sometimes get to play a full game? wth...

Jimmy2495
11-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Having the same issues here. I managed to find a game fast today, but it usually takes +15 minutes.

Hope Ubi fix this soon, I want to play this awesome multiplayer...

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_2_Me:
Does where you live (NZ) matter with connecting to games? Apart from time zone differences and that. I had to wait over and hour and a half for 1 match!... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think it only matters in the sense of when games are available.

I haven't had long wait times when I played. Also in NZ.

pntbalr13
11-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Let me say first of all, thank you Ubisoft for making an awesome multiplayer! In my opinion it is the funnest multiplayer I have ever played, very original and adrenaline pumping.

However, that is when it works. This Saturday I didn't have much going on, and so I wanted to play this game. Pre-ordered 59.99 for xbox 360.

I played exactly 15 ranked wanted matches in 16 hours. Wanted matches have a time limit of 10 minutes. So I played around 2 1/2 hours of those sixteen hours.

I get to the map screen and wait there for sometimes 5-10 minutes, but usually 20-1hour for a match. People join and leave as they get impatient, and I can't blame them.

Also, I don't enjoy waiting 7 minutes for a contract. (Although it is kinda funny having 2 or 3 pursuers on you when you have no contract)

Last thing is sometimes "ranked matches" aren't very well ranked. When I was a level six I was put in with levels 22-28? Now I'm level 18 and being put in with level 6-10? Not very fair.

ProfCroswell
12-10-2010, 02:27 AM
This is purely ridonkulous. I always select Play Now because it claims to be the fastest way to go about it. But no! It takes nearly 35 minutes at times just to get to the character selection screen. About another 15 minutes waiting for everyone to select their character; that's if they choose one at all! I swear if I hear that ominous robot voice tell me she's "searching for other abstergo agents" one more time I'm going to throw my controller at my tv... btw as I'm typing this, my tv just dimmed and went it to power saver mode if that tells you anything. Ubisoft, I absolutely adore this game in every aspect, I put 26 hours of gametime into the story before I ever started multiplayer. It's too bad this couldn't have been nominated for game of the year. Because in my opinion, it's the best game in several years. Having said that--WTF!? I can't wait 45 minutes to an hour to play a game. Even if it is the most intense and most badass online game I've seen in a while.

JohnnyGFeenix
12-11-2010, 09:27 PM
I've been trying to connect to a game for over an hour now with my PS3 as I type this. "Searching For Programmed Session" part. No map loads up, have even gotten 7 of 7 people ready for the session to start. Doesn't seem to trigger the next connection phase for whatever odd reason.

Have aborted the search, restarted, even restarted console. Has nothing to do with my internet or it's connection. Connection to games was working fine earlier on...

-&gt; Editing my post here. I always play the Ranked/Wanted mode and this is where I'm having the game connection issues. I tried to connect to an Unranked/Wanted mode game and got in it immediately. After going back to the Ranked/Wanted search, I am back to square one. Connection issues continue. Very strange.

Yes, this is annoying. Needs to be fixed!

FEENIX