PDA

View Full Version : planes disapear at midle range against the ground

raaaid
10-17-2004, 12:30 PM
i tried all settings but nothing seems to solve this, the closer the planes get the harder i see them

any ideas to solve this

raaaid
10-17-2004, 12:30 PM
i tried all settings but nothing seems to solve this, the closer the planes get the harder i see them

any ideas to solve this

Yellonet
10-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Just the way it is.

With practice it gets easier to spot them. But it's good to know that you can sometimes avoid detection when flying on the deck in DF's.

JG7_Rall
10-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Zoomed out view might help a bit-less pixels per square inch so the pixels that represent the plane you're spotting will be easier to spot...or something like that. I know it works though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Willey
10-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Just a bug they don't want to fix...

http://home.arcor.de/eldur/bilder/invisible.jpg

PF_Coastie
10-17-2004, 04:45 PM
Try forest setting to 2 or 3 in conf.ini file. You will lose some fps but may help with what you describe.

Freycinet
10-17-2004, 05:15 PM
the issue doesn't happen with resolutions above 1024x768, that's my experience anyway.

MagnumHK
10-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Aircraft visiblity is a very OLD problem that has been discussed in many ways under more then a few threads in the last year or more.

There have been some good suggestions on how to solve this problem.

However, the official line (up to this point) is to ignore this problem and hope that it will vanish from all distances (all message boards) as people will tire posting about it.

As a result it will remain one of the most serious undealt problems with full realism. Lets face it eye candy sells but fine refinements don't get very much attention when it comes to the mass market. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Marek_Steele
10-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Other issue there is is id'ing some targets at long distance because of some low detail models (specially with "no icons" where you must be very fast to id a target and make some decisions).
As an example, take a late 109 in qmb and zoom out from above to see the low detail model swap, you'll notice that when this swap happens actually the target seems closer much closer and it's shape can tip to other plane. On one server I had p51's and some other p's but I was flying among gustavs, looking at that low detail representation, it looks much more like a square wing tip fighter with a huge square tail(it will "grow" in the model transition) like the 51 than actually a 109 (even though it might look like an Emil).

WTE_Galway
10-17-2004, 07:49 PM
does seem like some of the older representations are just being left as "good enough" whereas newer planes are done better

a (unrelated) example of this is the the way 109's all cast a square wing shadow regardless of actual wing shape .. its that way cos the 109 was one of the first planes modelled 9it also gains some neat cockpit damage modelling that is not implemented in later planes .. you win some you loose some)