PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Availability

BaneSixEcho
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can enlighten me on this issue:

It's currently April 19, 1942 in my game. I was adding upgrades to my VIIC, took a look at the chart and noticed some of the upgrades that should be available are not.

I was able to add the Bold1 sonar decoy to my sub. The T3 torpedo, FaT1 torpedo and the S-Gerat hydrophone, which should have been available before the Bold1, are not available.

Is there a reason for this that I'm not aware of?

TIA

BaneSixEcho
04-28-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can enlighten me on this issue:

It's currently April 19, 1942 in my game. I was adding upgrades to my VIIC, took a look at the chart and noticed some of the upgrades that should be available are not.

I was able to add the Bold1 sonar decoy to my sub. The T3 torpedo, FaT1 torpedo and the S-Gerat hydrophone, which should have been available before the Bold1, are not available.

Is there a reason for this that I'm not aware of?

TIA

OneEight
04-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Well , i have the same problem whit TIII and over , they appear in like 1944 for me , real piss off belive me.

quillan
04-28-2005, 09:16 PM
The chart and the dates in the files don't match. Open up the basic.cfg files, that will tell you the availability dates on all upgrades except the torpedoes. It will also give you the prototype and general availability dates on the torpedoes as well, but there are additional settings in the flotilla.cfg file that control how many of each type are available in each flotilla in a given year.

OneEight
04-29-2005, 12:25 AM
Ahh it's in basic.cfg , was looking for it , didn't see it when i passed that file , tahnks alot , wonder if i have to start a new carrer for the changes to apply....

EDiT: ann an ethical Q :
Do you think you sould pay for torps !? it's militairy supply ,it's like paying for the spatula when working in a fast food !!!
I'll lower the prices for some torps and set the torps avail correctly and if you wanna i'll sent you the file ( c'mon 1000 $ for a freacking torp , more like 150 $ max )

BaneSixEcho
04-29-2005, 06:17 AM
I noticed that the VIIC/2 and VIIC/3 conning towers are reversed on the chart as well. My boat has the VIIC/2 but it looks like the VIIC/3.

I wonder if the devs are aware of all of this mismatched information.

Thanks for the info.

quillan
04-29-2005, 07:34 AM
It's not a matter of "Paying" for the torpedoes, really, so much as it is a matter of calling in markers/favors and pulling strings to get gear you otherwise wouldn't be assigned. As an example, from what I've read, only about 10 U-boats were fitted with the rubberized anti-sonar coating (Alberiche). It was a test of something that might or might not help against ASDIC. So, how do you ensure that YOUR boat is one of the ones fitted with the experimental gear? You amass great performance scores and success against the enemy, ingratiate yourself with your superiors and the R&D folks, and call in those markers when the opportunity arises. In other words, you spend some accumulated renown.

Stuntcow
04-29-2005, 09:01 AM
I agree w/ quillan. When a R&D item came out, not everyone got to try or test it. The odds that a non performing captain would be ask to test does not sould like it would be high.