PDA

View Full Version : Most unbalanced game ever created.

MrGrippz
11-25-2018, 10:37 PM
I really dont understand how balancing the characters is so fuqking difficult for the devs. No other fighting game has ever had this much balance issues. They should have actual staff play on console like alotta us do so they can see the experience.

The Marching Fire update is AMAZING but the old characters are left in the dust. They are unviable & unless you play dlc chars you are at a GIGANTIC DISADVANTAGE.

Centurion might as well be wielding a toothpick. Glads shield should be a fuqking pillow. Raiders heavies are just as slow as Jiang Jun yet he has no hyper armor? Why dont the devs love the old chars? The community does & would appreciate their kits being as expansive as the Wu Lin chars. The game is unfair & unbalanced.

Maybe ill play again in Season 9 but im kinda over this game right now. Its literally the only game ive played since its release but imma have to get something else cuz its just not fun or an enjoyable experience any longer.

EvoX.
11-25-2018, 11:08 PM
I really dont understand how balancing the characters is so fuqking difficult for the devs. No other fighting game has ever had this much balance issues.

Quote for truth.

Why dont the devs love the old chars?

Because the old characters don't bring them any more money. Why would you pay 30$ for characters that are already rivaled by old cast? Naaah, Ubisoft wouldn't like that. This complete lack of balance is pretty much intentional.

MrGrippz
11-26-2018, 12:48 AM
Yeh I get that from a business perspective the DLCs are always buff af but then get dialed back. The Wu Lin need to be slightly nerfed but the old chars kits need to be updated, straight up & down.

Akuma was in theory the more superior to Ryu & Ken but its not like he had fighting mechanics that they didnt. Just doesnt make sense to me why they refuse to fix very fixable issues. Some chars can feint outta zones & others cant = IDIOCY. This one simple mechanic update would open up the mix up capabilities of chars like Shinobi & Centurion. Giving Valk a 3 light 400ms combo & keeping Gladiators 2nd light in his light chain combo at 10,000ms = WTFFFFF FACE BRAH?!

Feedmeyourcows2
11-26-2018, 01:22 AM
I disagree, the dlc characters aren't OP, strong yes but definitely not OP, try to read or watch some guides and learn how to counter them. jiang jun might need a nerf tho.

Siegfried-Z
11-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Yeh I get that from a business perspective the DLCs are always buff af but then get dialed back. The Wu Lin need to be slightly nerfed but the old chars kits need to be updated, straight up & down.

Akuma was in theory the more superior to Ryu & Ken but its not like he had fighting mechanics that they didnt. Just doesnt make sense to me why they refuse to fix very fixable issues. Some chars can feint outta zones & others cant = IDIOCY. This one simple mechanic update would open up the mix up capabilities of chars like Shinobi & Centurion. Giving Valk a 3 light 400ms combo & keeping Gladiators 2nd light in his light chain combo at 10,000ms = WTFFFFF FACE BRAH?!

Valk wasn't a good example for 400ms lights chain. First she doesn't have 3 400ms lights but 2 and they are at 400ms only from the top. Roch or Nuxia would have been a better pick for your comment.

Btw i agree Glad second light is too slow atr 600ms but tbh he doesn't need fast light. Glad has an insane mix up. What he needs is his guard to be fixed to be as long as others assassins and to get a guaranteed light after a punch but otherwise he is pretty fine.

I disagree, the dlc characters aren't OP, strong yes but definitely not OP, try to read or watch some guides and learn how to counter them. jiang jun might need a nerf tho.

If we talk about DLC char from S2 to 4 yes i agree they aren't.

But WuLin char are OP. Not Nuxia, but the 3 others are.
JJ is currently at 62% win ratio in duel.. no char has been that high before.. and he is better in 4v4.

Card1acArrest
11-26-2018, 01:43 PM
In the duel list the first 4 classes are, based on wins:
1. conq
2. cant remember, zerk?
3. Valkyrie
4. Aramusha
7. Shaolin.

Warden is probably way up there.

You speak just rubbish.

Siegfried-Z
11-26-2018, 01:49 PM
In the duel list the first 4 classes are, based on wins:
1. conq
2. cant remember, zerk?
3. Valkyrie
4. Aramusha
7. Shaolin.

Warden is probably way up there.

You speak just rubbish.

To be exact this is :

1/Conq
2/Valk
3/Shinobi
4/Musha

But the Wulin are not in this list because these stats are for S7..

Devs said during the warrior den Nuxia, Shaolin and Tiandi are all at 54% winrate already which place them in the second best rank on par with Valk behind Conq.

And they said JJ is at 62% currently but they are going to wait and see if his light animation bug once fix gonna reduce it. They gonna nerf it only if it doesn't makes him lower enough.

Just for your information.

UbiInsulin
11-26-2018, 10:15 PM
To be exact this is :

1/Conq
2/Valk
3/Shinobi
4/Musha

But the Wulin are not in this list because these stats are for S7..

Devs said during the warrior den Nuxia, Shaolin and Tiandi are all at 54% winrate already which place them in the second best rank on par with Valk behind Conq.

And they said JJ is at 62% currently but they are going to wait and see if his light animation bug once fix gonna reduce it. They gonna nerf it only if it doesn't makes him lower enough.

Just for your information.

Yep, Wu Lin are definitely performing well by some metrics right now. And JJ stands out with 62%, so I'm sure they're keeping a very close eye on him. They want to give people time to get used to their movesets before making changes. Keep in mind that during the Tests, the feedback we got was that their damage was too low.

It's likely not true (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0) that all older heroes aren't viable, though certainly plenty have problems right now. A Shugoki rework is scheduled for season 9 and we've been discussing LB, Raider, Cent, & PK on recent Warrior's Dens. Aramusha just had substantial changes made in the Marching Fire update itself, so I'm sure we'll be tracking what happens.

MrGrippz
11-26-2018, 11:10 PM
For the record I never said the Wu Lin were OP, so before you tell ppl to read Cow dude you should do a little of that yourself. I said they were buff, meaning strong, as ALL of the dlc chars are when they first come out. Lord knows how many Cent threads popped up the week he dropped. I said the Wu Lin need a SLIGHT nerf but they are fun characters too play so I dont want them to get a big nerf. Its just the kits of the old chars need to be expanded to the new meta with zone feints, soft feints, hyper armor for heavies swinging heavies, etc. Give the character classes the same mechanics so you know what you are getting when you play that class. Why doesnt LB have hyper armor on his heavies?

Insulin they may be viable but you are at a disadvantage picking them if you face a new char. Hence being a balance issue.

Im not gonna adress the duel list guy cuz i dont know if that list is per season or from the beginning of the game.

Siegfried-Z
11-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Yep, Wu Lin are definitely performing well by some metrics right now. And JJ stands out with 62%, so I'm sure they're keeping a very close eye on him. They want to give people time to get used to their movesets before making changes. Keep in mind that during the Tests, the feedback we got was that their damage was too low.

It's likely not true (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0) that all older heroes aren't viable, though certainly plenty have problems right now. A Shugoki rework is scheduled for season 9 and we've been discussing LB, Raider, Cent, & PK on recent Warrior's Dens. Aramusha just had substantial changes made in the Marching Fire update itself, so I'm sure we'll be tracking what happens.

Thanks for the feedback.

These are the good char to look at.

I think they should look at Glad as well. The team said they are surprised to see him that much underperforming each seasons. But the reason is just his guard. Lot of people ask for it already and this is a very fast minor change to do. His guard should be as long as others assassins are. And i would suggest him to get a guaranteed light after a punch.
This is almost nothing but it would really improve his win rate i believe.

About JJ, well yes let's see how it's gonna be once his light animation gonna be fixed. And i know during the test the feedback was dmg were to low.. But what has been done is kind of Black or White. They should do grey = Balanced.

Currently he can score 38dmg in 2 lights.. 45 dmg in one hit to many opponents with his insane AOE property, Wallsplat very easly with his kick SF, and score 28 dmg with his zone..
That's by far above others char in terms of dmg in this is not normal considering his 6 bar of health and speed.
In these 2 lines i've write it is obvious he can't be balanced like that :)

I suggest him to have these changes :

L-L from 20-18 to 18-16
Zone from 28 to 20
His kick should not wallsplat

Han-Singular
11-27-2018, 05:44 PM
I really dont understand how balancing the characters is so fuqking difficult for the devs. No other fighting game has ever had this much balance issues. They should have actual staff play on console like alotta us do so they can see the experience.

The Marching Fire update is AMAZING but the old characters are left in the dust. They are unviable & unless you play dlc chars you are at a GIGANTIC DISADVANTAGE.

Centurion might as well be wielding a toothpick. Glads shield should be a fuqking pillow. Raiders heavies are just as slow as Jiang Jun yet he has no hyper armor? Why dont the devs love the old chars? The community does & would appreciate their kits being as expansive as the Wu Lin chars. The game is unfair & unbalanced.

Maybe ill play again in Season 9 but im kinda over this game right now. Its literally the only game ive played since its release but imma have to get something else cuz its just not fun or an enjoyable experience any longer.

The game is balanced for PC, first and foremost. Playing at half the frames on console only puts you at a disadvantage.

Companies need to realize not all games were made for both PC and console, but the fat cats running the company want their money.

MetalDevil19
11-27-2018, 06:05 PM
I really dont understand how balancing the characters is so fuqking difficult for the devs. No other fighting game has ever had this much balance issues

I'm not defending Ubi or anything, but this game wasn't originally intended to be called a fighting game its supposed to be an "Action game." Fighting games are like Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, etc. But thats what people are calling it for some reason. Semantics I guess? idk.

My other point is the fact that NO ONE has ever done a game like this. Of course its hard to balance, becuase there's nothing to base off of. all ther other "Fighting games" are basically 2D, whereas this is more 3D, and you're combating more than one person.

Siegfried-Z
11-27-2018, 07:19 PM
I'm not defending Ubi or anything, but this game wasn't originally intended to be called a fighting game its supposed to be an "Action game." Fighting games are like Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, etc. But thats what people are calling it for some reason. Semantics I guess? idk.

My other point is the fact that NO ONE has ever done a game like this. Of course its hard to balance, becuase there's nothing to base off of. all ther other "Fighting games" are basically 2D, whereas this is more 3D, and you're combating more than one person.

Of course what they did with FH is unique and amazing.

And this is for sure complex in terms of IT.

But this has nothing to do with balance. Balance is about logic and analyze. No need to compare to another similar games. They can compare 22 char between them, that's enough to make right decision.

They are balance PB because they release too many char with too big efficiency gap like if you compare PK to JJ in 4V4 and beacuse they are too much adapting the game for PC while most players are on console.

UbiInsulin
11-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

These are the good char to look at.

I think they should look at Glad as well. The team said they are surprised to see him that much underperforming each seasons. But the reason is just his guard. Lot of people ask for it already and this is a very fast minor change to do. His guard should be as long as others assassins are. And i would suggest him to get a guaranteed light after a punch.
This is almost nothing but it would really improve his win rate i believe.

About JJ, well yes let's see how it's gonna be once his light animation gonna be fixed. And i know during the test the feedback was dmg were to low.. But what has been done is kind of Black or White. They should do grey = Balanced.

Currently he can score 38dmg in 2 lights.. 45 dmg in one hit to many opponents with his insane AOE property, Wallsplat very easly with his kick SF, and score 28 dmg with his zone..
That's by far above others char in terms of dmg in this is not normal considering his 6 bar of health and speed.
In these 2 lines i've write it is obvious he can't be balanced like that :)

I suggest him to have these changes :

L-L from 20-18 to 18-16
Zone from 28 to 20
His kick should not wallsplat

Yeah, the two things I hear most often re: Glad are concerns with his reflex guard (being not good) with the strength of his zone attack (being too good). We've reported both of those to the team!

Appreciate the JJ tweaks you suggested. Thank you!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-27-2018, 09:42 PM
Yeah, the two things I hear most often re: Glad are concerns with his reflex guard (being not good) with the strength of his zone attack (being too good). We've reported both of those to the team!

Just an FYI for shugoki balance. If shugoki demonballs someone the frames it takes to recover give JJ enough time to do a heavy and his unblockable...which can't be parried due to the frames. Also with shaolins zone if shugoki doesn't block the first one and his HA is down he gets hit with all three...other characters I've played can block the second and third hit but not shugoki.

Knight_Raime
11-27-2018, 09:57 PM
The game is balanced for PC, first and foremost. Playing at half the frames on console only puts you at a disadvantage.

Companies need to realize not all games were made for both PC and console, but the fat cats running the company want their money.

The frame difference has little impact. the difference between 30fps and 60fps is 10-15ms of reaction time. Which is too small to actually matter in any significant amount.
The main issue with console play is the input delay. Which you can deal with massively by using a low response time monitor and a decent wired connection. (wired controller helps to some degree.)

Also i've been playing on pc for the past few days and currently have 38 total reps on console. There are some attacks I can defend against easier due to having smoother animations. Like warden's zone as an example. However I still struggle to react block shinobi's lights (even though they're only 500ms) and orochi's follow up two lights. Which to me only proves telegraphing plays a bigger part than people would think (myself included.) See there is very little movement when it comes to shinobi doing his double light stab. it's more of a jabbing/stabbing motion instead of a wide arc slice like warden's zone.

Basically what i'm saying is the whole 30-60fps argument is a crutch argument that doesn't have anything going for it. The primary benefit of playing on a pc is less input lag, which can be heavily midigated for console to have a comparable experience to pc. Attacks that are hard to react to either due to pure speed or a combination of speed and animation are hard to react to on pc as well. Difference here is that high/top tier players have insanely good reaction times are almost specifically only on pc. Which inflates the idea that pc gets some major advantage from hardware. (though this is becoming less and less true the more good players from console come to pc like mr medium did awhile back.)

Siegfried-Z
11-28-2018, 12:03 PM

U're Welcome.

Be aware than if the team want to improve Glad, he should not beiing nerfed even if his guard is fixed. His Guard is just an unfair weakness than he shouldn't have from the begenning (i say this for the zone).

As good as his zone is, he's still at the very bottom for fe seasons now.

Thx

Thanks