PDA

View Full Version : LAPTOP QUESTION

templarmalta
03-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi,

I will be getting a new laptop soon. Will SH3 work with a machine having these specs?:

€ AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+ (1.8GHz)
€ 1Gb DDR RAM
€ 60GB HDD
€ ATI Mobility Radeon 200M 256MB Hypermemory+ TV Out

templarmalta
03-09-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi,

I will be getting a new laptop soon. Will SH3 work with a machine having these specs?:

€ AMD Mobile Sempron 3000+ (1.8GHz)
€ 1Gb DDR RAM
€ 60GB HDD
€ ATI Mobility Radeon 200M 256MB Hypermemory+ TV Out

jac1029
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Hello, Yes it should work very well. I just got a new Dell Inspiron 6000 ______ Intell Pentium M at 1.73Ghz 1GB of Dual Channel Ram. Only a ATI Mobility Radion X300 at 128MB, And a Creative SB Audigy 2 in an external port. This and many other games work very well. In SH3 There isnt any notable drop in Frames Per Second. Yours is even faster with more video memory so it should work well. The only thing is the smaller screen and mini keyboard. The keyboard and mousepad thing are not at all designed for games. I would recomend getting a seperate mouse (i like my wireless mouse, all it has is a small usb receiver that stores inside the mouse when you dont use it. Also the mini keyboard takes some getting used to because the buttens are small and there usually isnt a Number pad, I have to press a Fn key to use the Num pad as a secondary function on other keys.

But Anyway it should work very well, Just takes some Getting used to.

The_Silent_O
03-10-2006, 05:53 AM
make sure you buy a mouse with a roller wheel in the middle so you can zoom more easy when you are working with the map...

I have a Dell Insipiron 8600 with half of your specs...it runs fine, but the game loads slow (about 2 minutes)

jac1029
03-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I am suprised that yours works good. My Dell Desktop (its about 4 years old http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif ) Dosent run the game well, it has a choppy frame rate even with the graphics turned down, and the only diff is that it has 512mb of memory. And a Nvidia card, which has some graphic bugs. And yes a roller wheel mouse is a must have for the zoom functions, really you need it for anything on a laptop. Laptops are cool, if there good, cause you can take the Battle of the Atlantic anywhere! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif As long as batteries permit, Keep your AC plug with you, or a , DC is it, one for your car.

jac1029
03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Your 256mb gaphics card on the one your getting makes my mouth water. lol

hueywolf123
03-14-2006, 01:46 PM
It should deal with the game without any problems at all. The one thing I would suggest, however, is to get a "laptop cooling pad'.These are relatively inexpensive but do a very good job preventing overheat problems. I run this game on a laptop, very similar to yours and find the unit becomes very hot. This lead to the laptop freezing and then shutting down, very annoying when a fish is on it's way to a target, or you are just about to complete a mission. Since I started using the cooling pad, I have had none of these dramas.
Most stores that sell pc's will have them, or you can also find them on Ebay. If you have any probs installing, just send me a PM and I'll happily help