PDA

View Full Version : Arcade mode is, without a doubt, the most unfun experience I have ever had.

GayForShugoki
11-25-2018, 01:48 AM
I am honestly unsure on how to write this without sounding whiny, but what the hell is wrong with the bots in this? Is it just assassins being completely useless or what? They parry every single attack, even 400ms attacks. Show me one player that will parry 9/10 lights and I will accept it lying down.

I should not have to cheese to beat this crap because the AI knows what I am going to do before the attack even starts. Do not even get me started on Nuxiaís kit because she is useless against bots because they do not fall for her traps, which makes it stamina waste. However, even if you whiff the trap into a light, they parry that light! Like, what the hell.

Do I honestly have to just ledge and environment them? Here I was hoping skill would actually play some kind of factor.

The worst thing is that they have parry attacks, which hit for 25% of your health per hit, meaning you get 4 parried attacks and youíre dead.

So done with this mode lmao. It's not worth the headache.

ArchDukeInstinct
11-25-2018, 03:05 AM
Yeah it's pretty lame. It seems like it might be good for leveling without having to play against human opponents but not something I would do for fun. Thankfully I got Marching Fire while it was on sale so the loss for me was minimized.

It's entirely random whether it's easy, difficult, or nigh impossible quest mission to complete. It's like there is no system in place whatsoever to give balanced modifiers between the player and the bots, even when the bots outnumber the player. I've had quest steps where I was up against 3 bots, they all had the respawn modifier, one had knockdown on heavy and then all I get to counteract these odds is extra chip damage on blocked attacks... In that case the only thing you can do is cheese it but big problem, it was a map with no hazards or ledges.

You might get a decent quest step once in a blue moon but otherwise you either cheese it or you defend until you get revenge and then hope you get lucky with guard breaks and baiting parry attempts after popping revenge.

It's a running theme with For Honor: Good concept, failed implementation.

chukblok
11-25-2018, 03:55 AM
Cheese is the only way to win...Ive earned the effect. no way I am touching arcade until another new effect etc comes out.

ChampionRuby50g
11-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Thank god i didnít waste $50AUD on this is all I gotta say. Donít think Iíve seen one positive thread about the arcade mode.

The_B0G_
11-25-2018, 01:09 PM
A couple weeks ago on the Warrior's Den, they stated they were changing the bots defense, so they no longer are defensive monsters. I do agree though, the only thing that works are moves like HL kick/toss mixup.

Feedmeyourcows2
11-25-2018, 03:22 PM
Imagine my horror when I landed in a map... Wait for it... WHERE THERE WASN'T A LEDGE

GayForShugoki
11-25-2018, 08:04 PM
So I manage it and the effect didn't even drop RIP what a waste of time.

UbiInsulin
11-25-2018, 08:22 PM
The devs believe that too many players are losing in Arcade Mode and are looking at the difficulty of level 3 bots. Sorry it's been frustrating for you!

bannex19
11-25-2018, 08:59 PM
Need to be more concerned with fun not just winning and losing. The mode isn't fun. Arcade should be fun

EvoX.
11-25-2018, 09:15 PM
Try doing it with PK, which I firmly believe is the most difficult hero to complete Arcade with. Her damage is the lowest from the whole roster, she gets further damage reduction because of the genius Legendary Quest penalty, and the result is doing like 30 damage on a full OOS punish. It's damn near impossible to manage certain modifiers like HP Regen 3.

To think this mode is actually more expensive than a lot of full games out there...

NinjaRonin85
11-25-2018, 09:20 PM
I'm so glad I didn't buy It, if it was test your metal I would of had to buy it cos I loved that mode.

chukblok
11-25-2018, 09:31 PM
So since ive been playing Gladiator lately i decided to try and get the effect and take a breath and dive into arcade again to get the effect...
and find out this week is even more frustrating? phase 2? the shinobis kill you in 3 hits...and parry everything...so what are you supposed to do as a gladiator?
not even worth it this time. i already have it for my main.
why the huge damage buffs on the bots?

MuscleTech12018
11-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Good that you paid. That's all that matters dude :D

chukblok
11-26-2018, 03:02 AM
Here is my biggest issue though...
I accept the challenge...ok. But ive already earned the effect for Raider and HL...there is NO incentive to keep playing arcade each week. Bringing out 1 new cosmetic per season for arcade is NOT enough for the difficulty. Because im sure most agree we arnt doing it for fun...

Devils-_-legacy
11-26-2018, 04:09 AM
I agree with one weekly effect not being enough with the price of the expansion but the same goes for the exclusive cosmetic embossing/outfit/ornament we need more I'm hoping they add past ranked rewards at the very least

villianO__O
11-26-2018, 04:57 AM
you say "for you" but is the hold community not just him it's like the dev team wants ubi to pull the game and cut there loses. is the dev team trying to get out of a contract or something so they risk livelyhood and job?

Ubi-Jimothy
11-26-2018, 12:40 PM
you say "for you" but is the hold community not just him it's like the dev team wants ubi to pull the game and cut there loses. is the dev team trying to get out of a contract or something so they risk livelyhood and job?

If you read the last comment from one of our team, we're actually looking at the Level 3 bots difficulty right now as we see that people are struggling with them being too difficult. No need for the conspiracy theories, we're trying to make the game the best experience for everyone.

RealJayDee1984
11-26-2018, 01:03 PM
I don't really regret buying Marching Fire, because For Honor brought me a lot of fun since release. But... by now I have to say there's really nothing in it for me atm.

Arcade is just a profoundly not-fun experience. I liked the concept at first, but in practice too much of it is just annoying and frustrating. Haven't even tried it lately.

And the new heroes just don't do it for me. Since the release of MF I gained a lot of Reputation levels for a variety of characters, but only got two of the Wu Lin heroes barely to Rep 1.

bannex19
11-26-2018, 05:53 PM
I regret buying marching fire. Played arcade mode maybe 4 times and only repped JJ 1 time. Def not worth the money seeing as they've abandoned the reworks or slowed them to a snails pace.

Can't wait for that major announcement For Honor "mobile". I hope china burns all these AAA devs financially.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-26-2018, 07:11 PM
I would be fine with powerful bots if they were simply well programmed and not just because they read my controller inputs. However characters themselves need to have more diverse movesets to allow the bots to mindgame.
Example: I love fighting a Kensei bot as it uses a lot of feints and parts of its kit. I don't like fighting a Shaman bot however because all it does is auto-deflect bleed in auto-light-parry bite.
Speaking of Shaman's bite, she can bite an opponent who is not bleeding so long as she starts the tackle while there is even a single point of bleed left.

chukblok
11-26-2018, 10:22 PM
I feel the modifiers need to be done away with. Regular level 3 bots vs. player. no respawn, cheat death, fire, etc. just pure frustration.
sure put 2 or 3 regular lvl 3 bots in there....with no modifiers. And always offer unique ways to dispatch bots in arcade...i like finding the little ledges etc. i mean put a hidden water hole somewhere...etc. cool and interesting things.

I mean this weeks phase 2...3 buffed shinobis in a tunnel with some minions?....i mean cmon. That is a bit dull and boring no?. Just not interesting.

Kelson27
11-29-2018, 07:23 AM
The devs believe that too many players are losing in Arcade Mode and are looking at the difficulty of level 3 bots. Sorry it's been frustrating for you!

It definitely is way too much! I havenít played in a while and thought Iíd have a go against some bots in dominion to get back into it. Almost made me delete the game 😋 it would be fantastic if we could actually choose the difficulty against bots when playing solo. They arenít challenging in a good way, itís like playing someone with an aimbot on.

Vendelkin
11-29-2018, 07:35 AM
In my first run of the shinobi/ara quest I got wrecked but did make it through.(maybe around 80 deaths total?)
My second run I made it through all 4 phases with only 3 deaths. They are possible, and you have to learn the appropriate exploits against each buff.
my third run admitting I had close to 12 deaths.
But the point is they are doable. I understand Ubi nerfing them and I'm fine with making arcade mode a bit easier, but I just want people to know its possible. In another similar thread I noted this and provided my strat for surviving it.

mann61299
11-29-2018, 02:36 PM
I'm glad I didn't buy the expansion. I can unlock the Wu Lin at any time with steel and I have enough to buy them, but really don't even desire to use them at the moment (with so many running around I'll just stick to my Warden...besides I'm almost to rep 60 with Warden finally so I need to keep the exp coming for another day or two)

iAlwaysL0se
11-30-2018, 10:08 PM
The "difficulty" in this mode and in bots just seems fabricated. Placing a player against an Ai that has inhuman reflexes and auto parry is not difficulty, its a gimmick. Even more so with all these RNG perks that more often than not, stack more odds against the player with multiple enemies.
I'm sorry, but thats just not difficulty. There's no pattern to follow, no mix ups to be had, nothing to figure out to put you in line of victory. If you don't attack they will take an eternity to attack you so you can counter, theres no strategy to be had, it's hit and get countered or just stare at the Ai. Look at games like Dark Souls boss fights, you have a pattern to figure out and that pattern can change and make you adapt to get your hard earned victory. No enemy in the game is op for the sake of being op, there's a reason they are OP or have one-shot potential, but the difference is that you can rise above it and win with strategy and skill! You get none of that here. Theres no strategy to be had, theres no brainwork involved, you just grit your teeth, get your *** kicked a bunch and hope you eventually get through the bots defenses and auto parry mechanics.

I would highly suggest you guys give these bots fixed move sets that change or randomize after each combo cycle to keep players on their toes, reprogram them from only reacting to the player and give them set mix ups that a real player would use. This would give us real difficulty as each bot level would apply more mix ups and feel more natural to fight against.

That one week they had the challenge event for arcade mode was just a slap in the face.
1. it was only accessible to a super high gear score so you couldn't even attempt it with any hero you want- big mistake and kills fun factor. Let us choose the level like the normal arcade mode man.
2. the bot was just ridiculously strong, and the match perks were set against you.
3. you're only going to do damage if your gear score matches or is higher. If your gear score is even slightly under the recommended by 1-2 levels, your damage is still ****. I have one character that was maybe 5 levels under the recommended and I was getting killed in two to three hits while It took me over 6-8 heavys to get them down to a quarter hp smh.. Gimic, not real difficulty.
4. rewards aren't guaranteed so you need to farm the **** out of it and just get a bunch of crappy loot.
5.Why do they still insist on giving ****e rewards in non PvP modes? Please give better rng and some more steel and xp because current rewards are not worth the frustration. Ubi, you should really let people level up just the same outside of PvP, forcing players to do PvP for best rewards is ridiculous, this shouldn't matter if its PvP or PvAi- GIVE SIMILAR AFTER MATCH REWARDS. You're basically forcing some players to play modes they really don't want to in order to get that bling bling warrior swag. Thats not cool bruh, let the player level as they see fit please.

*Sigh* These bots, It's like you only have two extremes! The Bot is either dumb/ weak and lets you hit it with everything and barely attacks/ parries/ faints or it's just strong as hell, parries everything, counters everything, and destroys you in seconds. The only way to win is through cheese or ledging them which again, not very fun. there is no middle ground.

This feels just like another chore to torture yourself with when you wanna break from PvP that gets you in the mood to just not play at all and it's disappointing.

I tried using Arcade as an escape from PvP when it gets overly toxic but I find myself getting even more frustrated at the arcade mode. I'm convinced we're all being trolled at this point lol
And with that said, time to continue the masochistic grind LOL damn you and your frustratingly addicting game!

billu2006
12-02-2018, 05:50 AM
I think the recently weekly quest is much easier than before
I have won it 4 times and earned 3 effects which are awesome.
And I will try it 1 more time in order to get the effect of execution.
After that, I will never play the arcade mode again........it is a torture.....
but my skills are much better than it was.so it is torturous but beneficial

sorry for poor english.

The_Sun_Danc3
12-02-2018, 07:39 AM
I have videos saved on my Xbox account of level 3 bots hitting me even though their weapons were 3+ feet away from me.
Also vids of my weapons clearly going straight through stationary Heros without hitting them as if they were a ghost and me being able to execute heros that arenít even there.
Where can I submit these videos for devs to see?