PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki pose idea

Tellahane
11-24-2018, 04:37 AM
Since shugoki is quite similar to a sumo I just thought a neat part of his kit would be to go into a pseudo full block stance where he anchors down and while in that stance invulnerable to guard break he's fully immune to all types of bashes and kicks, but can't parry or block, but can't loose his hyperarmor state either so kind of a way to trade and protect against opener, and open someone else up by having a faster recovery and immediately go into a chain, the downside is if he sits in it there's stamina drain and he's still taking more then chip damage. He's a big guy if he anchors down he shouldn't move and they should bounce off him. Just an off the top of my head idea needs more thought into it.

Hormly
11-24-2018, 06:15 AM
As a fan of sumo wrestling I've often considered how shug could further embrace his identity as a rikishi.

A stance wherein he squats low with one hand on the floor would look awesome and suit his character perfectly. I'd like it to not function as a fullblock though, rather instead give him multiple options of attack/evade, either head on, or to 'henka' to either side 😄

frankizgreat
11-24-2018, 09:57 PM
SUMO STRIKE/SLAP RUSH! he rushes foward performing 4 unblockable palm slaps that do 4 damage each and 15 stam damage each 16 total damage and 60 stam damage so less than the headbutt butt since it pushes people back with each slap can also ledge or wall splat for a guaranteed light maybe it can replace either charge of the Oni or can be performed from the sumo stance you propose.

UbiInsulin
11-25-2018, 03:19 AM
There's been a few "make Shugoki more Sumo" threads before that I've sent to the team. I can definitely see the appeal! :)