PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion? Am I a toxic player?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-24-2018, 02:03 AM
Someone mentioned toxic players and it got me thinking if I was one. So I'm going to let you decide. I play dominion or breach with shugoki usually.
The good: I never send salt mine mail, I rarely spam the pad with "thanks" or "sorry".
I will say good fight if an opponent puts up a good fight and dies. If I see two people begin a fight by emo to eachother and it's not on a zone I'll leave the fighting area. If my team destroyed the other team and there is only one guy left on the other team I try to give him an honorable 1v1 death unless he pops revenge or runs.

The bad: I love ledging, I like ganking and group fights. I don't fight honorably...like at all. If someone emos for a 1v1 and I emo back and a teammate shows up to start ganking... Well I will continue my attack. I'm not about to let him pop revenge on my teammates while I stand bye out of "honor". I'll relock on an enemy behind who I am fighting and do a charged heavy unparriable/unblockable. I'm about 50/50 on stealing kills from my teammates cuz I really don't care since I've gotten tons of assist from teammates stealing kills off a well timed DE.

Mostly I consider myself not toxic but definitely not honorable. What do you think? Am I toxic?

DefiledDragon
11-24-2018, 02:16 AM
You're just normal. Don't worry about it. In 4's, anything goes. Well, anything other than standing behind your teammate and trying to fight his opponent through him, which is really ****ing annoying, but yeah other than that, whatever.

MarshalMoriarty
11-24-2018, 04:05 AM
IMO to be classed as toxic, you have to go out of your way to upset people and not necessarily just because you want to win but because you want to wind people up. So we're talking about excessive celebrating of emotes and the whole Thanks, Thanks, Thanks thing. We're talking about targeting specific players with groups and toying with them, gbing and throwing them into walls constantly and refusing to finish them off etc.

And of course, sending people hate mail, mocking messages etc etc. If you don't do any of that, you're not toxic.

Goat_of_Vermund
11-24-2018, 05:04 AM
I only consider people toxic who message something rude or do something that is clearly for humiliating the opponent/mocking the opponent, like emote spamming. I am not happy if I am ledged in a duel intentionally, but I wouldn't even consider that toxic. Nor do I consider ganking, though I am mainly a duelist.

So, if you answer with yes to any of these questions, I consider you toxic (judging by op post, you are not):

1. Do you insult your opponents without any real provocation?*
2. Do you want to humiliate/upset your opponents on purpose without any real provocation?*

*Picking conqueror, JJ or other meta heroes and utilizing their meta skills to win doesn't count as provocation.

ArchDukeInstinct
11-24-2018, 06:29 AM
Someone mentioned toxic players and it got me thinking if I was one. So I'm going to let you decide. I play dominion or breach with shugoki usually.
The good: I never send salt mine mail, I rarely spam the pad with "thanks" or "sorry".
I will say good fight if an opponent puts up a good fight and dies. If I see two people begin a fight by emo to eachother and it's not on a zone I'll leave the fighting area. If my team destroyed the other team and there is only one guy left on the other team I try to give him an honorable 1v1 death unless he pops revenge or runs.

The bad: I love ledging, I like ganking and group fights. I don't fight honorably...like at all. If someone emos for a 1v1 and I emo back and a teammate shows up to start ganking... Well I will continue my attack. I'm not about to let him pop revenge on my teammates while I stand bye out of "honor". I'll relock on an enemy behind who I am fighting and do a charged heavy unparriable/unblockable. I'm about 50/50 on stealing kills from my teammates cuz I really don't care since I've gotten tons of assist from teammates stealing kills off a well timed DE.

Mostly I consider myself not toxic but definitely not honorable. What do you think? Am I toxic?

As far as I'm concerned, if you want an honorable duel, you play duel. End of story. Dominion, etc, you rip and tear until the job is done.

The only thing from this I would consider slightly BM is it sounded like you will sometimes say good fight before the opponent if you kill them in a duel. This is probably influenced by my Starcraft 2 days, but a victor should never say GG or Good Fight in the case of For Honor until their opponent does first.

T0NKA47
11-24-2018, 07:06 AM
There are no toxic players. Unisoft made a **** game, if anyone is toxic its the developers of this game

Siegfried-Z
11-24-2018, 11:26 AM
*Picking conqueror, JJ or other meta heroes and utilizing their meta skills to win doesn't count as provocation.

Killed me 🤣🤣

Illyrian_King
11-24-2018, 01:48 PM
You are a very passionate and smart person with a big heart for others. This is your biggest strenght, but also your weak spot, which certain people tend to abuse. Try to be more self-confident and see the world more from the realistic aspect and your love life will improve drastically.

SangLong524
11-24-2018, 01:54 PM

Quiet decent to me. I dont even consider emote spam on my corpse toxic nor emote spam during the fight, its part of mind games. As long as team comes first b4 any imaginary honor, you are good to me.
But if you spam “good fight”, or “wow” so many times, i would call that toxic. Likely an attempt to heckle. I usually pay them no mind.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-24-2018, 06:03 PM
As far as I'm concerned, if you want an honorable duel, you play duel. End of story. Dominion, etc, you rip and tear until the job is done.

The only thing from this I would consider slightly BM is it sounded like you will sometimes say good fight before the opponent if you kill them in a duel. This is probably influenced by my Starcraft 2 days, but a victor should never say GG or Good Fight in the case of For Honor until their opponent does first.
Good point

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-24-2018, 06:16 PM
Quiet decent to me. I dont even consider emote spam on my corpse toxic nor emote spam during the fight, its part of mind games. As long as team comes first b4 any imaginary honor, you are good to me.
But if you spam “good fight”, or “wow” so many times, i would call that toxic. Likely an attempt to heckle. I usually pay them no mind.
I consider teabagging in any form toxic even dances like Berzerkers emo dance when the opponent is dead. I don't consider emo spam during a fight toxic if it is used as a diversion or taunt to make a turtle open up. If it's used to belittle a low skill player during a fight your obviously going to win them it's toxic. I had a really good centurion do this to me once when I was on the backropes. He did it over and over running me oos until he did it too much at the end and I got a lucky gb on him and one shotted him with a wall splat demons embrace. He rage quit. I laughed. Was tempted to record it and send it to him but decided to just let it go.
If I kill a gank squad I'll shake my stick only if I'm going to record the fight...i guess that would be toxic but it looks good in the video.
If someone uses an op feat on me and I kill them anyways I'll emo spam. Like if a raider hide behind an invisible bear trap, kens unblockable, orochi shout, lawbringers bombs (which gets soaked up by my HA) ect.

BadBOO17
11-24-2018, 07:26 PM
The games called For Honor but there is no honor in this game. The best way to play this game is by being toxic whether its ganking or abusing characters.
For me, i play just normally like everyone else til i start getting pissed by light spam or someone being toxic to me. Once that happens i bring out my main Raider and just abuse his carry move and unlocked zone while spamming thanks and his emote.

UbiInsulin
11-24-2018, 08:07 PM

There's been a lot of threads about this in the past. I'll say what I've said previously: we don't want to decree how players should play the game from a "cultural" standpoint. I.e. if you want to opt-in to the duels or nothing style, go for it.

There's two sides to every coin. Some players get understandably annoyed when their teammates won't help them win in what should be an advantageous situation.