PDA

View Full Version : Recruit Assassin 11/12 is not a glitch.

ihal
11-19-2011, 11:05 AM
To make a long story short, it's possible to recruit more than 11 Assassins without killing any of your recruits. Read the bolded part again. Whether it should have been 11/11 or not is up for debate.

When doing recruit contracts (Mediterranean Defense), you have the ability to station recruits at a city after you gain control of it. This frees up a slot in your recruit bar and allows you to get another. The in-game help can explain the whole thing to you. (For the record, to max out every city, you need around 70 recruits.)

To do so, you highlight one of your Assassin-controlled cities, and at the bottom you'll see "Manage Assassins". This opens up a menu where you pick someone to send there to keep things under control (it slows down Templars regaining control). The rest I'm leaving as an exercise to you. It isn't a feature that's explained in the course of normal play, sadly; you have to figure it out for yourself either by playing around or, better still, reading the in-game manual on it.

Incidentally, stationing more than one of your higher-level recruits at a city lets it go over the cap of 50% control, to answer another not-a-bug issue I saw.

ihal
11-19-2011, 11:05 AM
To make a long story short, it's possible to recruit more than 11 Assassins without killing any of your recruits. Read the bolded part again. Whether it should have been 11/11 or not is up for debate.

When doing recruit contracts (Mediterranean Defense), you have the ability to station recruits at a city after you gain control of it. This frees up a slot in your recruit bar and allows you to get another. The in-game help can explain the whole thing to you. (For the record, to max out every city, you need around 70 recruits.)

To do so, you highlight one of your Assassin-controlled cities, and at the bottom you'll see "Manage Assassins". This opens up a menu where you pick someone to send there to keep things under control (it slows down Templars regaining control). The rest I'm leaving as an exercise to you. It isn't a feature that's explained in the course of normal play, sadly; you have to figure it out for yourself either by playing around or, better still, reading the in-game manual on it.

Incidentally, stationing more than one of your higher-level recruits at a city lets it go over the cap of 50% control, to answer another not-a-bug issue I saw.

IntoxicEIGHT
11-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Thanks, this clears up a few questions i had about Mediterranean Defense

and 70 recruits? sheesh.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 01:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IntoxicEIGHT:
Thanks, this clears up a few questions i had about Mediterranean Defense

and 70 recruits? sheesh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually it's 77 or 82 if you've unlocked Rhodes.

EmperorxZurg
11-19-2011, 04:01 PM
oh, wow. I didn't notice this! *stations half of his roster, containing master assassins, at cities* Finally, time to get more people and laugh at their low levels! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

StarDreamer99
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the information. I can't believe I didn't notice the assign/manage option on the screen with the list of cities. A bit late for me as I'm on DNA sequence 8, but better late than never. I'll be sure to fill up all the available city slots on my 2nd playthrough.

IntoxicEIGHT
11-19-2011, 06:14 PM
Gonna take awhile to assign 5 recruits to each city

AdmiralPerry
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
80 or so recruits? Challenge accepted. I'm ready to train the lot of them.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdmiralPerry:
80 or so recruits? Challenge accepted. I'm ready to train the lot of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you station them in cities they'll also level up periodically btw.

ProdiGurl
11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StarDreamer99:
Thanks for the information. I can't believe I didn't notice the assign/manage option on the screen with the list of cities. A bit late for me as I'm on DNA sequence 8, but better late than never. I'll be sure to fill up all the available city slots on my 2nd playthrough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't see that option either and I'm on Seq. 5. lol