PDA

View Full Version : Landing gear on the 1-16

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Does anybody know how to lower the landing gear on 1-16s? I tried just pressing G, but nothing happened, and i can lower my flaps just fine.

By the way, how do the flaps of these planes get jammed?

Thanks

-McTriggerhappy

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Does anybody know how to lower the landing gear on 1-16s? I tried just pressing G, but nothing happened, and i can lower my flaps just fine.

By the way, how do the flaps of these planes get jammed?

Thanks

-McTriggerhappy

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 02:59 PM
McTriggerhappy wrote:
- Does anybody know how to lower the landing gear on
- 1-16s? I tried just pressing G, but nothing
- happened, and i can lower my flaps just fine.
-
- By the way, how do the flaps of these planes get
- jammed?
-
- Thanks
-
--McTriggerhappy
-
-

Hi McTriggerhappy.

Real I-16s have a hand-actuated mechanism to lower landing gear. So, if you press >G< nothing happens, it's normal. Just look on the configuration panel for keyboard/joystick config. Should be >shift G< or so...

Zayets
08-18-2003, 02:59 PM
I-16 has a manual gear mechanism. One would need to lower/raise the gear using some kinda crank not like it will push a abutton.
In the game you will have to assign a key for lowering gear and a key for raising it. The you must repeatedly press on these keys to raise/lower the gear.Hope it helps. I have shift-G for raise and ctrl-G for lowering.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:01 PM
McTriggerhappy wrote:
- Does anybody know how to lower the landing gear on
- 1-16s? I tried just pressing G, but nothing
- happened, and i can lower my flaps just fine.

Gear on an I-16 is manually cranked. You have to assign a button to "raise gear" and one to "lower gear", then hit the button _repeatedly_ (some 30-40 times) to crank the gear.

--
Joques
Ok, so you've got a Yak
That don't impress me much

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Since my normal Landing gear operation is on my joystick, I use the "G" key to raise (pressing repeatedly of course) and the "H" key to lower.

Works for me.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/_uimages/p47atm.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 04:00 PM
McTriggerhappy wrote:
- By the way, how do the flaps of these planes get
- jammed?
-

Eh? I don't follow you. Waddya mean?

XyZspineZyX
08-18-2003, 04:27 PM
I find flaps get jammed if you open them at too high a speed I'm diving to get behind someone and in an effort to bleed speed I open the flaps over and above "combat" say landing or take-off.I then get a message that the flaps are jammed,and I generally swoop past the other guy and end up with him on my six.Hope this helps.