PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about the Wu Lin Faction and Marching Fire

FrostyMoonMoon
11-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Before I start, English is not my first language. You may see lots of grammar mistakes. I'm really sorry for that.

I did'nt buy the expansion. (Prices are so high in Republic of Turkey due to currency) So this is only about heros and breach mode. :)

Let's start with the breach mode. Thanks to devs breach mode is good. I mean really good. So far i enjoyed it. Best rewards, easy to level up with champion status, +exp and orders. I have fps drops sometimes (Probably it's because of my Ryzen 3 1200 and GTX 1050ti. I know not the best but i can only afford them.) but it's fine. But sometimes when playing fps drops and kicks players.
There is a bug in the Kazan Castle. On the way of the second gate, after you kill the guardian he appears under the bridge of the Shield Banner.

Another problem is leavers. Players can join the game until the first gate destroyed. I think this is very bad. Players at least can join until the second gate or the middle of the way the second gate. Playing the game for 20 min with a bot is really hard. With 2 bots way more harder.

Tiandi: I think Tiandi made for spamming the zone and light attacks. Undodgeable top light attack (Really fast). Second light after a light attack is so fast. I think the damage of the second light must be reduced. And female Tiandi has annoying voice.

Shaolin: This is a medieval age 3rd person action game and this monkey can teleport... Really? Teleport? And do you know whats bad. At the Kazan Castle just outside the Healing Point there is a balcony. I am fighting against Shaolin with Orochi. 2 out of 3 left attacks of mine stuck on that fence of the balcony but Shaolin's 548465 meter long stick did not. (The fences was on the right side of him. And this is about his attacks from the right side.) I know he is Hybird. But I'm sure he is one hell of a Over Powered hybrid.

Jiang Jun: Side lights are so fast. If Orochi and JJ light attacks from the side at the same time JJ will hit first. What can i say. A heavy hero that is so fast. Who's idea was that? And if you try to run from jj. He will catch you with his flying top light attacks. Unblockable and fast side attacks. (I call it helicopter.)

Nuxia: I don't know maybe the light after the hook attack (30 Damage). Or his light spamming attacks. She is not well balanced. But atleast she is the most balanced between the new ones.

I am not the best For Honor player in the world. But new hero's needs to be more balanced. Bringing the game too much disabling moves are really bad.

MrB3NX
11-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Bringing the game too much disabling moves are really bad.

I agree with you sir .

Korpraali.Kanki
11-22-2018, 03:29 PM
Wu lin faction is for bad players thats why they so op spam classes. I enjoy this game and happy to see That only few ppl play those ***** classes 😂

Siegfried-Z
11-22-2018, 03:42 PM
Before I start, English is not my first language. You may see lots of grammar mistakes. I'm really sorry for that.

I did'nt buy the expansion. (Prices are so high in Republic of Turkey due to currency) So this is only about heros and breach mode. :)

Let's start with the breach mode. Thanks to devs breach mode is good. I mean really good. So far i enjoyed it. Best rewards, easy to level up with champion status, +exp and orders. I have fps drops sometimes (Probably it's because of my Ryzen 3 1200 and GTX 1050ti. I know not the best but i can only afford them.) but it's fine. But sometimes when playing fps drops and kicks players.
There is a bug in the Kazan Castle. On the way of the second gate, after you kill the guardian he appears under the bridge of the Shield Banner.

Another problem is leavers. Players can join the game until the first gate destroyed. I think this is very bad. Players at least can join until the second gate or the middle of the way the second gate. Playing the game for 20 min with a bot is really hard. With 2 bots way more harder.

Tiandi: I think Tiandi made for spamming the zone and light attacks. Undodgeable top light attack (Really fast). Second light after a light attack is so fast. I think the damage of the second light must be reduced. And female Tiandi has annoying voice.

Shaolin: This is a medieval age 3rd person action game and this monkey can teleport... Really? Teleport? And do you know whats bad. At the Kazan Castle just outside the Healing Point there is a balcony. I am fighting against Shaolin with Orochi. 2 out of 3 left attacks of mine stuck on that fence of the balcony but Shaolin's 548465 meter long stick did not. (The fences was on the right side of him. And this is about his attacks from the right side.) I know he is Hybird. But I'm sure he is one hell of a Over Powered hybrid.

Jiang Jun: Side lights are so fast. If Orochi and JJ light attacks from the side at the same time JJ will hit first. What can i say. A heavy hero that is so fast. Who's idea was that? And if you try to run from jj. He will catch you with his flying top light attacks. Unblockable and fast side attacks. (I call it helicopter.)

Nuxia: I don't know maybe the light after the hook attack (30 Damage). Or his light spamming attacks. She is not well balanced. But atleast she is the most balanced between the new ones.

I am not the best For Honor player in the world. But new hero's needs to be more balanced. Bringing the game too much disabling moves are really bad.

You're right.

WuLin Char are too strong. I find the game so frustrating to play since their release.

Nuxia is only average so as you said she's the most balanced because the 3 others are monsters.

Shaolin is insane but if you keep guard on the top and don't dodge each times he goes in qi stance you can beat him.

But, Tiandi and JJ omg...

Tiandi or how to release a spammy annoying skillless vanguard... Tiandi gameplay : L-L / Zone feint Palm strike / Dash L-L / Kick SF into Dash light... aaaarrh i Deeply hate this char. Any noobs can pick him and beat more experienced players.
Again i play on console.

Just look at the concept of his Kick, this is a bash so your only solution is to dogge and he can soffeint it into an undodgable dash attacks ................................ That say all.

JJ ! JJ as you said is by far too fast for the huuuge DmG he does. In 4v4 it is just an easy win. He has :

Best HP pool with LB
Feats with Health and Shield
Long range and insane AOE property
Among biggest dmg of the game : 45 dmg UB, 28 dmg zone..
HA on any first heavies and second are UB in any direction (target switching monster)
Heavy but with 500ms light chain which looks bug and look faster than 500ms for a huge 28 dmg L-L combo
Let's analyze his dash : A heavy with dash attack (why not), condired as a heavy (no risk, can execute), and has HA : 20 dmg. And ! can be softfeinted into a 400ms light ... Wooow ! Nice ..
Dash top heavy softfeint for a 20 dmg light or an UB if the is a wall .... Because, yes, it can wallsplat...
Parry option : 28dmg zone which can chain into an UB or a slap which take 4sec and is not interupted by your mates (so, it is a guaranteed kill if you have some allies arround).

Let me laugh, how this guy could be balanced... i'm rep 3 with him and i'm already doing far better than with any others Char i've played before.. He is the strongest char of the game in 4V4 in my opinion.

Herbstlicht
11-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Hm, Just a few things. First: this is no objective feedback due to obviously wrong statements. I grab JJ light being faster then Orochi. It is not. You might just have attacked later or got some latency problems. Second, I agree on jj and him only being slightly overtuned. Tiandi and monk are fine. They both aren't the strongest of the cast anywhere. They are viable, different from the original cast but are definitely ok when it comes to the numbers and speed. Third: You complain about light speed and use Orochi, like really? He has nothing else. And in console on a lower skill bracket, I say Orochi will most often destroy monk due to being spammier and able to chain more lights as well as continue attacking with dodge attacks. And last, I dislike most active feats. They all feel cheap somewhere. But that's just the way the game is. What's worse. Kick or Kiai? I dislike Kiai even more. Kick guarantees only a light. A lot of projectile attacks guarantee higher damage. Oh and kick can even be dodged.

Anyway, I think we got awesome new heroes. And you might think so too after you learned about them some more.

Siegfried-Z
11-22-2018, 05:52 PM
Hm, Just a few things. First: this is no objective feedback due to obviously wrong statements. I grab JJ light being faster then Orochi. It is not. You might just have attacked later or got some latency problems. Second, I agree on jj and him only being slightly overtuned. Tiandi and monk are fine. They both aren't the strongest of the cast anywhere. They are viable, different from the original cast but are definitely ok when it comes to the numbers and speed. Third: You complain about light speed and use Orochi, like really? He has nothing else. And in console on a lower skill bracket, I say Orochi will most often destroy monk due to being spammier and able to chain more lights as well as continue attacking with dodge attacks. And last, I dislike most active feats. They all feel cheap somewhere. But that's just the way the game is. What's worse. Kick or Kiai? I dislike Kiai even more. Kick guarantees only a light. A lot of projectile attacks guarantee higher damage. Oh and kick can even be dodged.

Anyway, I think we got awesome new heroes. And you might think so too after you learned about them some more.

I know this wans't a response to me but i just would like to note few things.

Tiandi isn't fine when it come to speed. His lights are too fast. 400ms lights have always been showed as a problem on console and now even a Vanguard got it. He's much more faster in any points than the 3 others vanguards. He feels more like an hybrid tbh.

You said kick can be dodge but that's most of time by luck that people dodge it after a Shaolin teleportation.

And JJ is a bit more than slightly overtuned in 4v4 in my opinion. He's got litteraly everything compared to poors shugo and WL.

My thoughts are Tiandi Second light should become 500ms : It gonna catch people anyway often enough. And his Zone and palm strike are viable tools still. It would reduce his Spammy style, which i believe people dislike.

JJ should have his DMG reduced on light, Ub and Zone to : L-L from 20-18 to 18-16 - Zone from 28 to 22 max - UB from 45 to 40 max.

I mean, i've spend 3 reps with the big guy and don't get me wrong i like his kit and i'm happy to finally got a heavy fitting my playstyle. But it's really "Easy mode" playing him which i dislike.

MuscleTech12018
11-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Wu lin faction is for bad players thats why they so op spam classes. I enjoy this game and happy to see That only few ppl play those ***** classes ��

Actually there is a rumor on reddit that Ubisoft wanted to lick the chinese audiance to try this game. How ? By making op heroes and satisfying the chinese feeling of superiority over the rest of the world ( you know, communism sucks)

They even proceeded to remove certain words ingame ( like Deus Vult) to appease and make money from the chinese ...

Eh, Canadians and they "political corectness" . Not to mention canadians dont use words like mankind but "peoplekind" not to offence anyone :))

Tatsu147146
11-22-2018, 09:53 PM

Just one thing about JJ, at the moment there is a glitch where his lights are in fact as fast or faster than Orochi because the damage hits before the animation does but they said they would fix that. Also you said that his feedback wasn't objective but neither is yours. And Orochi dodge attacks are extremely easy to parry.

And as for your final comment that you think the Wu Lin are cool, that is an opinion which isn't really shared by almost any one in the community. And thinking they are cool doesn't mean they aren't unbalanced.

toninhocaganera
11-22-2018, 10:22 PM
the game was dying, the Wu Lin faction was the fatality.... I know a lot of players who doesn't play anymore because of this noob faction on console.