PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the darn user manual

edowney10
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone know where the user manual for il-2 is? I found a PDF that shows the particulars of each aircraft but nothing that tells me how to aim the darn gun, take off, land, etc. I know I saw some 'video' tutorials but it's hard to take notes when the plane is doing 180km/h.

edowney10
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi All,
Does anyone know where the user manual for il-2 is? I found a PDF that shows the particulars of each aircraft but nothing that tells me how to aim the darn gun, take off, land, etc. I know I saw some 'video' tutorials but it's hard to take notes when the plane is doing 180km/h.

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Do you mean

Il2 Sturmovik

Il2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles

or Il2 Sturmovik: 1946

tagTaken2
09-28-2007, 07:04 PM
It should be in the game folder, or at worst, on one of the game disks if you have an earlier version. It's in pdf format, but also look at the readme.doc, there's a lot of information in there.
More better would be to look at the "Nuggets's guide to getting off the ground" thread on this board.

Skycat_2
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm assuming you have 1946 because that was the only version in the series that came with a PDF that had notes about specific planes. Look in your game's main folder for a PDF titled "Manual." That is the game manual.

As for specific skills like gunnery, watch and absorb the videos. Get a feel for generalities because the planes don't all take off and land at the same speed, etc., and they don't all fly the same or have similar armament.

After that you'll have to learn through questions, observations, supplementary guides and FAQs, and through good ol' trial and error. Focus on a couple of planes that you like and learn them well because you can't possibly master 200 different planes all at once.

Edit: Look at this link for essential reading. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=51910959) The guide called "In Pursuit" is very good. And just for the fun of it I'm going to plug a thread about how to read instruments and use various features (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/7631085295).