PDA

View Full Version : Please lower my skill

DoctorMcBatman
11-21-2018, 02:07 AM
I see the same names every time I play. These guys get 70% or more light parries. They block everything that they don't parry, and they feint every other attack. Every GB is countered unless I get lucky and they whiff something.

I am not good enough to be playing with these players. I'm not trying to actively hone my skill or improve greatly, I want to play 2-3 matches and have fun, not get owned 90% of the time. Please lower my skill rating.

My guess is there aren't enough very high skilled players to fill matches on their own, so average players get pulled in. Just a guess, but if it's correct it's quite unfair.

EDIT: I should add I have no problem losing a good fight, and sure every now and then there might be a player or two who just stomps you. But when it's the same 10-15 names I've been seeing for the last year and a half almost every game, it gets frustrating.

Rhyza.
11-21-2018, 03:22 AM
Same experience overall. I'm not some amazing player with god like reaction speed, even though my apparent 25 rep makes the system think I am. I know the standard response in this community is 'git gud,' but maybe that's why the player base is so small.

Just take it as it is, because I don't think Ubi will do anything to change how a players skill is measured so we get decent matches.

Vrbas1
11-21-2018, 07:03 AM
Try being Rep 100. I'm by no means amazing, just been playing since beta. I think they should implement the old Halo 2 "true skill" system where you can actually LOSE rank depending on how well you do.

Instead this new "the longer you play the more you level up" system remains, which is no true reflection of skill.

The_B0G_
11-21-2018, 03:36 PM
I don't think people are currently matched by reps, it's part of the matchmaking but skill does matter as well, I do think you're probably right about not having enough players in either yours or their skill bracket. I see a lot of familiar names while playing too, but I feel like if I were to fight anyone less skilled I would be stomping on people, as I am I have good matches and bad matches, sometimes the matchmaking feels unfair and I get stomped, but I have matches where I'm kicking a** too.

Are you on PC? I only ask because you stated there weren't enough high level players, console doesn't have a low player base problem yet, not unless everyone quit in the last month ( I haven't played FH since RDR2 came out :| ).

Blitzwarrior771
11-21-2018, 06:27 PM
This is exactly the issue with the game . As ordinary player you want to have a fun . How can you have fun when everything is parried and blocked ? As ordinary player you work / study all day and you have a girlfriend thatís also demanding and u want to play 2-3 games of honor per day and have fun but u canít have fun with this game . Developers says practice git gud with the game be like 2,5% top players no job no school no girlfriend and and just play this game so your skills stay sharp . No thanks I wonít even touch the game . Unless we stop being a punching bag and stop playing they will never fix it .

Archeun
11-21-2018, 08:15 PM
I've played the game since launch. I am parried/blocked constantly and always have been. For Honor is the only PVP game I have any issue with. I've been told by people that they have macros and other things setup in a way that makes the game incredibly easy to play but I've never figured (or cared enough) to actually learn how.

The matchmaking in this game is horrible and always has been. Don't waste your time pointing it out. I stopped doing it a long time ago. You'll just have the Git Gud crowd tell you that you suck and you need to get better. For Honor's population spikes after every major patch and drops quickly back to the die-hard's. The best advice I can give you is simple. If you don't enjoy the game, play something else.

EvoX.
11-21-2018, 11:16 PM
I'm sure you already know that the developers won't just lower your MMR. That will happen naturally if you keep losing, though I realize that's less than not fun.

I'm also interested in the platform you play on.

Tellahane
11-22-2018, 12:16 AM
Or you can do what I've ran into some lately is just make a new account come in with a rep 0 and party block every single attack someone throws and destroy everyone getting a 50 takedown breach score while everyone else has like 5 or 6