PDA

View Full Version : Achievements Glitched

steffmills
11-20-2018, 08:30 PM
There seems to be an issue with achievements and co-op gameplay, and I've reproduced it with a couple of achievements across profiles.

Basically, in a co-op game if P1 or P2 unlock an achievement, it only gives it to P1. Fair enough, not ideal but it's P1's game world so I can see that.

However the real problem is when if P2, separately, and in their own solo campaign, gets that self same achievement (I.e. taking down a Prime in co-op) it won't unlock for them regardless of how many times they do it because they did it first as P2 in a different campaign.

I've reproduced this with a number of achievements. Basically, I'm at the end of the campaign but have not received achievements of taking down a Prime (solo or co-op) despite having done both multiple times as P1, because I did it first as P2.

I hope this makes sense.

UbiGabrinth
11-20-2018, 11:04 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Do you have any recorded video on your Xbox showing that you completed the achievement solo and with a friend?

steffmills
11-21-2018, 10:23 AM
No, but I can record one of me taking down a Prime in co-op, and clearly show that I don't have any associated achievement, nor receive any for it. (I.e. take down a prime, & take down a prime in co-op)

UbiGabrinth
11-21-2018, 09:19 PM
That sounds great, thanks!

steffmills
11-21-2018, 11:44 PM
Here's a video of me taking down a Prime in co-op without any achievement popping.

https://xboxclips.com/OBiW4N%20SHiNOBi/09d46ad6-cbe1-4245-a333-3a2ac58b4521/embed

Here's an image showing that my character hasn't got either of the achievements despite being at the point where they can face Grax, but my partner has.
https://i.imgur.com/VCAhAu6.jpg

steffmills
11-21-2018, 11:48 PM
...and here's a picture showing that I haven't got the "acquire a legendary mod" achievement, despite clearly having multiple legendary mods.

Again, the same thing happened. I was P2 in a co-op game the first time I saw a legendary mod and P1 got the achievement as expected. Then when I went back to my own game and acquired a legendary, no achievement.

https://i.imgur.com/6bLmqYt.jpg

Ubi-Swaggins
11-23-2018, 03:33 PM
Hey steffmills,

I am sorry to hear about your issues with Achievements.

Just for clarification, in each instance has the Achievement unlocked on the Player 1 side but not on yours?

Cheers,

steffmills
11-24-2018, 12:38 AM
I think you may be misunderstanding my explanation. Apologies.

Yes the achievements unlocked OK for P1 when I was P2.

Yes I *know* that achievements only unlock for P1, that is not my issue here.

In every case I played co-op *first* as P2 but the issue is, that after playing as P2, achievements that were unlocked in the co-op game won't unlock for you in your own game when you fulfill the required criteria in your own campaign.

In the example in the video, that's my ship on the left as P1 (green profile colour in the following screenshot) with my partner as P2 (red profile). You can see that we take down a prime in co-op with no achievement popping.

Then the accompanying screenshot, is P2 comparing their achievements with P1 after the encounter.

I did it that way so you can see (as one of them is a hidden achievement) that P2 has both achievements associated with taking down a prime from our first game (not recorded).

In that game the roles were reversed, but this time round you can see that I as P1 have neither achievement, despite the fact you just saw me in the video take down a prime *in co-op* as P1; a feat which *should* have netted the "Tag Team" and "The Bigger They Are"achievements.

The "Legendary Modder" was the same story. We played a co-op game where I was P2. My partner unlocked the achievement and it popped fine for her as P1.

Later, when I carried on my own campaign as P1 I received my own first legendary mod, but no achievement popped. Despite playing solo with no other profile signed in.

I have since acquired a half a dozen or so legendaries and as you can clearly see in that last screenshot. Which was taken in my own campaign as P1, I have multiple legendaries equipped and no associated achievement.

I hope this makes more sense. Sorry if I'm not being clear enough.

UbiGabrinth
11-24-2018, 05:24 AM
This is very clear, and I've reported it to the Starlink team to be looked into.

One potentially important consideration: are you always playing with the same friend? Does this issue persist if you complete an achievement as player one with a different friend?

steffmills
11-24-2018, 08:58 AM
No, I'm not always playing with same friend. There are three profiles on my machine; mine, my son's, and my partner's.

It doesn't matter which profile I play co-op with, if I'm P2 when they unlock something as P1 then I don't seem to be able to earn it separately in my own campaign.

The achievements will unlock for the third profile however. So for the co-op "Tag Team" achievement; I first "earned" it with my son. I was P2, he was P1. It unlocked fine for him.

Later, we switched and I played the game as P1, with my son as P2 with me and I couldn't get it to unlock.

At this point I didn't realise that only P1 earned achievements so when my partner was playing on her profile I joined as P2 in her game and we took down a prime together. Both achievements unlocked fine for her as P1 as it was her first time.

But I can't unlock it at all regardless of who I play with. More bizarre, is the "The Bigger They Are" achievement as that shouldn't matter whether I'm co-op or solo!

So, to recap. ;-)
Are you always playing with the same friend?
No.

Does this issue persist if you complete an achievement as player one with a different friend?
Yes.

I hope this helps. Thanks for your time with this.

UbiMatcha
11-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Thanks steffmills, the info is a great help!
We'll let you know if we have any updates on this issue.