PDA

View Full Version : Balance suggestions! Must read!

Vtach93
11-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Bash in this thread is referring to any bash/shove/kick ect.

1. 450ms will be the fastest offensive move

2. 400ms ReWork - If speed cannot be compromised, light attack damage needs to be reduced. (The light attack function should be used as a way to stagger and strategize around an opponent to eventually open them up, versus using light attacks as the main attack)

3. Bash ReWork - After using a bash, a 10-second debuff will be displayed only to the hero: if a bash is whiffed while the debuff is active, the hero will become exhausted [with re-actable cgb and block/parry]

4. Bash ReWork Alternatives - Bashes have a cooldown of 5-10s OR extremely punishable upon whiff (examples; exhaustion [with re-actable cgb and block/parry], become staggered after a whiffed bash to guarantee a gb punish or half stamina drain upon whiff with a bash cooldown).

5. Bashing no longer guarantees a heavy unless used with wall splat [Highlander kick guarantees a light unless wall splat, throw no longer guarantees heavy and has punishable whiff properties. Wardens fully charged bash guarantees a side heavy unless used with wall splat for top heavy].

6. Ranked gameplay can have separate game properties to accommodate adept players (Example; The alterations above would not apply to ranked gameplay)

PonE-Sharp
11-20-2018, 03:36 PM
No

UbiInsulin
11-20-2018, 09:02 PM
Lght attack speed and damage is looked at on a case by case basis, but ultimately it's important that they be fast enough to be viable.

And on the subject of bashes, that's again something where each move can be adjusted, but there need to be openers.

I don't think it's likely that separately balancing two versions of the game for casual and ranked would happen.

Siegfried-Z
11-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Lght attack speed and damage is looked at on a case by case basis, but ultimately it's important that they be fast enough to be viable.

And on the subject of bashes, that's again something where each move can be adjusted, but there need to be openers.

I don't think it's likely that separately balancing two versions of the game for casual and ranked would happen.

The only thing we should keep from his post which is interesting is to have no attacks faster than 450ms. That would be very good and would "fit" better both Console and PC issues

The_B0G_
11-21-2018, 02:23 PM
The only thing we should keep from his post which is interesting is to have no attacks faster than 450ms. That would be very good and would "fit" better both Console and PC issues

It'll never happen because pope is bad at the game and in offline against a bot he can block everything besides 400ma lights, it's a ridiculous reason, but it is the reason they gave us.

Siegfried-Z
11-21-2018, 03:30 PM
It'll never happen because pope is bad at the game and in offline against a bot he can block everything besides 400ma lights, it's a ridiculous reason, but it is the reason they gave us.

Wth.. this guy is serious ? Against a bot .. Thanks for the info ^^

The_B0G_
11-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Wth.. this guy is serious ? Against a bot .. Thanks for the info ^^

That's how they justified the 400 ms lights on the last warrior's den, yes.

Siegfried-Z
11-21-2018, 05:07 PM
That's how they justified the 400 ms lights on the last warrior's den, yes.

This broke my last hopes :D I'm gonna end it by mooving to PC and lost my 137rep one day lol

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
So did anyone else take that infinites pole on YouTube? I voted that the wulin make the game less enjoyable. I think the 400ms lights combined with latency combined with multiple hits is a bit overwhelming. Considering your fighting multiple attackers it becomes very stressful. Being constantly hit by fast lights, bashes, unblockables, invisible side gbs...it's a bit too much to kill the turtle meta in a game supossibly designed to fight multiple opponents.
Their reasoning for not focusing on 1v1 in 4v4 was that you wouldn't see the epic moments where you beat the gank squad. Well in order to have those moments you have to be able to turtle if your playing a character that doesn't give much sideswipe damage. Also instead of putting a revenge limiter on 1v1s in 4v4s they took out revenge build which, again, limits those epic moments for some classes without any compensation. NOW since they got ride of gear score they are willing to look at revenge in 1v1 matches during 4v4 game mode? How does that make sense.
And for those shugoki lovers for over a year now we have been hearing that shugoki is fine where he is at yet he is constantly Nerfed. So now they admit he needs help? Um Yea because you keep nerfing him even when you say he is in a statically good spot. For making the statement that you don't want to continually tweak the game you sure managed to tweak the game for no reason at all. How many unneeded tweaks have we seen? How many tweaks have gone on the backburner that needed to be addressed? Watch.. Just watch.. In 6 months to a year they will say they were wrong about 400ms lights on an online game in 4v4s and take another 6 months to fix it. Ftg.
This game was advertised as a multiple opponent fighting game not a pvAI in practice mode without latency. Stop focusing on 1v1 as your pillar of what to tweak next. If I wanted to fight 1v1 I'd buy a generic fighting game.