PDA

View Full Version : Breach Quitter Penalties (and other compensations)

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 11:56 AM
Just like the title says, quitter penalties. We need to bring them back something hard for Breach, so many people rq when they are losing beyond comeback and it just ruins it for those of us who don't. Something that hits hard too, something like if its at door one its like 10 minutes. Door 2 is half an hour, and at commander its an hour. Just throwing numbers at the wall, but it has to be something to deter doing it and just take the L and your xp and leave.

Another idea I had was to compensate those abandoned by their team, considering it is impossible to win with the brain dead AI unless you are lucky and get Level 3 cheater bots. Something like bonus xp for each person that left, like if 2 people leave you and the other person get double xp, kinda like you are getting their share of the rewards.

Last idea is something concerning bots in breach. Since it is a little much to ask them to play like players, another approach would be to nerf the exploiting of them. It is super easy to gank a bot dead so what if on attacker's side bots did not consume stock when reviving, that way people can't just farm your bots for kills and deplete your spawns that way. Not sure how it would work or if it would be too op, but again all of these are ideas I am just tossing out there. I ain't a dev, I can't test if any of this would be game breaking.

DefiledDragon
11-20-2018, 04:03 PM
I'm usually 100% behind match abandon penalties and pretty harsh ones at that with the reasoning that it's better to suffer a quit penalty on the rare cases of a lost connection than it is to suffer people quitting the game on you. However, given that some days, being disconnected from a game is the norm rather than the exception, I'm reluctant to get behind too severe a penalty. I've had days where I've been disconnected from about 3 or 4 matches out of 10. If I were penalised each time, on top of the XP/Gear loss I would not be thrilled. I'm already not thrilled by the disconnects in the first place.

Illyrian_King
11-20-2018, 04:23 PM
I am against that quitter penalties until people finally learn how to play this mode rightly.

They don't even have to be murder machines, as long as they at least try to play the objective.

I get matchmaked with complete scrubs with 1/2 of my end score. I don't want to carry such people for a whole match. NO.

I left more matches then I played.

SicKno86
11-20-2018, 07:26 PM
I am against that quitter penalties until people finally learn how to play this mode rightly.

They don't even have to be murder machines, as long as they at least try to play the objective.

I get matchmaked with complete scrubs with 1/2 of my end score. I don't want to carry such people for a whole match. NO.

I left more matches then I played.

Do what i did. Stop playing Breach. The matchmaking is trash and it's not gonna get any better. Im considered the "carry" player 99% of the time by matchmaking too and i honestly don't mind, IF my team is atleast competent. They're never competent though.

When Breach first came out people actually knew how to play. Now nobody knows how to play. The reason for that is simple. The people that do know how to play Breach (and it's not like Breach mode is rocket science) have left, because they're dealing with bad and dumb players every single time.

Quit penalties? What for? So good players have to babysit and run between Ram, Archer Zones, Guardian and the flag for 30 minutes straight? Trust me there have been matches where i did all of those things and carriedy worthless teammates to victory. Sure the enemy was terrible too, but i still won the match singlehandedly.

Just give up man. No shame in it.

ytrecvbnm
11-20-2018, 07:26 PM
I like the compensate the remaining players idea.

I usually don't miss the rage quitters and my team has done better and stolen wins after they left.

I almost pulled off the 1v4 once, held off the other team as a defender til there was 30 seconds left. No idea what the 3 bots were doing the entire time.

UbiInsulin
11-20-2018, 11:27 PM
I saw similar ideas as far back as the Test. I can let the team know that either penalties or extra incentives for remaining players might be justified.

Tellahane
11-20-2018, 11:53 PM
I saw similar ideas as far back as the Test. I can let the team know that either penalties or extra incentives for remaining players might be justified.

Can we fix the connectivity issues first, I mean people leaving is one thing but I get disconnected from matches all the time randomly on PS4, I always play with buddies in a group and it's worse especially late at night into early morning. I'd hate to get penalized for something not my fault, wildlands had to learn that mistake the hard way already.

Helnekromancer
11-21-2018, 05:55 PM
I would agree with the penalty if this game had good connection. I'm getting disconnected more and more now and I'm hard wired with green NAT.

With players, I stopped playing PvP Breach a long time ago because I constantly have to carry, running around trying to revive teammates as one salt teammate constantly hits me to stop the revive and shot teammates with the balista. I can't tell if this Xbox playerbase are kids or man-children, but it's very annoying and toxic.

The worse part is even if I play PvE Breach and fight against lvl 2 bots, teammates will still ignore the objectives, lose fights against lvl 2 bots and ragequit, and die to the Guardian.

Blitzwarrior771
11-21-2018, 08:27 PM
Breach is not working sometimes attackers canít even reach the gate they get ganked at their spawn point . And if u have ai on your team you are screwd .

Rhyza.
11-21-2018, 08:51 PM
Just switch the bots to lvl 3. Shouldn't that even things out?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-21-2018, 09:45 PM
Maybe instead of a timed penalty you could make an order penalty were the next few games don't count towards orders.

Illyrian_King
11-21-2018, 09:56 PM
Maybe instead of a timed penalty you could make an order penalty were the next few games don't count towards orders.

Why should anybody get get punished for leaving a match? People don't even try to play the objective.

I don't want to be doomed with babysitting them and waste 25minutes of my life, which i planned to enjoy.

If that penalty comes back, I most likely will not play Breach and not For Honor in general, since every other mode isn't fun compared with Breach.

Let leavers get replaced by lvl3 Bots way more frequently and that's it.

Blitzwarrior771
11-21-2018, 11:02 PM
I would expect game to be fixed first , balance and mm and parry mechanic before anything else .

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Why should anybody get get punished for leaving a match? People don't even try to play the objective.

I don't want to be doomed with babysitting them and waste 25minutes of my life, which i planned to enjoy.

If that penalty comes back, I most likely will not play Breach and not For Honor in general, since every other mode isn't fun compared with Breach.

Let leavers get replaced by lvl3 Bots way more frequently and that's it.

I've quit out of a match recently were two guys were just standing on home zone emoing to eachother at the beginning of the game so I get where you're coming. I quit out of a match where someone on my team had a microphone that was making a load squeaking sound. Still having orders delayed isn't as big of a deal as a time penalty in my eyes. So to say easy kill level 3 bots are a fair replacement for a teammate...unless it is conc or aramusha....is kinda unfair.
I don't disagree with you. I hate it when teammates don't play the objectives or goof off. But so many people back out if matches simply because they "think" they are going to lose. I wish we could distinguish between the sore losers and the justified but we can't so because it's a team based game their should be a team based penalty for leaving the team.

Tellahane
11-22-2018, 12:13 AM
I've quit out of a match recently were two guys were just standing on home zone emoing to eachother at the beginning of the game so I get where you're coming. I quit out of a match where someone on my team had a microphone that was making a load squeaking sound. Still having orders delayed isn't as big of a deal as a time penalty in my eyes. So to say easy kill level 3 bots are a fair replacement for a teammate...unless it is conc or aramusha....is kinda unfair.
I don't disagree with you. I hate it when teammates don't play the objectives or goof off. But so many people back out if matches simply because they "think" they are going to lose. I wish we could distinguish between the sore losers and the justified but we can't so because it's a team based game their should be a team based penalty for leaving the team.

As a newer player I would also suggest the level of the boots be scaled off the skill/rep of the players too, nothing more annoying then having a good even brawl and then two leave and get destroyed by 2 level 3 bots before being good enough to handle them, I know it's rare to get two lvl threes but it's happened a couple of times...

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-22-2018, 01:40 AM
As a newer player I would also suggest the level of the boots be scaled off the skill/rep of the players too, nothing more annoying then having a good even brawl and then two leave and get destroyed by 2 level 3 bots before being good enough to handle them, I know it's rare to get two lvl threes but it's happened a couple of times...
I saw on YouTube one time where someone made the boys fight eachother to see who was better. If this was done one a much larger scale by ubi it would be much easier to pick the perfect bot for each match especially if the bots were tested in gank situations as well.

Illyrian_King
11-22-2018, 01:59 AM

Most crazy drives me, when people ALWAYS use that crappy zip-line. If I could just cut it while they are all on it ...

We always lose archer points, because some very bright spots among the best tacticians find it extraordinarily smart to have 2 people defending the healing point, 1 at the ram and me alone at the archer points. Sometimes 1 guy goes solo on the Guardian.

I think the very best solution is to stay away from leaver penalty and instead replace players way more often with lvl3 Bots, since they are actually to be taken serious. It can not replace a really good player, but such people I am complaining about, I would instantly sell for a lvl 3 Bot :rolleyes:

But right ... lvl3 Bot Conq can really cause some chaos.

papa_joseph1
11-23-2018, 02:00 PM
What is needed is the option to surrender, this is a siege afterall and surrendering was common place.
I for one don't find any fun in being steam rolled by the attackers and forced to just deal with being butchered for a half hour.

Given how long the match is, i'd rather just allow my team to vote leave match and give the attackers a victory then be stuck wanting to bash my brains in because it's just me and three bots against a premade who's intention is to remove any fun from the game.

this could also work vise versa, defenders can also steam roll hard enough that past gate one it gets stuck for way too freaking long.

T0NKA47
11-24-2018, 07:33 AM
Quit penalties accomplish nothing. People will abandon the game if they have penalties, why? Because ppl play games for fun and they dont want to play a match they know is lost or with idiot teammates.

Not only that but they have to then penalize ppl for disconnects, why? Because on PC, you can simply open your network adapter and click disable then enable and you are booted from the match with no penalties.

Herbstlicht
11-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Maybe some different perspective. I don't care much about winning or loosing because at some point it always kinda evens out. But I care about match quality. If there is only one person constantly above 200 ping (very rare), I leave for almost sure. Below 50 ping means good quality matches, up until 100 its playable though already a lot less fun, but beyond its getting really bad. Most matches are of high quality (players with lower ping), but sadly its not always the case.

So in the end, before I suffer through a lagging, kill-resetting experience, I just quit it and search another game. And in my opinion no one shall dare punish me for avoiding something that is by no means any fun to play!

What might help more could be making it ranked - only. You quit, you loose rank. Its an objective based game mode in a time m any players are too stupid to focus on objectives anyway. So if a few less play it, its ok. And when giving people ranks and ranked rewards, maybe even combined with slightly more EP and Steel, they will take it more seriously and not quit this fast. If Ubi further changes matchmaking so that connection quality is even more relevant and does no longer lie about "skill is even" and adjusts loosing and gaining rank on the differences in MMR, in my opinion, this could work.

Last thing to suggest, is punishing people that quit like every loosing match. I mean one in ten should not matter. But quitting 2 out of three should. And something that could work really, really well, is just boosting (!!) mmr for every match abandoned that goes beyond a .. say like 20% treshhold of the last 10 games. This way people will think twice, because they are sure to get a tougher match next time. And if they quit again, it will become one hell of matches they have to loose until they are back in their bracket.

Ah, guess many things to do stuff like this. But dunno whats best because mentality of most people is weak. When they talk about enjoyment, its winning only. But this game can be fun enough if you just win some nice fights though you might loose the battle. At least for me :3

p0wn3rki11
11-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Maybe some different perspective. I don't care much about winning or loosing because at some point it always kinda evens out. But I care about match quality. If there is only one person constantly above 200 ping (very rare), I leave for almost sure. Below 50 ping means good quality matches, up until 100 its playable though already a lot less fun, but beyond its getting really bad. Most matches are of high quality (players with lower ping), but sadly its not always the case.

So in the end, before I suffer through a lagging, kill-resetting experience, I just quit it and search another game. And in my opinion no one shall dare punish me for avoiding something that is by no means any fun to play!

What might help more could be making it ranked - only. You quit, you loose rank. Its an objective based game mode in a time m any players are too stupid to focus on objectives anyway. So if a few less play it, its ok. And when giving people ranks and ranked rewards, maybe even combined with slightly more EP and Steel, they will take it more seriously and not quit this fast. If Ubi further changes matchmaking so that connection quality is even more relevant and does no longer lie about "skill is even" and adjusts loosing and gaining rank on the differences in MMR, in my opinion, this could work.

Last thing to suggest, is punishing people that quit like every loosing match. I mean one in ten should not matter. But quitting 2 out of three should. And something that could work really, really well, is just boosting (!!) mmr for every match abandoned that goes beyond a .. say like 20% treshhold of the last 10 games. This way people will think twice, because they are sure to get a tougher match next time. And if they quit again, it will become one hell of matches they have to loose until they are back in their bracket.

Ah, guess many things to do stuff like this. But dunno whats best because mentality of most people is weak. When they talk about enjoyment, its winning only. But this game can be fun enough if you just win some nice fights though you might loose the battle. At least for me :3

You gave a bit of a long winded response, but I did read it. Punishing frequent quitters is an interesting take. Nobody likes quitter penalties, and that is all people have been saying in this forum. But what do you think of compensating those of us fools who remain in a match that is now going to be a slaughterfest because someone got tilted and left? I think getting xp and reward bonuses might make getting pounded for half an hour a bit more worth it

Understandably so, no-one wants to play a high ping match, i play on console though so if i can get below 80 ping with most people its a win...so quitting can be understandable, but i hardly quit willingly, usually the match just crashes when laggasaurus starts attacking me from 6 years in the future.

You mention fixing the "Skill" stat for players and i am 8000% behind this because, Ubi, I'm flattered you think my skill is on even footing with a Rep 200 player with 60 reps into an Aramusha but you are WRONG. Whatever they are using to determine skill is either incorrect, inaccurate, or doesn't have a wide enough scale. It just doesn't work.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-24-2018, 05:47 PM
On a slightly off topic it would be nice if the poor souls that get placed into matches that are way behind would get a feat compensation. I don't mind being put in a match to help anchor losing team that is getting trashed on but at least give me rocksteady when the other team is already at their fourth feat.

Illyrian_King
11-24-2018, 06:06 PM
On a slightly off topic it would be nice if the poor souls that get placed into matches that are way behind would get a feat compensation. I don't mind being put in a match to help anchor losing team that is getting trashed on but at least give me rocksteady when the other team is already at their fourth feat.

This is also true.

A few days ago i entered a match, where the ram was already at the half broken gate and not even my first feat unlocked.

FxM-RecPowa
11-29-2018, 11:26 PM
Totally unreasonable.
What is penalty for? Even for PvE matches? That's nonsense.

I play for fun. If I'm not having fun, I quit, for a lot of reasons. When I have just one hour to play (you know, life), getting a penalty of 15 min on a roughly 30-40 match prevents me from playing.

But that's ok, if developers decided this, I'll stop to playing. I don't have time to waste, if I find myself in a match (EVEN PvE) that's not fun for reasons, I'll quit.

Good for me I got this game for free.

Roseguard_Cpt
11-30-2018, 04:01 PM
I haven't seen it in awhile, but a big issue I had with Breach was I was fighting a team of Shaolin and I was attackers they could use their T2 Feat Blink to tech into attacker spawn and Spawn Camp. Has this issue been resolved? I haven't seen any patch notes on it.