PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to completely reset the game?

Ghostheldap
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I'd like to start over on my copy of Conviction, and I was wondering if there's any way to reset all the P.E.C. challenges and the story save.

Before, when I attempted to overwrite my story save by starting it again, I saw that my P.E.Cs, upgrades, and weapons acquired were still in place.

Thank you for your time.

Ghostheldap
05-07-2010, 08:58 AM
I'd like to start over on my copy of Conviction, and I was wondering if there's any way to reset all the P.E.C. challenges and the story save.

Before, when I attempted to overwrite my story save by starting it again, I saw that my P.E.Cs, upgrades, and weapons acquired were still in place.

Thank you for your time.

Compassghost
05-07-2010, 09:07 AM
The game launcher has a button in the top right next to the X that disables auto-sync. Then you delete your save and you're back to normal, I think.

Ghostheldap
05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
How do I delete the save?

DCAustin007
05-15-2010, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Compassghost:
The game launcher has a button in the top right next to the X that disables auto-sync. Then you delete your save and you're back to normal, I think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wondering what that button did! I've clicked it and saw the option to disable online sync. If anyone tries it, let us know, I'm not ready to lose my saves just yet.

Compassghost
05-15-2010, 11:42 AM
It just prevents your data from syncing. It doesn't delete your local side data, since I managed to run it again without losing anything and then reactivate syncing. That being said, still haven't found my bloody save yet =_=

Vampire28
05-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Everyone should click that button, it makes loading and quiting the game like 15-20 seconds quicker. And if you bodged up and bought an upgrade you didn't mean too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif you can get rid of that annoying reflex sight.

You'll need to unlock the extras again as well. Don't know how the new 3E map works if you delete your save.

Furious_Lunatic
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
Go to Program Files (or Program Filesx86 on vista, or whatever number is behind it it).

After that, find the Ubisoft folder &gt; Ubisoft Game Launcher &gt; Storage &gt; map with random letters and numbers &gt; map with a number, in my case 2.

In there, there's a heap of files in there, just click on them, so you can rename them and put ".deleted" behind them (minus the quotes).
Dunno if it works with online storage, but for local storage it works like a charm.

<span class="ev_code_RED">DISCLAIMER:</span> Be aware that this removes everything, you have to unlock your bonus content again and it removes every P.E.C Challenge literally making you start completely anew.

Edit: some "speeling" mistakes.

Jah_Reefer
05-20-2010, 03:18 PM
^ Also, whatever you unlocked with UPlay points will keep being linked to the account. You won't get any extra UPlay points, even though it says "Action Complete" on certain levels.

This is a tried and tested method btw, great for those who like getting achievements (such as myself), to keep a game fun.