PDA

View Full Version : Faction war?

Telemork
11-20-2018, 03:03 AM
The whole consept of the main story is strictly about faction vs faction...
The whole game is built upon factions vs factions...

Yet, we are matched with allied players of different factions, attacking or defending random faction locations.

Love it when my berserker groups up with knights, defending some ninja fortress.

Its hard to get invested when nothing matters.

MarshalMoriarty
11-20-2018, 04:37 AM
Common sense dictates that it has to work this way. You'd really restrict character selection just for lore reasons?

DefiledDragon
11-20-2018, 04:47 AM
The faction war is quite clearly rigged in favour of the Vikings. FACT.

ChampionRuby50g
11-20-2018, 05:54 AM
Yeah, it’s because we threatened to raid Ubisofts headquarters annually and steal all their micro transaction profits, so they pay us off by giving us the faction war each season. Works a treat. Maybe the knights should start a crusade against Ubi and the samurai could just stop existing because they’re pretty much useless.

SangLong524
11-20-2018, 09:30 AM
This topic pops up once in a while. Same question, same reasoning, same everything. Partially contributing to n-nerf waves. Its fine to be a history buff, but too much is just dumb lunacy.
If u even bother to play the story at all, OP, at the end they formed a sort of coalition, or at least came to a mutual understanding.
The faction war is based on the storyline.

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 12:14 PM
I am pretty sure everyone stopped caring after season 3, after it was clearly seen to be rigged for the first 3 seasons: Each faction got a win, making them """""equal""""" and each faction win released 2 heroes of the opposing factions, and it came out perfect. Also the rewards have kinda gone downhill and the faction war has no real bearing on the gameplay. Kinda lore friendly that as each warrior grows greater they care less about the cause as a whole and more about their own personal gain. That's the problem with an endless war, nobody wins...we all just get bored.

Illyrian_King
11-20-2018, 01:00 PM
The problem is also depicted in the Faction War, if anyone still takes it serious.

Lets say I play knight and have 3 vikings in my team: If I play well, my viking group members profit with me and and earn troops they can deploy against me.

It should at least be, that I just get matchmaked with people of my own faction, and that you always just see the minions of your faction on your side.

Telemork
11-20-2018, 01:22 PM
If u even bother to play the story at all, OP, at the end they formed a sort of coalition, or at least came to a mutual understanding.
The faction war is based on the storyline.

I remember that part of the story where everyone was on the same side, protecting the enemy fortress.

Do you read what you write before subitting a reply?

p0wn3rki11
11-20-2018, 01:44 PM
I remember that part of the story where everyone was on the same side, protecting the enemy fortress.

Do you read what you write before subitting a reply?

He is referring to the final scene where the kensei, warlord, and lawbringer all meet up around the fire in Citadel Gate to discuss bringing this massive war to an end. Although it doesn't help his argument that the randomness of the factions is justified. The reason they are random is ironic, the factions in the areas depend on who has control of the area that map is located relevant to the faction war map. The defenders being who has it and the attackers being who is trying to take it.

Devils-_-legacy
11-20-2018, 05:29 PM
The faction war is quite clearly rigged in favour of the Vikings. FACT.

I wouldnt say they rigged it just another example of the way ubisoft balance something

Hormly
11-20-2018, 08:53 PM
People still think it's rigged lol oh dear.

Honestly though nobody cares about the stupid faction war, the rewards have been trash since season 1 and honestly I wouldn't care if it was removed entirely just so I don't have to sit through a brief scene of axes and swords falling on a map every time I log on

papa_joseph1
11-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Faction war is meaningless, vikings win, everybody gets a little bit of loot, map resets.
Snowball effect, the more vikings win, the more people move to it, the less likely any other faction will win, it's an inherently flawed system from the start.

FrostyMoonMoon
11-23-2018, 07:31 PM
Love it when my berserker groups up with knights, defending some ninja fortress.

Made my day.

FrostyMoonMoon
11-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Dude. Samurai's own this season. I was Samurai too last season. They never won anything before. I changed it and now Samurai's winning everything.

DefiledDragon
11-23-2018, 08:09 PM
I wouldnt say they rigged it just another example of the way ubisoft balance something

I was being hyperbolic. Does anybody really care anyway? You get some loot crates or whatever every now and again. Given the "value" of loot, especially after the new, awful perks system's introduction, I, personally, couldn't care less. I have a number of loot crates just sat there with zero incentive to open them.

Illyrian_King
11-23-2018, 09:35 PM
I think people are getting away from the actual topic.

The topic was, why the faction you choose doesn't matter at all, when you fight for a samurai keep as a knight together with vikings against knights.

DefiledDragon
11-23-2018, 09:59 PM
I think people are getting away from the actual topic.

The topic was, why the faction you choose doesn't matter at all, when you fight for a samurai keep as a knight together with vikings against knights.

Yeah but that's down to lack of consequences for choices that's prevalent in video games across the spectrum, barring a few notable exceptions. Take Skyrim as the classic example. You can play as all the classes at the same time, you can switch your "birthstone" at any time, you're not locked into any one path. That's just how games are now. Imagine the uproar if your choice of faction limited your hero selection in game. It would be epic. It annoys me in Skyrim but I can live with it in FH because it would be annoying beyond belief to not be able to choose Orochi because I'm a member of the Knights faction.